Diane Sawyer: 17 possible 'Good Morni...

Diane Sawyer: 17 possible 'Good Morning America' replacements

There are 45 comments on the Zap2it.com story from Oct 21, 2009, titled Diane Sawyer: 17 possible 'Good Morning America' replacements. In it, Zap2it.com reports that:

Diane Sawyer is leaving "Good Morning America" to begin anchoring "World News" in January when anchor Charles Gibson retires.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Zap2it.com.

Judy

Austin, TX

#24 Oct 22, 2009
Give the co-host job to Chris Como. He's cute, funny, smart and fits well with Robin. Get someone else for the news segments to replace him.
Dianne

Minden, LA

#25 Oct 22, 2009
Maybe a "reporter/journalist " would be the best replacement for Diane Sawyer, not a comedian or actress. Anderson is a great choice, but probably too good for GMA
Pat

Wellington, OH

#26 Oct 22, 2009
What about LISA Ling?
b in pa

United States

#27 Oct 22, 2009
Interesting names but wrong gender. ABC says it wants a man for the job.
Holly

United States

#28 Oct 22, 2009
Gag!! Really?!?! These are your suggestions? Enough with Kate Gosselin. If she gets it, GMA credibility goes down the drain!!
Rachel

Winter Garden, FL

#29 Oct 23, 2009
Move Chris Como in Diane's spot and replace Chris with Deborah Roberts. George Stephanopolis is not very people friendly early in the morning to listen to...evening yes
Nan

Newton, MA

#30 Oct 23, 2009
ANDERSON COOPER GETS MY VOTE!
Katrina

Grants Pass, OR

#31 Oct 23, 2009
Diane don't go. It was very hard when we lost Charlie, but Robin really stepped up and the show in my opionion got better. We don't want you to go you and Robin rock (Chris and Sam just complete you two. Forget about evening news and stay where we all want you to be. You leave we stop watching!
If you do leave I would vote for Elizabeth Vargas, or put Chris in Dianes place and get a new news person. Chris and Robin work well together.
Cheops

Lansdale, PA

#32 Oct 23, 2009
I vote for NeNe Leakes from the Real Housewives of Atlanta.

PS...Anybody but Elizabeth Vargas

“TheseDays”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#33 Oct 23, 2009
Wow, didn't know she was leaving. You think she'll make it in World News?
Natalie

Flint, MI

#34 Oct 24, 2009
Can't get enough of Anderson Cooper!! Would love to have a cup of coffee with him every morning!
Abigail

Denver, CO

#36 Oct 25, 2009
Are you freaking 12 year's old? Wendy Williams? Kate Gosselin? Susan Lucci? What about REAL journalists? Hmm, Soledad O'Brien IS my choice.
Susan

New York, NY

#37 Oct 25, 2009
Anderson Cooper would be great, however, I think Maria Shriver would be even better!
Cynthia Williams

United States

#38 Oct 26, 2009
Anderson Cooper Would Be Perfect. Has The Quality Of Reporting The News In An A Way Walter Chronkite Did.
Martha

Ellicott City, MD

#39 Oct 28, 2009
Diane is a hard act to follow! Good luck to her in her new role. I would vote for Elizabeth Vargus.
Karen D

Durham, NC

#40 Oct 28, 2009
I could not vote for any one of the people above. this position needs a good REPORTER and someone that will compliment Robin. Please keep looking.
It also needs to be a women.
movielady302

Burlington, NC

#41 Nov 7, 2009
It should be Chris Cuomo. He's bright, is a great interviewer, he's already on staff and I love him!
Anderson Copper

AOL

#42 Nov 13, 2009
He would be great.
kelly

United States

#43 Nov 17, 2009
I actually think Kate Snow would make a great choice
kelly

United States

#44 Nov 17, 2009
i think kate snow would be an excellent choice

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Good Morning America Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Exclusive: Spears' Mom Contacted Dr. Phil (Jan '08) Oct 27 Chuck D F 11
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul '17 JacquelineDeane55 1
George (Apr '17) Jun '17 Greenleaf 3
News Billy Bush says tape with Trump brought his dau... (May '17) May '17 KW from CA 1
Disrespectful (May '17) May '17 DONNA 1
News Barry Manilow says he kept his sexuality secret... (Apr '17) May '17 Village People 80
News Sawyer in Harlan for work on story (Mar '08) May '17 CHUMP 12
More from around the web