Hardcore Pawn - Just my opinion, ough...

Hardcore Pawn - Just my opinion, oughta be yours

Posted in the Hardcore Pawn Forum

Wacky

United States

#1 Jul 2, 2012
Ghetto Pawn, the true title of this piece of work they call a television show.

Sadly, I find myself tuning in to see just what the next pathetic thing they'll show. They certainly like to make the people in the community look like complete, brainless idiots. It's really an insult to them, that's for sure.

If the show was real and not being filmed, I think Pops would have told the spoiled little brat daughter to take her fat ugly ass home to hubby and don't come back. She better hurry because I'm sure her old man will be wanting out of that marriage pretty quick too.

The claim that they try to help people in the community certainly is a joke. They low-ball everyone they can it's sickening. They act like their items are all crap and worth 10% or less of what it really is. I understand they need to make a profit etc, but they are the next thing to thieves and the people are so desperate that they take the beating. I'm not sure how much or if any of it's not staged, but it wouldn't surprise me that people constantly get offended and start a scene when they try to rob them blind. People are always trying to get an extra $5 or $10 just to feel like they aren't getting ripped off, and they won't even budge. They should at least try to have them leave with some kind of feeling they worked with them, but their attitude is to make the people feel inferior and less of a person than they are. How disgusting.

I can't even remember (lost count) of the times when they act like an item is crap, only worth melt value, etc, etc. Then comment right as the people are barely out of ear shot on what a steal they got and how they are going to make a killer profit. What a pure group of trash these people are.

I'd probably have quit watching by now, but I'm dying to see if the old man ever gets to the point where he tells his whiny, bitch of a daughter who looks like a thin girl dressed in a fat costume to once and for all get the hell out. Blah! Her voice grates on you like a hundred fingers on a chalk board.

I love the way the hypocrite continues to tell her brother not to do something, or point out what he's doing wrong, etc, only to constantly do the same things herself time and time again. Wow! What a dog. I'm already at the point where I fast forward through half the show. Not much left for me to tolerate.

And what's the deal with TrueTV's slogan? Not Reality, Actuality. What a crock. I got a kick out of the towing show, until I found out right away that it's a complete fabrication. They stage everything I guess, so Actuality is a bald face lie. Pathetic!

I know most of the shows are scripted to a point in order to make it entertaining, but I really like the American Pickers, Cajun Pawn and the Pawn Stars. One of my favorites is American Restoration, it's a good one I think. I see plenty of things that I know are staged on the ones I like, but at least it's tasteful and doesn't offend people like Ghetto Pawn does.

I only saw up to the point where Les fired the guy Rich I think his name is, that's been there a long, long time. I don't know if that was a ploy or what, but I hope it's real and he goes and finds a respectful company to work for and get the stank of the Ghetto Pawn off of him before he retires. He doesn't need that dump, they need him but will never admit it. Les puts his waste of a heartbeat daughter first. I think the son was a decent person and still could be, but if he stays with the family business much longer, he'll be poisoned beyond repair. Run Seth, run, before it's too late.

Must be sad to leave this world with a legacy that the people on Ghetto Pawn will. They'll think they will be remembered for something great, when they actually will just leave a bad taste in the mouths of most they come across in their lifetime. Yuck!

With that, I'm gone...
Hardcore Pawn

Guthrie, OK

#2 Nov 13, 2012
Ditto 100%

“Live Each Day and Have Fun !”

Since: Nov 12

Where I am at .

#3 Nov 20, 2012
Totally agree here ! This is the biggest waste of time. This family is so messed up ! The few times I have watched some of it . My B/P went up they are all frinken crazy !
Mark

Leominster, MA

#4 Feb 5, 2013
Wacky wrote:
Ghetto Pawn, the true title of this piece of work they call a television show.
Sadly, I find myself tuning in to see just what the next pathetic thing they'll show. They certainly like to make the people in the community look like complete, brainless idiots. It's really an insult to them, that's for sure.
If the show was real and not being filmed, I think Pops would have told the spoiled little brat daughter to take her fat ugly ass home to hubby and don't come back. She better hurry because I'm sure her old man will be wanting out of that marriage pretty quick too.
The claim that they try to help people in the community certainly is a joke. They low-ball everyone they can it's sickening. They act like their items are all crap and worth 10% or less of what it really is. I understand they need to make a profit etc, but they are the next thing to thieves and the people are so desperate that they take the beating. I'm not sure how much or if any of it's not staged, but it wouldn't surprise me that people constantly get offended and start a scene when they try to rob them blind. People are always trying to get an extra $5 or $10 just to feel like they aren't getting ripped off, and they won't even budge. They should at least try to have them leave with some kind of feeling they worked with them, but their attitude is to make the people feel inferior and less of a person than they are. How disgusting.
I can't even remember (lost count) of the times when they act like an item is crap, only worth melt value, etc, etc. Then comment right as the people are barely out of ear shot on what a steal they got and how they are going to make a killer profit. What a pure group of trash these people are.
I'd probably have quit watching by now, but I'm dying to see if the old man ever gets to the point where he tells his whiny, bitch of a daughter who looks like a thin girl dressed in a fat costume to once and for all get the hell out. Blah! Her voice grates on you like a hundred fingers on a chalk board.
I love the way the hypocrite continues to tell her brother not to do something, or point out what he's doing wrong, etc, only to constantly do the same things herself time and time again. Wow! What a dog. I'm already at the point where I fast forward through half the show. Not much left for me to tolerate.
And what's the deal with TrueTV's slogan? Not Reality, Actuality. What a crock. I got a kick out of the towing show, until I found out right away that it's a complete fabrication. They stage everything I guess, so Actuality is a bald face lie. Pathetic!
I know most of the shows are scripted to a point in order to make it entertaining, but I really like the American Pickers, Cajun Pawn and the Pawn Stars. One of my favorites is American Restoration, it's a good one I think. I see plenty of things that I know are staged on the ones I like, but at least it's tasteful and doesn't offend people like Ghetto Pawn does.
I only saw up to the point where Les fired the guy Rich I think his name is, that's been there a long, long time. I don't know if that was a ploy or what, but I hope it's real and he goes and finds a respectful company to work for and get the stank of the Ghetto Pawn off of him before he retires. He doesn't need that dump, they need him but will never admit it. Les puts his waste of a heartbeat daughter first. I think the son was a decent person and still could be, but if he stays with the family business much longer, he'll be poisoned beyond repair. Run Seth, run, before it's too late.
Must be sad to leave this world with a legacy that the people on Ghetto Pawn will. They'll think they will be remembered for something great, when they actually will just leave a bad taste in the mouths of most they come across in their lifetime. Yuck!
With that, I'm gone...
WELL SAID BRO
Mark

