Chris Colfer plays gay teen Kurt Hummel on Glee .

Jan 4, 2011 Full story: The Age 10

Emily from Pretty Little Liars and 90210's Teddy . As it becomes more common for teenagers to realise - and then tell others - that they are gay or lesbian, there is also a growing number of teen characters on TV programs geared toward teens going through the same thing.

Full Story
SirAndrew

Honolulu, HI

#1 Jan 4, 2011
Chris Colfer plays a gay teen? On TV? On GLEE??? OMG! Why didn't anyone ever mention this in any news story at all during the last two years?
Mona Lott

Jackson, NJ

#3 Jan 5, 2011
SirAndrew wrote:
Chris Colfer plays a gay teen? On TV? On GLEE??? OMG! Why didn't anyone ever mention this in any news story at all during the last two years?
Didn't even read the article, did you?
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#4 Jan 5, 2011
That Rolling Stone cover of Chris Colfer is GREAT and funny ! LOL He reminds me of Felix Unger in that image.

The only reason I watch Degrassi is for Agiris Karras as Riley Stavros, the the gay captain of the football team. He's a cutie !

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#5 Jan 5, 2011
One thing Chris has going for him....He doesn't have to 'act' much b/c he IS gay! Kudos for Chris!
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#8 Jan 5, 2011
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>In that pic, yes. Love that look on his face! LOL
I look more like the guy in the Levi's vest.(I ALWAYS wear a vest, and have for the past 30 years, and I ALWAYS wear Levi's. I have the Levi's logo tattooed on my arm.)
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#9 Jan 5, 2011
Chris Colfer is not my type at all. And I can't stand the show because there's too much singing and dancing in it (Yes, I know that is what the show is about.) I can't stand that stuff.(JUDAS PRIEST & MEGADETH RULE !:))

But I'm a big fan of Agiris Karras and his role as Riley Stavros, the gay quarterback. HE'S my type !
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#10 Jan 5, 2011
Regarding Chris Colfer and other out gay stars in Hollywood, there IS a double standard in Hollywood regarding these stars.

You always read in the press, and see on tv, all the gossip about which Hollywood stars, and which recording stars, are dating whom, and whom they're having relationships with IF they are str8.

But Hollywood seems to be ALMOST silent about who's dating whom when it comes to out gay stars, such as Chris Colfer, David Hyde-Pierce, Daniel Pintauro, Jim Bullock, etc. It smacks of homophobia.
Mona Lott

Jackson, NJ

#11 Jan 5, 2011
Frank Stanton wrote:
Chris Colfer is not my type at all. And I can't stand the show because there's too much singing and dancing in it (Yes, I know that is what the show is about.) I can't stand that stuff.(JUDAS PRIEST & MEGADETH RULE !:))
But I'm a big fan of Agiris Karras and his role as Riley Stavros, the gay quarterback. HE'S my type !
You can't stand singing and dancing? WTF is wrong with you? No appreciation for the arts?

oooo Frank, you're SO evolved..... so well rounded....
...so tired.
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#12 Jan 5, 2011
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't stand singing and dancing? WTF is wrong with you? No appreciation for the arts?
oooo Frank, you're SO evolved..... so well rounded....
...so tired.
No. Not THAT kind of singing and dancing. I hate it. It's awful. About 95% of the music I listen to is ROCK. A little folk, a little Irish, a little classical, a little New Age.

But that Broadway type stuff sickens me. I suffered thru 2 Broadways shows in my life and will never go to any others.(The two Broadway shows I saw were La Cage Aux Folles and The Producers. I rather see a good movie (Kellys's Heroe's, Saving Private Ryan, ALIENS, etc.) or go to a good concert (Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Styx, Bachmann Turner Overdrive, etc.)

That Broadway type singing and dancing bores me to tears and just plain sux and gives gay people a bad name.

And no, I'm NOT "stereotypically gay".

“Choose wisely!”

Since: Jul 07

Los Angeles

#13 Jan 5, 2011
Frank Stanton wrote:
Regarding Chris Colfer and other out gay stars in Hollywood, there IS a double standard in Hollywood regarding these stars.
You always read in the press, and see on tv, all the gossip about which Hollywood stars, and which recording stars, are dating whom, and whom they're having relationships with IF they are str8.
But Hollywood seems to be ALMOST silent about who's dating whom when it comes to out gay stars, such as Chris Colfer, David Hyde-Pierce, Daniel Pintauro, Jim Bullock, etc. It smacks of homophobia.
There is a double standard in the TV/Film industry. If you're gay, everyone knows about it, but NO ONE, NO ONE discusses it and you are not allowed to be 'out'. Having said that Neil Patrick Harris, Ellen Degeneres and Chris Colfer (and a few others) have gone a long way to proving that things ARE changing in the industry, for the better for LGBT people.

It's just so wierd that people will admit it, show up to private parties with their lovers, but the media and the industry just do NOT discuss it. It's even more wierd that many LGB actors/actresses, directors, producers, etc. are married to an opposite gender person, but each will have lovers (having a "beard" as they used to say).

The young up and comers are changing things (slowly) but the old guard, well they like things just fine as they are.

Eric

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aglow with Glee: Victoria's Corey Monteith can'... 15 hr LELA 1
Glee is a xxxxx Name for a Television Show Dec 7 Badolfor 1
Jane Lynch & Wife Finalize Divorce Oct '14 Baddabing 1
Pastor Says Parents Should 'Alienate' Gay Kids,... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Alienation 1
'Glee' News: Adam Lambert, Demi Lovato and Chri... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Miley 1
'Glee' Season 5 Spoilers: More New York, Less D... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Demi Lovato 2
Glee 100th Episode Spoiler: Expect a Huge Britt... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Lauren 1
More from around the web