Local chef in 'Hell's Kitchen' final ...

Local chef in 'Hell's Kitchen' final cookoff

There are 29 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 6, 2009, titled Local chef in 'Hell's Kitchen' final cookoff. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Whew! When you can fry eggs on the Florida asphalt, it's time to think about cool foods on the menu to deal with the heat and humidity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Montgomery, AL

#24 May 6, 2009
TGG wrote:
This Hell's kitchen show is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. It never ceases to amaze me of the nonsense people are amused by. I would punch that rude chef in the head at his first rude outburst.
Hey...I know you....you are the guy in the stained wife beater, one flip flop, and tore up jeans that appeared on cops last week!
Plenty O Toole

Cincinnati, OH

#25 May 6, 2009
Heather McPhereson (and some readers here) obviously don't get the show's concept. Ramsay's role in the show is not to coach. It's to drill and weed out the weak to arrive at the BEST ostensible chef. Remember these people claim they can cook and run a kitchen when they get to Hell's Kitchen.

McPhereson should educate herself on the Ramsay enterprise prior to commenting. Watch the F Word on BBC America for starters. His tone is completely different as in that show, he takes a brigade of ordinary citizens and let's them work in his kitchen. He is very patient and spends a lot of time showing them how to do things. Only when they repeatedly screw up over the same things, does Ramsay lose it.

Winter Springs, FL

#26 May 7, 2009
MizzyD wrote:
Wrong show OneVoice.
And of course little old Heather wouldn't like the fast paced ways of Chef Ramsey. But if you ask any real chef/cook, there are many many head chefs out in the "real world" who are like him in the kitchen.
I can't wait to watch the finale and hope Danny wins!!
You are right - sorry

Winter Springs, FL

#27 May 7, 2009
Did not mean to confuse anyone. However, isn't that what they are if they win? top chef?

Ottawa, Canada

#28 May 15, 2009
Great show, Chef Ramsay chose the perfect person to be the chef in is new restaurant. I am soooo happy for Danny. Great job Danny I know you will do a great job!!

Sarasota, FL

#29 May 17, 2009
SRQ has some good chefs in general, and pretty darn good food considering it's a small small city..even the food at the Ritz for DickeyV's cancer benefit on FRI was outstanding, and I really don't like that much hotel food , but this stuff was very good

Sarasota, FL

#30 May 20, 2009
Love the guy! and he is a "home grown" just like the idol from Sarasota Seshia. We got lots and lots of talents here in our little town!

Sarasota, FL

#31 May 20, 2009
I've lived in a lot of places, but Sarasota-Manatee does have some really good chefs and some excellent mom n pops eateries-

that's a testament probably because people don't put up with lousy to mediocre food, and most of my friends don't even consider eating at a chain restaurant at all-

but from Nokomis to Siesta , to St Armands, Longboat, to Holmes Beach to DT, to even a few places in Manatee like Rivera, DT Bradenton, to LWR, you can find well prepared and thoughtful food, and it's not necessarily a rip either, even though those places certainly do exist of course-

but early on the stage was set, by guys like Mattison, chefs at Cafe L'Europe, Ophelia's, and even earlier the stage was set by Osteria, Euphemia Haye, LAurgerge, Harry's, Beach Bistro, Pino's (the original), and quite a few others than deserve mention for sure-

but most people who travel in the US and tons of travelers from Europe, and residents of Canada,pretty much already are aware of the skills and quality found in very small Sarasota-Manatee
A Fan

Owensboro, KY

#32 May 29, 2009
I have grown addicted to this show

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hell's Kitchen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Really Confused (Jan '16) Mar '16 stevie69 5
News Gordon Ramsay loses pub rent battle (Jan '15) Jan '15 jules 3
Connecticut Girls Competing On 'Master Chef Jun... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Michael John 1
Sterling has to go (Nov '14) Nov '14 Mdb8805 2
News One of TV's sweetest shows MasterChef Junior is... (Nov '14) Nov '14 caroleyu 2
News Chef Jamie Gregorich eliminated from 'Hell's Ki... (Aug '11) Sep '14 dmw 5
News Gordon Ramsay stars in - MasterChef,' - Hotel H... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Bloodonhishands 1
More from around the web