How Glee Is Changing the World, One 1...

How Glee Is Changing the World, One 12 Year-Old at a Time

There are 26 comments on the www.huffingtonpost.com story from May 14, 2010, titled How Glee Is Changing the World, One 12 Year-Old at a Time. In it, www.huffingtonpost.com reports that:

I've been following a couple of stories lately. One is about the Massachusetts Catholic school that recently accepted, then rejected an 8 year-old boy because his parents are lesbians. The other is that juicy media firefight sparked by "Straight Jacket," the Newsweek story questioning why heterosexual actors seem to play gay characters in films and on television, but gay actors can't return the favor . Part of that particular story focuses on the openly gay Broadway actor Jonathan Groff, who plays new heartthrob Jesse St. James on the television show Glee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.huffingtonpost.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
XXX

Belle Vernon, PA

#21 Jul 15, 2010
BS Spotter wrote:
People grow up !
Let me show you why you all are pissing against the wind.
For example: I don't like eating apples. But, because I don't like apples, it does not mean they do not taste good to other people.
Get it?
Geeeee..
If you like the TV series "Glee"....good for you. If you don'....good for you too.
So we should encourage people to like mediocrity?
BS Spotter

Los Angeles, CA

#22 Jul 15, 2010
And, you can do better?

Obviously you have no idea what it takes to do what they do on this series.

Look the definition of "mediocrity" and you will see what it means. "Mediocrity" is in the eyes of the beholder.
XXX

Belle Vernon, PA

#24 Jul 18, 2010
BS Spotter wrote:
And, you can do better?
Obviously you have no idea what it takes to do what they do on this series.
Look the definition of "mediocrity" and you will see what it means. "Mediocrity" is in the eyes of the beholder.
I never said I had any musical talent. In fact, I might be the worst singer in southwestern Pennsylvania. But at least I'm willing to admit it. These singers have little to no talent and are liked by teenage girls, who mostly and notoriously have pathetic taste in music to begin with. Miley Cyrus, anyone?
Also, a dictionary definition of the word "mediocre", which in no way states that mediocrity is in the eye of the beholder. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Medioc...
BS Spotter

Los Angeles, CA

#25 Jul 18, 2010
XXX, so you assume anyone that dares to be in front of an audience, must be the best the world has ever offered. So, Madona, the first time she sang a song, she was great!!??

So, no need to "practice, practice, practice" because if you are not "perfect" the first time, give it up and dedicate yourself to offer private trading offerings.

Since: Jul 10

Irvine, CA

#26 Jul 19, 2010
XXX wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I had any musical talent. In fact, I might be the worst singer in southwestern Pennsylvania. But at least I'm willing to admit it. These singers have little to no talent and are liked by teenage girls, who mostly and notoriously have pathetic taste in music to begin with. Miley Cyrus, anyone?
Also, a dictionary definition of the word "mediocre", which in no way states that mediocrity is in the eye of the beholder. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Medioc...
If you think all of the cast are mediocre, then you haven't watched much at all and clearly missed out on quite a bit of the music. Not my favorite song of the bunch, but listen to Rain On My Parade sung by Rachel (Lea Michele). If you can honestly state that she is a mediocre singer...

I can understand if someone doesn't like the show or care for the music, but to say that none of the cast are that great of singers is just wrong.

Come check out any of the music at http://www.igleetunes.com

Since: Jun 09

Monrovia, CA

#27 Jul 20, 2010
XXX wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but the lady who is casted as Rachel in Glee is far from Mediocre. She actually performs on Broadway and her voice is very powerful in many ways.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glee Top 50 (Mar '15) Mar '15 mwk89 1
News "Glee" star Jane Lynch makes guest-appearance o... (Jun '13) Mar '15 BobM 2
News New Fox TV chiefs look for showmen to rescue ne... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Guido 1
News 'Looking' Star RaAol Castillo Reveals What It's... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Belle Sexton 4
News Aglow with Glee: Victoria's Corey Monteith can'... (Dec '14) Dec '14 LELA 1
Poll Glee is a xxxxx Name for a Television Show (Dec '14) Dec '14 Badolfor 1
News Jane Lynch & Wife Finalize Divorce (Oct '14) Oct '14 Baddabing 1
More from around the web