Cat Complaints in South Pittsburg

Full story: WTVC 68
By: Drew Bollea The website for the city of South Pittsburg has a banner across the top that reads, "The Tidiest Town in Tennessee." People who live on Holly Avenue might disagree. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
JLG

Jasper, TN

#1 Sep 25, 2012
I was just wondering when we would see something done about the cats on Holly Ave & around town? Seems that the cats are inbreeding again so before long there will be 40 cats. The people who own the cats are just letting the problem get worse if worse is possiable.So.Pittsburg newspaper said @ city meeting they were going to hire for animal control. I haven't seen where anything has been done with the cats. It should be a law to have pets neutered & cats should have to be boarded just like dogs have to be chained up.These cats have destroyed yards, plants,& cars, homes filled with fleas.The paper also said someone said @ city meeting the story was embarrassing that the people had 31 cats. It must not have been to embarrassing for them because before it went to the news the city was aware of the problem & choose to do nothing!!Seems nothing has changed!!I take pride in where I live!! shouldn't have to have the problem of cleaning up up after someone elses mess because they are too lazy to take cats to get fixed or give away.To homes that would actually take care of them.no one should be able to have 30+ cats to stink up our neighbor hood.....
ListenClosely

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Sep 30, 2012
You should wish cats were your only problem. The new neighbors are what you otta worry about.
bulldogdad

Jasper, TN

#3 Oct 1, 2012
My dog could take care of a lot of those cats for you but ignorant people freak out at the sight of him.
ListenClosely

Butler, KY

#4 Oct 1, 2012
bulldogdad wrote:
My dog could take care of a lot of those cats for you but ignorant people freak out at the sight of him.
He is probably a good dog, but you should not allow him to "kill" other animals. Maybe people freak out because of the way to present him. Shame, shame, shame.
bulldogdad

Jasper, TN

#5 Oct 8, 2012
that was a joke. a bad one. he's actually a teddy bear.
anonymous

Jasper, TN

#6 Oct 9, 2012
Simple fix, Contact the guy at the chinese restaurant. If you'll notice, there is not a stray animal problem within 2-3 miles on either side of a chinese restaurant!
JLG

Jasper, TN

#7 Oct 9, 2012
ListenClosely wrote:
You should wish cats were your only problem. The new neighbors are what you otta worry about.
I know what you are saying! Right now though the cats are the main concern. Its nasty, unhealthy, & I could go on & on. They are not even tring to fix the problem.. The cats are inbreeding again so, soon there will be more. "More trouble." The owners just think its cute & funny. Their attitudes are so disrespectful..

Just what does tax money go toward?? but THAT"S just a whole different issue!!
JLG

Jasper, TN

#8 Feb 21, 2013
I just read in Hustler that @ town meeting M.A.R.C. wants to stop picking up cats. when they can spay & neuter then return to area picked up from. All this does is stop the mateing.. What about the smell,ruined grass & flowers,dead birds,insects from dead birds.fleas & garbage strowed all over the alley's from cats dragging it out tring to find food.I for 1 am tired of cleaning up after cats that no one takes care of.I guess this will also stop these cats from just helping theirselves to my outside furniture & leaving their hair behind for someone getting all over them when sitting. Oh wait I can put a vaccum outside with sign better clean 1st will get cat hairs all over you! M.A.R.C. maybe has a big yard to place these cats.Now all of us in town can actually get outside breathe, walk & play in their yard.Now that sounds like a solution to me.M.A.R.C deal with it. Its nasty I'll just let you know.shoveling crap,hairs flying around when tring to grill your dinner I could just keep going on.Oh they like climbing on your cars also,they have nails the scratch.The smell of cat gets in your car.M.A.R.C. we need better solutions to this...
POOR FOOLS

South Pittsburg, TN

#9 Feb 22, 2013
Do like everybody else in town.load them up and let them out behind Rudders Market.I live their and at least 20 STRAY cats are running loose down here.the man next door has 1 cat and when he feeds his and goes inside i watch cats come from everywhere to fight over any that his cat doesnt eat.What do we do?cant shoot them cant poison them the city will not catch them so i guess tie a dog in the back yard and let someone complain on here about a barking dog huh?
Elliott

South Pittsburg, TN

#10 Feb 22, 2013
We need a better animal control in South Pittsburg, period. The cats and the dogs that run loose is out of control. In Richard City there are large aggressive stray dogs that come and go as they please. On Elm there are a dozen or more cats that do the same. These animals poop in our yards, kill birds and other small animals, then leave them on our sidewalks. We need some sort of effective animal control that will pick up these animals and take them to the shelter. This issue is still out of hand and needs to be dealt with.
Jerry

