Network Axes Fall Hard on Gay Characters

May 11, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Hollywood Reporter

"The New Normal," "Smash," "Partners," "Go On" all get the ax, while Heather Morris -- who plays bisexual on "Glee" -- doesn't have a deal to return.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of49
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
May 12, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

starringuandi wrote:
I don't know what the big surprise is.. All that" data" and "surveys" and "polls" are just spun up crap by the media.. Truth is, that lifestyle is just a minuscule percentage of the population.. And not admired! I don't care what those people do behind closed doors.. Just don't want it thrown in my face all the time!!
Then stop staring at them.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
May 12, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Fredrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you fagg@ts are hilarious. Fighting to see which one will get a d!ck up their a:ss first.
You have a very vivid recollection of your last sexual encounter.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
May 12, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Fredrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it was with you. Your first and my last, with a freak like you. You were worthless and you smelled like Sh!t.
Aw, you fantasize about me, how cute.

“A whole year on Topix! Yay!”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
May 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I saw the trailers for "Partners", and thought it looked insulting! I watched "The New Normal" simply because I'm a huge fan of Ms. Barkin-always have been! Anyway, fell in love with the show! It's theme was a young woman carrying a gay couple's baby. It was a fantastic show, and the couple was actually believable! Nice to look at, too! I'll miss it!

“A whole year on Topix! Yay!”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
May 12, 2013
 
Rick in Kansas wrote:
On the actual subject at hand. Saw a preview of "The New Normal", didn't find myself interested in seeing it again, only saw "Smash" in a couple of ads that didn't really pique any interest and the other two, never even heard of. Their getting the axe isn't saying anything about television programs with lesbian and gay characters, just that you have to make programs that people want to watch, quality or not.
If you get Chiller, they're running a marathon of one of the best programs that hardly anyone watched when it was on, "Pushing Daisies".
Ewww... that show was gross! But what do I know- I still miss "The Tracey Ullman Show"!

“A whole year on Topix! Yay!”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
May 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Lonnie wrote:
I say give all them queers the ax!!!
Put some lotion on the handle, and I'll take it!!!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
May 12, 2013
 
stickyface wrote:
<quoted text>Put some lotion on the handle, and I'll take it!!!
Just remember, I was on your side from the start.

“A whole year on Topix! Yay!”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
May 12, 2013
 
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Just remember, I was on your side from the start.
OK! They're so ridiculous, though!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
May 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

stickyface wrote:
<quoted text>OK! They're so ridiculous, though!
That's an understatement. Most do not even want to acknowledge reality, much less that humans should all be treated like humans. They just want to hate something.

“A whole year on Topix! Yay!”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
May 12, 2013
 
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an understatement. Most do not even want to acknowledge reality, much less that humans should all be treated like humans. They just want to hate something.
Well put! KittenKoder, I'm kinda new on the scene here, so help me. These are threads about TV sitcoms & cartoons; why do our discussions bring out such hatred? Are they policing the forums to attack us? We're just talking about pop culture pap, for Christ's sake! On a GAY forum! Help me make sense!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
May 12, 2013
 
stickyface wrote:
<quoted text>Well put! KittenKoder, I'm kinda new on the scene here, so help me. These are threads about TV sitcoms & cartoons; why do our discussions bring out such hatred? Are they policing the forums to attack us? We're just talking about pop culture pap, for Christ's sake! On a GAY forum! Help me make sense!
They don't edit much of the posts. The TOS is pretty loose, and the ability to post without registration makes these trolls think they are anonymous. You have to learn to ignore their stupid or just cal them what they are.
mounir438

Morocco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
May 13, 2013
 
good
Josh

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
May 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

stickyface wrote:
<quoted text>Well put! KittenKoder, I'm kinda new on the scene here, so help me. These are threads about TV sitcoms & cartoons; why do our discussions bring out such hatred? Are they policing the forums to attack us? We're just talking about pop culture pap, for Christ's sake! On a GAY forum! Help me make sense!
Why do you have the name stickyface? Bet I could venture a good guess.
LMFAO

“A whole year on Topix! Yay!”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
May 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you have the name stickyface? Bet I could venture a good guess.
LMFAO
No need to guess; it explains itself! And it's supposed to be funny!! Now, my turn: why are you on all these gay forums?
Josh

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
May 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

stickyface wrote:
<quoted text>No need to guess; it explains itself! And it's supposed to be funny!! Now, my turn: why are you on all these gay forums?
It explains itself????? That's not an answer. Maybe because, when you su:ck peter, it gets all over your face and gets sticky. That sounds about right. As for your question, I have a right to be here to express my dislike for homosexuality. What's your reason for being here?

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
May 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

stickyface wrote:
<quoted text>Well put! KittenKoder, I'm kinda new on the scene here, so help me. These are threads about TV sitcoms & cartoons; why do our discussions bring out such hatred? Are they policing the forums to attack us? We're just talking about pop culture pap, for Christ's sake! On a GAY forum! Help me make sense!
Blind hate never makes sense. It's one of those things whose existence you must simply accept. Fight it when you can. Let it go when you can't. In any event, don't absorb it.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
May 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
It explains itself????? That's not an answer. Maybe because, when you su:ck peter, it gets all over your face and gets sticky. That sounds about right. As for your question, I have a right to be here to express my dislike for homosexuality. What's your reason for being here?
The real question is whether you are expressing your disdain for our benefit or yours.

And the answer is.... DRUM ROLL PLEASE ... Your benefit.

None of us are impressed by your protestations. You are the only one who needs to be convinced.
Josh

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
May 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>The real question is whether you are expressing your disdain for our benefit or yours.

And the answer is.... DRUM ROLL PLEASE ... Your benefit.

None of us are impressed by your protestations. You are the only one who needs to be convinced.
Queer, are you mentally ill or something? Do you really think I care whether or not you are impressed?? You are just a typical twisted fagg@t.

“A whole year on Topix! Yay!”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
May 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
Queer, are you mentally ill or something? Do you really think I care whether or not you are impressed?? You are just a typical twisted fagg@t.
It isn't enough that you insult victims of molestation; now you're going after the mentally ill? Is there no limit to your hate? Oh, and I'm glad you have the right to express yourself-but when you play that card, you're telling us that you are all out of ideas! Do I have to explain that, too?
Josh

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
May 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

stickyface wrote:
<quoted text>It isn't enough that you insult victims of molestation; now you're going after the mentally ill? Is there no limit to your hate? Oh, and I'm glad you have the right to express yourself-but when you play that card, you're telling us that you are all out of ideas! Do I have to explain that, too?
No.1 queer, I'm am not insulting any molestation victims. No.2 wasn't making fun of the queer because he was mentally ill, just observed that it was a possibility because he was stupid, just like you. No.3 you ask if I wanted you to explain something? Are you kidding? You never even explained why you call yourself, stickyface. You just said it was self explanatory. I'd say my guess was right on. ROFLMFAO.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of49
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••