ABC gives the ax to 'Men in Trees'

Full story: Chicago Tribune
I wish I could say that I didn't see this coming. I had a feeling ABC would cancel "Men in Trees," and sure enough, TVGuide.com reported Monday that the network has done so. Full Story
Ted Hope

Mishawaka, IN

#1 May 8, 2008
re: Men In Trees
If someone bought a pet and treated it the way ABC has
treated Men In Trees, they would be jailed for a felony crime.
This is not a case of "whoops we killed the show". This is a
case of deliberate intent ( premeditation---murder in the first
degree ). Warner Brothers should file suit or find another net-
work or both.
L Hamlin

United States

#2 May 9, 2008
ABC has a history of contempt regarding its viewers and their loyalty to its shows. Moving shows abruptly, sliding in old footage tarted up as a "new" rerun with more information (it doesn't fool us it is still the same old repeat or recut to appease our desire for another show) or by playing hide and seek with the time slot - this aggravates people that would otherwise stay with a show ... if they could find it. I call it attention deficit marketing.
I agree it is like "Men in Trees" seemed to be set up for an cancellation by terminal movement. We keep looking for it and can't find where they hide it. Then when we find it again, they stop it. Yikes. Makes me want to read.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

How I Met Your Mother Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'How I Met Your Mother' ends a legendary run May '14 Mancl 5
Meg Ryan Cast in "How I Met Your Mother" Spin-Off Apr '14 Im Scary Looking Now 1
NBC boss isn't worried about Letterman successor Apr '14 Silly times 2
5 Essential 'How I Met Your Mother' Music Moments Apr '14 M Robert 2
NEWHow I Met Your Mother finally answers its ow... Apr '14 Last Screenname Left 1
"How I Met Your Mother" Co-Creator Carter Bays ... Apr '14 Last Screenname Left 1
'How I Met Your Mother' braces for 'ambitious' ... Mar '14 Old Sam 1
•••
•••

How I Met Your Mother People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••