How Glee Is Changing the World, One 1...

How Glee Is Changing the World, One 12 Year-Old at a Time

There are 26 comments on the www.huffingtonpost.com story from May 14, 2010, titled How Glee Is Changing the World, One 12 Year-Old at a Time. In it, www.huffingtonpost.com reports that:

I've been following a couple of stories lately. One is about the Massachusetts Catholic school that recently accepted, then rejected an 8 year-old boy because his parents are lesbians. The other is that juicy media firefight sparked by "Straight Jacket," the Newsweek story questioning why heterosexual actors seem to play gay characters in films and on television, but gay actors can't return the favor . Part of that particular story focuses on the openly gay Broadway actor Jonathan Groff, who plays new heartthrob Jesse St. James on the television show Glee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.huffingtonpost.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Frank Stanton

Saratoga Springs, NY

#1 May 14, 2010
I've never watched Glee because I'm not that type. After reading the article perhaps I'll watch an episode or two.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#2 May 14, 2010
Frank Stanton wrote:
I've never watched Glee because I'm not that type. After reading the article perhaps I'll watch an episode or two.
I didn't think I'd like it either, but now I'm hooked. It's surprisingly well written and acted and while it's built around show tunes and pop songs, it works a lot better than you might imagine...
Bob

Pasadena, CA

#3 May 14, 2010
Frank Stanton wrote:
Check out all the episodes, Frank. Go back to the beginning and watch all of them. They're on Hulu. I'm nearly 70 years old and certainly wish this type of "entertainment" had been available when I was searching and struggling with my personal identity those many decades ago. I know my life would have been easier -- far less bruises, a lot less hurts along the way had there been anything or anyone remotely close to these role models to help me along. Hooray for GLEE! Hooray for the Internet! Hooray for the bold and brave pioneers as well as the silent midwest farmboys(like myself) who clawed and scratched our way and, fleeing to the big city, finally figured it out. We who are the unsung heroes also changed the world, but we did it alone. Lucky kids today.
Frank Stanton

Saratoga Springs, NY

#4 May 14, 2010
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out all the episodes, Frank. Go back to the beginning and watch all of them. They're on Hulu. I'm nearly 70 years old and certainly wish this type of "entertainment" had been available when I was searching and struggling with my personal identity those many decades ago. I know my life would have been easier -- far less bruises, a lot less hurts along the way had there been anything or anyone remotely close to these role models to help me along. Hooray for GLEE! Hooray for the Internet! Hooray for the bold and brave pioneers as well as the silent midwest farmboys(like myself) who clawed and scratched our way and, fleeing to the big city, finally figured it out. We who are the unsung heroes also changed the world, but we did it alone. Lucky kids today.
It's not that. I hate Broadway and show tunes. I'm a blue-collar guy and am bored with that stuff.

As my dear old departed dad used to always say: "If it ain't ANTHRAX or MEGADETH, it sux !"

:)
American

Irvine, CA

#5 May 15, 2010
Yes we need to reject immoral people from working with children and holding positions of responsibility. They are outside of the circle of trust.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#6 May 15, 2010
Frank Stanton wrote:
I felt the same way, but started watching is a couple os weeks ago. It's a good show, in an odd way, and now I'm hooked.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#7 May 15, 2010
American wrote:
Yes we need to reject immoral people from working with children and holding positions of responsibility. They are outside of the circle of trust.
Yes, but it's hard to weed out all the bigots at one time. It's an ongoing process.

