Cable shows rack up Emmy nods, claim ...

Cable shows rack up Emmy nods, claim place in history (9:03 a.m.)

There are 1 comment on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jul 18, 2008, titled Cable shows rack up Emmy nods, claim place in history (9:03 a.m.). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

"Mad Men," AMC's stylish drama about the ad agency world in the 60s, and "Damages," FX's legal thriller, made Emmy history Thursday when they became the first shows from a basic cable channel to be nominated in ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

wtf

Ottawa, Canada

#1 Jul 18, 2008
"Cable shows"? Look, America, cable is a delivery system, not a production company. ABC, NBC and CBS have all received Emmys for their shows and guess what? They all come to my house on cable.

Now there are independent production companies, whose programs also come to my house on cable, but they aren't "cable" shows just because I can't get them on an antenna. They are just television programs.

Welcome to the 21st.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

How I Met Your Mother Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Meg Ryan Cast in "How I Met Your Mother" Spin-Off (Apr '14) Oct '16 richardnames 2
News Crown Uptown brings a Hedwig home to Kansasa (Aug '16) Aug '16 Frank 4
News 5 Most Disappointing Films of Twenty-Fourteen (Jan '15) Jan '15 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News 'How I Met Your Mother' ends a legendary run (Apr '14) May '14 Mancl 5
News NBC boss isn't worried about Letterman successor (Apr '14) Apr '14 Silly times 2
News 5 Essential 'How I Met Your Mother' Music Moments (Apr '14) Apr '14 M Robert 2
News NEWHow I Met Your Mother finally answers its ow... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Last Screenname Left 1
More from around the web