South Pittsburg, TN

#11 Feb 23, 2013
just put a bullet in there head it works
Haley

Jasper, TN

#12 Feb 23, 2013
Just bring them to my house. I loooove cats. I will feed them, then let them go poop in your yard, scratch your car and watch them multiply like crazy. Did I mention, I loooove cats.
JLG

Jasper, TN

#13 Feb 23, 2013
Haley wrote:
Just bring them to my house. I loooove cats. I will feed them, then let them go poop in your yard, scratch your car and watch them multiply like crazy. Did I mention, I loooove cats.
I LOVE MY CATS(2) ALSO. They are my family. They live in my house & use a litter box. they do not destroy others property. You Haley should come get some of the cats if you so LOOOOOOVE CATS make a shelter for them & LOOOOOVE them the way they should be.Oh did I mention put your Loooove to good use, not be an ass!!!!
GOOD MORNING VIETNAM

South Pittsburg, TN

#14 Feb 24, 2013
bring em to my house i will use them 4 target practice and then save on the grocery bill.Cats if cooked correctly are better than squirrels.I should know i ate enought of them in Vietnam.
Rusty Martin

Antioch, TN

#15 Feb 27, 2013
Good news! I spoke w/ Mayor Dawkins recently on Facebook. I offered my services as an independent contractor . I could trap and remove the cats for a flat rate of $50 per cat, which is a home town discount! Note: I am a nationally certified animal control officer.
The mayor advises she may be consulting with an out of town company to remove the cats .
Uh huh

Trenton, GA

#16 Feb 27, 2013
I think if people spay & neuter their animals they wouldn't have that problem in the first place! And as far as shooting them you need to have a little respect for living things! Remember someone had to bring these cats home & then turned them out for them to breed & multiply like they have & it is mainly bad pet owner faults. Also, you can have them spayed & neutered for a low price by contacting Anne Grindle because there is a spay & neuter bus that parks beside the water company in Jasper. So if you want to fix the problem get you animals spayed & neutered SIMPLE!
WOW 50 Dollars per cat

South Pittsburg, TN

#17 Feb 27, 2013
$50 per cat...Im sure alot of "LOCAL" people would be interested in that...
We have plenty of people looking for jobs rigtht here in our own town...why on earth would we need or want to hire someone from out of town.
Keep the $$ here at home...I say...
Heck high school kids would catch those cats for $5 an take them to the local shelter....
If for somee reason we cant use the people already hired for that?
Rusty Martin

Nashville, TN

#18 Feb 28, 2013
Actually, I am from S.P.
$50 per cat is a "home town discount".
As far as using "schoolies" to catch these cats, remember that some may be feral ,carry diseases, and may cause health and safety risks. Hiring a nationally certified animal control officer is the cities best and smartest route to go!
WOW 50 Dollars per cat

South Pittsburg, TN

#19 Feb 28, 2013
Rusty Martin wrote:
Actually, I am from S.P.
$50 per cat is a "home town discount".
As far as using "schoolies" to catch these cats, remember that some may be feral ,carry diseases, and may cause health and safety risks. Hiring a nationally certified animal control officer is the cities best and smartest route to go!
Key word "FROM"
Best for who?? YOU!!!!!!
You been trying to suck your way into this job for years now...The last mayor wouldnt fall for it an i pray this one wont either.
There are folks here that live here an pay tax's HERE thats outta work an could use the money an do the same job.
You try to make it sound like NO ONE But you can possibly do this job...an its BS....
You claim $50 a cat is "Home Town Discount" i say its a "RIP OFF"
Rusty Martin

Nashville, TN

#20 Mar 1, 2013
WoW 50 dollars per cat: you called me out so I will respond:
1- yes . I am from S.P. I now live and work in Nashville. I hope ro move back home in the future.
2-best for who? You....: yes, i would love to do this job as an independent contractor.As far as me wanting the Animal ControlDirector's job....yes! It would give me the opprotunity to move back home . I am not sure the City would play ball with me. My asking price would be $45,000 per year.
as far as keeping the job "local" -it appears a agency out of Chattanooga has the inside track.
As far as $50 per cat goes, contact any major private animal removal service and get some quotes! you will see, indeed,$50 per cat is the "home town discount"!
Lastly, sign,or draw., your name!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Happy Endings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'SNL' cast member 'fired' after one season Jul '14 Way Back 1
The Hotwives of Orlando Spoofs Miami's Real Hou... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Anonymous 1
I Want My Gay TV (Sep '13) Sep '13 Curteese 29
Goodbye 'The New Normal' and 'Happy Endings', H... (May '13) May '13 stickyface 12
What to Watch Friday: Double the Happy Endings,... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Eddie 1
'Scandal' Exploits Black Women's Images? Also, ... (Oct '12) Feb '13 dev143 10
Who's Gay On TV? Dads, Journalists, Investigato... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Shania 11
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Happy Endings People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••