Local chef in 'Hell's Kitchen' final cookoff

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Whew! When you can fry eggs on the Florida asphalt, it's time to think about cool foods on the menu to deal with the heat and humidity.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
OneVoice3

Winter Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

Can someone as laid back as he is be a great Top Chef?
Willie the Pimp

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

Of course you're not impressed with Ramsey's "fire-breathing style." You're a poor, soft American who can't handle anything harsher than Oprah during her "time of the month."

Ramsey Rules!

Since: Sep 08

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

Wrong show OneVoice.

And of course little old Heather wouldn't like the fast paced ways of Chef Ramsey. But if you ask any real chef/cook, there are many many head chefs out in the "real world" who are like him in the kitchen.

I can't wait to watch the finale and hope Danny wins!!
Sherri

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

Good Luck Danny! I hope you win it!
South of the Border

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

I would like to see the guy win too, and will definately stop by to see his restaurant when I am over that way. And Willie, it's too early for that tone... Lay off the Coffee!
Grow Up

Winter Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

Ramsey may be the world's greatest commercial chef but he is the last person I'd submit myself to or allow anyone I knew to be subjected to.

The best coaches don't scream and throw things and berate their teams, calling them names. This man is some sort of psychopath. How he got put on TV and has been able to stay on the air this long is a mystery to me.

I've had many great teachers, many sorry ones, and the ones that I count in the former list were the calm, patient, and reassuring ones who didn't call me names, didn't tell me I'd never amount to anything, didn't throw things at me or make me think they were going to strike me if I did something wrong.

Ramsey should enlist in the Marines if he likes this style of bullying. There he would fit right in.
Gordon is great

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

Ramsey is SOOO cute! You know his act is just for TV> He is probably awesome in real life.
DriveBy Poster

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

Grow Up wrote:
Ramsey may be the world's greatest commercial chef but he is the last person I'd submit myself to or allow anyone I knew to be subjected to.
And I'm sure that he'd agree that if this is the limit of your vision, you're the last person he'd want in his kitchen.
You can complain about his persona if you want, but great chefs don't achieve greatness without being able to lead the brigades - and as he IS one of the top chefs in the world, there is abundant evidence that his style works. At some point the evidence outweighs the complaints, and this is one of those times.
Grow Up wrote:
The best coaches don't scream and throw things and berate their teams, calling them names. This man is some sort of psychopath. How he got put on TV and has been able to stay on the air this long is a mystery to me.
I bet if we all wait patiently enough, sooner or later you'll realize what it is about Ramsay that makes him good TV.
SerialOffender

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

Grow Up wrote:
The best coaches don't scream and throw things and berate their teams, calling them names. This man is some sort of psychopath.
What sport do you play? Powderpuff football? Why dont you watch the NBA playoffs tonight and see if Stan Van Gundy takes the soft and gentle approach. Maybe Doc Rivers will give his team a big group hug as well.
eastcoaster

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

Best of luck Danny!
dadgad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

Good luck Danny!

Chef Ramsey may come across as a gruff SOB, but he looks like he'd be a pretty cool dude to hang with away from the kitchen.

You don't get to the top being a wimp. You got to have a thick skin, some have it, most don't...
Lance

Clermont, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

Danny knows he is not the winner, which is why he opened up the New Symrna restaurant.
Sponge Doc

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

The problem with this show is that they took the American Idol angle and intentionally have poor and marginal chefs/line cooks. They want the train wreck. Too much scripted junk compared to Top Chef.

Alas... Ramsey is a world class chef and the marketing/show is pure genius on his part.
lah-di-dah

Leesburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

Lance wrote:
Danny knows he is not the winner, which is why he opened up the New Symrna restaurant.
Danny didn't open that restaurant...Scott, the owner, did. Danny has always been a chef at Flip Flops. The old Flip Flops closed and they just opened up the new location last month.
Good Luck Danny!
syl

Franklin, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

"
lah-di-dah wrote:
<quoted text>
Danny didn't open that restaurant...Scott, the owner, did. Danny has always been a chef at Flip Flops. The old Flip Flops closed and they just opened up the new location last month.
Good Luck Danny!
"

I've been watching Hell's Kitchen for a couple of seasons and think it is well worth the hour of my life each week.
Chef Ramsey IS TELLING IT LIKE IT IS in the real world...no candy coating.
All the best the Danny - He is my choice, but kudos to whomever wins, well deserved.
A real shame Robert had to drop out - I liked him too.
TGG

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

This Hell's kitchen show is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. It never ceases to amaze me of the nonsense people are amused by. I would punch that rude chef in the head at his first rude outburst.
DriveBy Poster

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

TGG wrote:
This Hell's kitchen show is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. It never ceases to amaze me of the nonsense people are amused by. I would punch that rude chef in the head at his first rude outburst.
Rudeness makes you violent? Wow...That's really something brag about. I guess that makes the people on the show stronger than you, because they've been able to avoid escalating it into violence.
You ARE the type of nonsense that amuses people.
Jackie Chiles

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

I am pulling for Paula, she is hotter than Danny.
hogdaddy

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

Best of luck from a NSBer...but honestly, this show is for entertainment purposes, not to be taken seriously. How someone can go from being a cook at at NSB joint to being a chef in charge of a large restaurant...does no one see that it would not last long..if it happens at all. Im not saying the kid is not a good cook or does not know what he is doing...but to acheive greatness, you climb the ladder..not go from the lower level straight to the top in a few weeks..there is a lot to learn in running a top notch kitchen other than making good dishes. best of luck..hope a local wins the prize...but as for being an Emeril, Flay, or Guy...Danny has a way to go
hogdaddy

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

Grow Up wrote:
I've had many great teachers, many sorry ones, and the ones that I count in the former list were the calm, patient, and reassuring ones who didn't call me names, didn't tell me I'd never amount to anything, didn't throw things at me or make me think they were going to strike me if I did something wrong.
Ramsey should enlist in the Marines if he likes this style of bullying. There he would fit right in.
He was put on TV for his attitude...that is his gimmick...just like going to a hibachi steak house...it is entertainment..."reality " TV is not real...it is similar...but well thought out, partly scripted...and pre determined....on HK you see 40 or so minutes of a week of taping....the show is cut and edited to portray whay gets ratings.....did you think you would see a chef known for yelling demonstrating and teaching techniques?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hell's Kitchen Discussions

Search the Hell's Kitchen Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ja'Nel Witt: Hell's Kitchen Season 11 Winner De... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Sheik Yerbouti 1
Chef Gordon Ramsay dishes on Season 11 of 'Hell... (Apr '13) Jul '13 amw 11
Gordon Ramsay opens Plane Food restaurant at He... (Apr '08) Jul '13 Marbil 5
Loyd Grossman doesn't rate the World's 50 Best ... (May '09) Jul '13 wwes34 2
Gordon Ramsay - Highest Earning Chef (Jul '12) Jun '13 Chantelle 3
PETA Targets Celebrity Chef Fans With New 'Sile... (May '12) Feb '13 John 10,820
'Kitchen Nightmares' recap: is Rita in love wit... (Nov '12) Nov '12 I cant wait to get home 1
•••
•••
•••