Leominster, MA

#5 Feb 5, 2013
YOU KNOW when your last name is "gold" WTF?
Mark

Leominster, MA

#6 Feb 5, 2013
Im actually watching this bullshit show now...just so i can see the commercials..and get my blood pressure up so i will have a few drinks go to sleep wake up tomorrow take a flight to detroit and sell that dickhead a 2013 penny for two cents

“Live Each Day and Have Fun !”

Since: Nov 12

Where I am at .

#7 Feb 6, 2013
Even after a few drinks I can't watch that waste ! I would rather watch the toilet bowl go around and around !!!!
Tristen

Temperance, MI

#8 May 7, 2013
This cracks me up that people sit on here and whine about a dumbass tv show. If its so bad, why even waste time writing about it? I don't see the point in it..
Gwardy

Pike Ntl Forest, CO

#9 Jun 19, 2013
This show reminds me of the idiots in Flint so yes I can believe their customer base has a low IQ score. I know ours sure did. It's a business they are their to make the most they can from something. Why not sell it yourself then online (It's what I do I have never been in a pawn store in my life)*shrug* Of course they only buy gold based on the pot value...no one cares if its your Great Grandma's ring...why you selling it or pawning it then if its so dare to you!!! I do agree the daughter is a stuck up cow...she reminds me of the typical MI wealthy women. I'm guessing she is on the show (as it sounds she never worked there in the past although they claimed she left to raise kids then came back...but yet knows little about the business...hmmm) to collect the per episode money is why she is there...if Chumlee gets $25,000 per episode, you know these dolts get that too.

Everyone knows Pawn Stars is staged its been told by people that have gone by the shop in Vegas. However I'm not sure Hardcore Pawn is staged...I know like I said I ran a family business in Flint and yep we got just as crazy customers as they show on this show. I mean you got to be a little crazy to use a pawn store for your financial survival.

People in the inner city do seem to feel entitled, hence when you see someone demand they get $500 for a $100 at most item...LOL As they said though their real business and money maker is PAWNs not buying and reselling stuff...but if they have that much stuff in the warehouse as they complain about they really need to beef up their internet sales and get that stuff sold...silly to hold onto stuff to maybe make a profit later.

I do like they use the internet to search what things go for. Although I'm sure Pawn Stars does do that it seems they have distance themselves from mentioning internet research at least on the show.

It's a time killer show for me...typically laying in bed about to sleep....LOL
ginnz

Winkler, Canada

#10 Jul 5, 2013
Ashley makes me sick. that look on her face is disgusting. And I don't believe you can fake that kind of bitchiness.... she's a "hardcore bitch!" LOL.
BoomerG

Norman, OK

#11 Aug 4, 2013
Hardcores Pawn is a show about some of the scummiest, most ignorant, trashy people you could ever meet. And then there is their customers.
toomuchjva

Levittown, NY

#12 Sep 11, 2013
I've recently started watching this show, which I found addictive for a couple of weeks. I agree with most of the comments here. Awful people running the place, and pretty much awful behavior from the customers all around. I can't stand how they purposely get the customers pissed for the show. For instance, repeatedly asking what they need the money for. It truly is none of their business and although the general response is "it's none of your freaking business", they persist in asking it. If you watch the early episodes, their behavior is different ... particularly Ashley's. They're nicer all around. So I assume they've been told to add more drama by baiting the customers. One thing I have to correct, I don't think Ashley is fat ... I think she's pregnant. Either way, this part of the critique could have been left out IMO.
Edwin Toro

Flushing, NY

#13 Dec 31, 2013
After watching Hardcore Pawn I will never visit Detroit as long as I live. What a bunch of low lives that populate that city.
cujokay

Cleveland, OH

#14 Jan 21, 2015
Tristen wrote:
This cracks me up that people sit on here and whine about a dumbass tv show. If its so bad, why even waste time writing about it? I don't see the point in it..
I'm with you. It's counter-productive.

Dammit if the show stresses you out to the point that your blood pressure is rising; turn it OFF! It's not rocket science. I don't understand the concept of self-torture. Hate the show but I'm going to watch it so I have something to b!itch about. SERIOUSLY????

It's like they're watching just to complain. WTF???

It's bizarre.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hardcore Pawn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
question Dec '15 John 2
American Jewelry employees quit due to being to... (Jan '13) Dec '15 Marina oates 5
News Les Gold, left, and his son Seth are stars of t... (Apr '11) Nov '15 desciple 14
ashley (Jan '15) Oct '15 Kerissa 4
Seth (Aug '12) Jan '15 cujokay 12
ashley gold (Jul '12) Jan '15 cujokay 4
The Hustler is back? (Jul '14) Jan '15 cujokay 2
More from around the web