Ratings: 'Heroes' Falls Further Monda...

Ratings: 'Heroes' Falls Further Monday - ABC, CBS lead the nigh...

There are 36 comments on the Zap2it.com story from Oct 7, 2008, titled Ratings: 'Heroes' Falls Further Monday - ABC, CBS lead the nigh.... In it, Zap2it.com reports that:

Fast National ratings for Monday, Oct. 6, 2008 The decline of "Heroes" continued Monday as the show hit a new ratings low, leaving NBC well behind ABC and CBS for the night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Zap2it.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
beer-ak obama

Las Vegas, NV

#21 Oct 7, 2008
i like the black guy!
its me

United States

#22 Oct 7, 2008
i agree. this could be the last season of Heroes.
But CHUCK is still awesome. the episode last night was really good! please dont let it be the last of Chuck
dreamwalker

College Park, MD

#23 Oct 7, 2008
This is fantastic news! If we keep this up by 2010 every single network will be showing some sort of dancing with stars knockoff or reality show flavor of the day.

Imagine every single hour filled to the brim of pure REALITY

I mean come on networks- its cheaper to produce- it doesnt take a degree to write the stuff AND

PEOPLE ARE EATING IT UP

Yummy
cinnarose

Middleton, WI

#24 Oct 7, 2008
this can't possibly be good for Heroes. Being beat by crappy reality tv? for shame!
Titans Fan 29

Blountville, TN

#25 Oct 7, 2008
Am I watching the same season of Heroes as the rest of you? I think this season is a vast improvement upon season 2, and almost as good as season 1 - good enough as a continuation anyway. And they did pare down the cast by about 20-25% over last season.

I completely agree that reality tv is ruining television - especially dancing with the stars. This could be one of the worst shows of all time. I currently only watch 4 shows on right now: Heroes, Lost, The Fringe and Criminal Minds - in that order. Without these shows, I would probably cancel my cable - there's just absolutely nothing else worth watching right now.

It's sad to me that America can't appreciate a show as well-written and consistently entertaining as Heroes. They would rather watch Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, or Dancing with the Stars. God...shoot me in the face!
Patty

New Baltimore, MI

#26 Oct 7, 2008
I love Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles, it's a great show with a great cast.

Have to admit, I'm still a Heroes fan since season 1, episode 1 but they are bouncing around in time too much. So much so I had to watch this episode again on my dvr. After watching my thoughts were 'here we go again, saving the world, same characters, same abilities, pretty much rehashing the season 1 storyline'.

At least Heroes gained on its lead in where ratings are concerned. But boy do I hate Nielsen statistics anyway, primitive data collection.
nice1stu

Sweden

#27 Oct 8, 2008
It's a sad indictment of Television viewership that shows like Dancing with the Stars, with really no artistic or creative attribute rates above other television. I guess this is good for the Networks though... it further justifies continually churning out moronic celebrity / reality shows which panders to the voyeuristic / paparazzi in the viewers. These shows are cheap to make, even shows offering a Million Dollar prize would be cheaper then shows that must have writers, production teams to produce sets, costumes, pay for camera people, stars all those things. However, these shows are the proving ground of young talent in the industry which reality / celebrity shows does not provide.

It's a shame, but what can you do when network executives are thinking about the dollar rather then to providing quality entertainment... and at the end of the day, the masses have spoken, from their armchairs being cornfed drivel that they can digest with minimal effort.
dreamwalker

College Park, MD

#28 Oct 8, 2008
And for those science fiction/fantasy fans that beleive they can blow off a show because it doesnt live up to their standards

and at the same time believe

The network will cancel that show and give you something worthy of your tastes SOMETHING of substance.

I hate to bust your bubble but they WILL remove heroes and the WILL remove terminator

And next year we will have "Dancing with Stars Circus Stars" on Fox and on NBC we will get "Singing the Blues with kevin nealy."

And the sad part is, they both will draw about 20 million viewers
Jessica

Bayonne, NJ

#29 Oct 8, 2008
Privileged wasn't a repeat. What kind of idiot columnist writes things without fact checking first?
Alan 59

Schenectady, NY

#30 Oct 10, 2008
I wouldn't blame the writer, Jessica. If you're correct that "Privileged" was not a repeat of the fourth episode, then the CW did a very stupid thing. Plugging in a new episode of a struggling series at the last minute, when a repeat was scheduled, would be an amateurish move. No one who didn't watch or tape the hour would be expected to know that.

For Titans Fan: I can think of dozens of TV series worse than "Dancing With The Stars," some of which are currently in production. If you don't like it, that's fine - I don't watch it either - but that doesn't make it bad.
Eddie V

Houston, TX

#31 Oct 13, 2008
There is only one show every week I can't wait to see, it's Heroes. It's my fav show on TV period.
Cabernet2go

Cranbury, NJ

#32 Oct 22, 2008
Heroes used to be a fantastic show to watch. No longer. With the stress of everyday life, work, business and family life...I don't need to turn my mind on "High-Octane" at 9 PM to try and figure out what the H*ll Heroes is trying to accomplish with its ever confusing story line! Give us a few story lines, not 20, concentrate in one time continuim, not several, give us a few characters...not 25...then maybe I'll begin to watch it again. These shows, not just Heroes, but more and more of them are becoming way ever so confusing and complicated that it's no longer the same show that we allvoriginally fell in love with !

KISS!

Keep it simple stupid!
Heroes Lover

AOL

#33 Nov 13, 2008
I love Heroes but there are so many shows on Monday night so how can you expect to get the viewers. Why doesn't Heroes move to another night? I end up taping(DVR) my shows on Monday because there are too many to watch...it gets so frustrating!!
Chuck Fan

AOL

#34 Nov 13, 2008
I love Chuck almost as much as I love watching Heroes. I'm upset that Dancing with the Stars has so viewers and good TV shows are no longer important. The reality shows have killed TV. Why don't they just start a Cable Channel just showing reality shows and then give us good quality shows on ABC, NBC and CBS. I'm a frustrated TV watcher right now and then to add all the good shows on Monday night. What is happening!!!!
nrk

Nassau, Bahamas

#35 Nov 13, 2008
Heroes is getting really really bad...the storyline is getting too confusing K.I.S.S.!!!
johnd

AOL

#36 Nov 13, 2008
dreamwalker wrote:
And for those science fiction/fantasy fans that beleive they can blow off a show because it doesnt live up to their standards
and at the same time believe
The network will cancel that show and give you something worthy of your tastes SOMETHING of substance.
I hate to bust your bubble but they WILL remove heroes and the WILL remove terminator
And next year we will have "Dancing with Stars Circus Stars" on Fox and on NBC we will get "Singing the Blues with kevin nealy."
And the sad part is, they both will draw about 20 million viewers
Must you always enterject reality into my little world?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

How I Met Your Mother Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Crown Uptown brings a Hedwig home to Kansasa 14 hr Frank 4
News 5 Most Disappointing Films of Twenty-Fourteen (Jan '15) Jan '15 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News 'How I Met Your Mother' ends a legendary run (Apr '14) May '14 Mancl 5
News Meg Ryan Cast in "How I Met Your Mother" Spin-Off (Apr '14) Apr '14 Im Scary Looking Now 1
News NBC boss isn't worried about Letterman successor (Apr '14) Apr '14 Silly times 2
News 5 Essential 'How I Met Your Mother' Music Moments (Apr '14) Apr '14 M Robert 2
News NEWHow I Met Your Mother finally answers its ow... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Last Screenname Left 1
More from around the web