The Fonz draws from unhappy days for ...

The Fonz draws from unhappy days for inspirational kids' books ...

There are 3 comments on the The Morning Call story from May 6, 2007, titled The Fonz draws from unhappy days for inspirational kids' books .... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

He is an American pop culture icon. The black leather jacket he wore on the TV sitcom ''Happy Days'' hangs in the Smithsonian Institution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Wayne McFarlane

Peterborough, Canada

#1 May 7, 2007
It is great that a celebrity like Henry Winkler is willing to write and talk about his learning disablility. Some celebrities are not so brave. Take NFL football player for example, with 10% to 15% of the total population having a learning disability but not one football player will admit to having learning disability.
Donna Senior

Ancaster, Canada

#2 May 8, 2007
I am excited to find this article, and can't wait to share it with my students. We are reading one of these books in class right now (I am reading, they are listening). I teach a class of 6 boys identified with behaviour exceptionalities. The fact that they listen so quietly and with such intensity and enjoyment to the story is an indicator of how much they identify with Hank, the main character. Thank you for the books!
NYC LD teacher

Brooklyn, NY

#3 May 23, 2007
Would love to see Henry Winkler on T.V. again as the Fonz, in an animated series as a learning disabled child/student and how he gets through life as he grows--episodes for the kids to relate to and live by( Dennis the menace style) in addition to the continued writing of books to motivate the dyslexic student.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Happy Days Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UC Berkeley students threaten to sue over Ann C... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Berkeley sucks 3
News BJ and Jamie: Tabloid Trash_630_042417_1516 Apr '17 justwondering 1
News The Latest: First candidates cast vote in Frenc... Apr '17 CodeTalker 1
News Former Happy Days star Henry Winkler 'angry' at... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Dr Wu 2
News Happy Days Star Al Molinaro Dies (Oct '15) Oct '15 Dr Wu 1
News Ray Novak is Stephen Harper's "Fonz" - without ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Dee Mentia Conswe... 1
News Ron Howard Goes 'Opie' For Obama: Dir. joins An... (Oct '08) May '15 swedenforever 18
More from around the web