TV ratings: 'Hell's Kitchen' cooks up...

TV ratings: 'Hell's Kitchen' cooks up demo win Tuesday - 'Ameri...

There are 10 comments on the Zap2it.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled TV ratings: 'Hell's Kitchen' cooks up demo win Tuesday - 'Ameri.... In it, Zap2it.com reports that:

Gordon Ramsay of 'Hell's Kitchen' Discuss this story now 'America's Got Talent' still leads the overall race Fast National ratings for Tuesday, Aug.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Zap2it.com.

Rena Moretti

El Segundo, CA

#1 Aug 26, 2009
Shame on zap2it!!:(

For once that NBC actually wins something, you annoint distant third FOX as the winner, complete with picture.

This is entirely ridiculous and a complete misrepresentation of the truth.

I expect much, much better from you!
Rena Moretti

El Segundo, CA

#2 Aug 26, 2009
All right, so I kind of enjoyed NBC getting its karmic due by being ignored when it actually wins a night, but really...
Kyle

Fredonia, NY

#3 Aug 26, 2009
Karma!! See its bad karma because they canclled My Name Is Earl
Aaron R

Decatur, IL

#4 Aug 26, 2009
To me, karma is what a two-year-old actually says when trying to pronounce the word "caramel."

Even though I don't believe in it, I use the word quite a lot, but I think in this case, NBC's bad karma came looooooong before they cancelled My Name Is Earl. That wound has been festering for at least a decade now.
Dakjoy

Greensboro, NC

#5 Aug 26, 2009
I just love Hell's Kitchen. No matter what group they have, they are entertaining, as is Gordon Ramsey. They always make me laugh and I'm always amazed at how dump people really are.
johnd

AOL

#6 Aug 27, 2009
That must be why it wins with 18-49yo crowd. I can't believe they would watch a cooking show with curses but then thats why I'm not a Tv programer.
Rena Moretti

El Segundo, CA

#7 Aug 27, 2009
Aaron R wrote:
To me, karma is what a two-year-old actually says when trying to pronounce the word "caramel."
Even though I don't believe in it, I use the word quite a lot, but I think in this case, NBC's bad karma came looooooong before they cancelled My Name Is Earl. That wound has been festering for at least a decade now.
Didn't their bad karma start when they hired JAff Zucker? ;)
Aaron R

Decatur, IL

#8 Aug 27, 2009
Fox News had a somewhat blithering story about how poor Jay Leno is going to be the whipping boy if his show fails this season. The way they put it, if Leno fails, NBC will fail. They blame it on Zucker, too, but I'm sure there is blame to be had all around. NBC is almost too far gone now to save, and I imagine it won't be too long before General Electric puts it up for sale. Even having a free launch pad for the politically correct news report-cum-ad campaign of the week isn't worth losing money hand over fist.

I just feel bad that Leno will probably get a good deal of the blame from NBC if things go bad, which they likely will. Fortunately for him, he's a classic car guy, and he can always use his hobby to fall back on. Conan doesn't have that safety net, and his career might not recover if he goes down with Leno.

As for Hell's Kitchen, the only difference between it and a bikini wax with duct tape is that at least the people employing the duct tape aren't yelling at you while they're ripping out your pubic hair.:P
Rena Moretti

El Segundo, CA

#9 Aug 28, 2009
Aaron R wrote:
Fox News had a somewhat blithering story about how poor Jay Leno is going to be the whipping boy if his show fails this season. The way they put it, if Leno fails, NBC will fail. They blame it on Zucker, too, but I'm sure there is blame to be had all around. NBC is almost too far gone now to save, and I imagine it won't be too long before General Electric puts it up for sale. Even having a free launch pad for the politically correct news report-cum-ad campaign of the week isn't worth losing money hand over fist.
I just feel bad that Leno will probably get a good deal of the blame from NBC if things go bad, which they likely will. Fortunately for him, he's a classic car guy, and he can always use his hobby to fall back on. Conan doesn't have that safety net, and his career might not recover if he goes down with Leno.
As for Hell's Kitchen, the only difference between it and a bikini wax with duct tape is that at least the people employing the duct tape aren't yelling at you while they're ripping out your pubic hair.:P
I'm almost surprised that Leno accepted that deal. He has very little to gain (it's not like he needs the money!) and a lot of his reputation to lose.

Certainly, Jeff Zucker will not hesitate to blame him if he thinks that'll help him draw his big,fat salary for one more year of destroying NBC and Universal.
Rena Moretti

El Segundo, CA

#10 Aug 28, 2009
By the way, in case someone from zap2it is watching, today's discussion board for some reason is not on Topix. I hope this is just a mistake because Topix is, by far, superior to zap2it's board which is unmonitored and where responses are not tracked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hell's Kitchen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Really Confused (Jan '16) Mar '16 stevie69 5
News Gordon Ramsay loses pub rent battle (Jan '15) Jan '15 jules 3
Connecticut Girls Competing On 'Master Chef Jun... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Michael John 1
Sterling has to go (Nov '14) Nov '14 Mdb8805 2
News One of TV's sweetest shows MasterChef Junior is... (Nov '14) Nov '14 caroleyu 2
News Chef Jamie Gregorich eliminated from 'Hell's Ki... (Aug '11) Sep '14 dmw 5
News Gordon Ramsay stars in - MasterChef,' - Hotel H... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Bloodonhishands 1
More from around the web