Review: 'WPIX/11's 60th Birthday Bash'

Review: 'WPIX/11's 60th Birthday Bash'

There are 5 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 12, 2008, titled Review: 'WPIX/11's 60th Birthday Bash'. In it, Newsday reports that:

WPIX/11'S 60TH BIRTHDAY BASH Tomorrow, starting at noon, ending with a 9 p.m. special hosted by Jim Watkins and Kaity Tong.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

gng

Gardiner, NY

#1 Jun 13, 2008
Officer Joe Bolton always reminded us not to pull the shenanigans of the Three Stooges because we could get hurt or hurt someone else. You don't get that kind of advice today!
jonesmadu

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Jun 14, 2008
I was born in 1958 , so me and my sisters grew up watching all of these programs. I think it is wonderful and hope it can continue. Channel 11 also showed Henry Aldrich movies on Saturdays I would reallly like to see some of those movies. Thank you for bringing old memories and laughter.
Todd Schuster

West Hurley, NY

#3 Jun 14, 2008
I can never call it CW 11. To me it'll always be WPIX 11 Alive. From the days of Yankee baseball, to the Magic Garden, Joya Sherrill from Joya's Fun School, Sunday movies from 1130AM to 7PM, Action News with the late great Pat & Joe Harper, Jerry Girard, Steve Bosh & Robbie Tirado & Bob Harris. Memorable indeed. Also the great voices of Channel 11 Ralph Lowenstein & Bill Biery. Classic. Nice to see WPIX have this special day for classic comedies & dramas. LONG LIVE 11 ALIVE!!!
Chilly Willis

Astoria, NY

#4 Oct 26, 2008
Chiller Theatre with horror host Zacherley, the Cool Ghoul last night was terrific. Hopefully it will return permanently. Th WPIX message board is overflowing with page after page of praise for it. For many baby boomers, Chiller is synonymous with Ch. 11 on Saturday nights.
Andrew Gardner

Landing, NJ

#5 Sep 25, 2011
i will never forget the movies channel 11 showed over the years like box office hits to box office flops, but it didn't matter if it was a hit or flop, what mattered was that the movies they showed then were great. now the movies they show now suck. bring back the 8 o'clock movie. bring back the old movies you used to show even when you were wb11. i really miss the greatest movies of all time. get rid of those stupid teen shows.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

I Dream of Jeannie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fly Me to the Moon (Oct '14) Oct '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News I Dream of Jeannie' was one of my favorites (May '11) Jul '14 dmw 7
News Michael Ansara, who played original Klingon, dies (Aug '13) Aug '13 Bama Yankee 2
News Larry Hagman, notorious and beloved as 'Dallas'... (Nov '12) Nov '12 99 cent shrimp co... 6
News Labrador Retweets Endorsement from Fictional 19... (Oct '12) Oct '12 SeeRayRun 3
News 'I Dream Of Jeannie' bottle donated to Smithsonian (Apr '11) Dec '11 Jess 2
News Lucy @ 100: the Ballad of Lucy and the Duke... ... (Aug '11) Aug '11 songjunho 1
More from around the web