Since: Apr 08

Burlington, Canada

#8 May 15, 2010
American wrote:
Why don't you set an example and turn yourself in to the police? Perhaps the other bigots and hatemongers will follow suit.
American

Irvine, CA

#10 May 15, 2010
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you set an example and turn yourself in to the police? Perhaps the other bigots and hatemongers will follow suit.
Since I have committed no crime and am a moral person and no criminal your suggestion makes no sense. Why don't you turn yourself into the police? Perhaps the other immoral people and sex addicts will follow suit.
American

Irvine, CA

#9 May 15, 2010
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but it's hard to weed out all the bigots at one time. It's an ongoing process.
Which is why we have to revoke "Don't ask Don't tell" and start identifying these people and removing them.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#11 May 15, 2010
I am 65, and I have become bored with most of what is on TV. I tend now to watch NatGeo, History, HEC, and TLC. I watched the first episode of Glee, and I was hooked. It is FABULOUS, and I haven't missed an episode since. I guess I am a gay man from the Old School.
Frank Stanton

Saratoga Springs, NY

#12 May 15, 2010
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
I felt the same way, but started watching is a couple os weeks ago. It's a good show, in an odd way, and now I'm hooked.
Hey, remember the tv series "FAME" ? It was SO REALISTIC, they didn't have a single gay character in it at all.
Frank Stanton

Saratoga Springs, NY

#13 May 25, 2010
Well, I'm watching "Glee" right now for the first time and it's GREAT.

The tv series "FAME" should've been this good.

I'm very unhappy that 2 of my FAV 3 shows, Law & Order and FlashForward have been canceled, so I hoe this makes up for it.
Law Abiding Citizen

Downey, CA

#14 Jul 9, 2010
Frank Stanton wrote:
We tried, very hard. Even gave a 2nd episode a chance.

But we don't see it. It's really stupid.

The musical numbers are OK, but everything else is incredibly lame. It's like watching Saturday Night Live, where you have to sit through 2-4 stupid skits, to get to one that is really funny.

Sorry, not worth my time.
Law Abiding Citizen

Downey, CA

#15 Jul 9, 2010
Frank Stanton wrote:
Well, I'm watching "Glee" right now for the first time and it's GREAT.
The tv series "FAME" should've been this good.
I'm very unhappy that 2 of my FAV 3 shows, Law & Order and FlashForward have been canceled, so I hoe this makes up for it.
As soon as they brought on Anthony Anderson, I knew the show was doomed.
XXX

Belle Vernon, PA

#16 Jul 9, 2010
"Glee" sucks. A bunch of teenagers butchering songs originally performed by actual artists? Why should I waste my time?
LOL

Spring, TX

#17 Jul 9, 2010
XXX wrote:
"Glee" sucks. A bunch of teenagers butchering songs originally performed by actual artists? Why should I waste my time?
My spouse insisted on me watching the Glee version of Vogue. It was painful and disturbing to say the least.
XXX

Belle Vernon, PA

#18 Jul 9, 2010
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
My spouse insisted on me watching the Glee version of Vogue. It was painful and disturbing to say the least.
And I thought there was no possible way to make Madonna's music more annoying.
BS Spotter

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Jul 9, 2010
People grow up !

Let me show you why you all are pissing against the wind.

For example: I don't like eating apples. But, because I don't like apples, it does not mean they do not taste good to other people.

Get it?

Geeeee..

If you like the TV series "Glee"....good for you. If you don'....good for you too.
Law Abiding Citizen

Downey, CA

#20 Jul 9, 2010
BS Spotter wrote:
People grow up !
Let me show you why you all are pissing against the wind.
For example: I don't like eating apples. But, because I don't like apples, it does not mean they do not taste good to other people.
Get it?
Geeeee..
If you like the TV series "Glee"....good for you. If you don'....good for you too.
WE need to grow up, yet you're juvenile enough to think it's your place to tell people what to post. Hilarious!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glee Top 50 (Mar '15) Mar '15 mwk89 1
News "Glee" star Jane Lynch makes guest-appearance o... (Jun '13) Mar '15 BobM 2
News New Fox TV chiefs look for showmen to rescue ne... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Guido 1
News 'Looking' Star RaAol Castillo Reveals What It's... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Belle Sexton 4
News Aglow with Glee: Victoria's Corey Monteith can'... (Dec '14) Dec '14 LELA 1
Poll Glee is a xxxxx Name for a Television Show (Dec '14) Dec '14 Badolfor 1
News Jane Lynch & Wife Finalize Divorce (Oct '14) Oct '14 Baddabing 1