'Ghost Whisperer' Producers Clear Up ...

'Ghost Whisperer' Producers Clear Up Rumors, Plus a Preview on...

There are 19 comments on the BuddyTV story from Nov 7, 2008, titled 'Ghost Whisperer' Producers Clear Up Rumors, Plus a Preview on.... In it, BuddyTV reports that:

Friday, November 07, 2008 In September, word spread that fans will be seeing the last of David Conrad is leaving Ghost Whisperer as his character, Jim will be killed off.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BuddyTV.

Celia

Mechanicsville, MD

#1 Nov 8, 2008
I would hate to see him leave. It would ruin the show for me (yes David. You are loved that much!). Please don't turn him into a ghost. I wouldn't want to see a baby either because that would run out of material, but there must be more ideas other than turning Jim (david) into a ghost. BOOOOOOOOOO

“Love me... for me!!”

Since: Oct 08

Portugal

#2 Nov 8, 2008
well... apparently, Jim will be in the show for a few more episodes, as ghost. He refuses to leave Melinda, even though she wants him to crossover.

I think he will be helping her a lot, because he now sees the world through a different perspective.

But I was incredibly shocked to see him die..... But I guess it was to be expected. One of them had to die, and it wasn't Rick Payne, since he no longer represents an important piece of the show...

David Conrad assures he will still be in the show for a while, a different Jim, with some sort of memory loss as a ghost....

It's very, very sad, but we'll have to wait and see the next episodes....

*snif*snif*
Jenny

Sacramento, CA

#3 Nov 8, 2008
I was really saddened in tonights episode at seeing David Conrad as a ghost in the end. I have been watching Ghost Whisperer since the 1st season. Every season there is a well loved character whom either is killed (Melinda's 1st store partner) 1st season:(Professor leaves for Africa) 2nd season and now Jim,(Melinda's husband) dies.
To many changes, this is a TV series not a soap opera.
Good -bye I was enjoying watching Jim and Melinda, but not any longer. Bless you both.
Brian

Annandale, MN

#4 Nov 8, 2008
on the official CBS ghost whisperer blog there are 60+ PAGES of complaints on this...

EVERYONE agrees that the writers are idiots and that Ghost Whisperer as a show is basically over - finished- not worth watching.

http://www.cbs.com/forum/posts/list/855/24104...

“Love me... for me!!”

Portugal

#5 Nov 9, 2008
David will continue in the show......

Apparently, the show will now be exploring more of Melinda's personal life, and the subject of possession is deeply explored. We still don't know if Jim's spirit will possess the body of a guy named Sam, and lose his memory of Jim....

Because David Conrad keeps showing up on the next episodes, and not just as a ghost. I suggest you take a look at the promo photos for episode 4x08, "Heart & Soul".

As you all know, in GW, ghosts never change clothes, and in this episode we see David in other clothes, because apparently he possessed another body and Melinda keeps seeing him as Jim.

Next week's episode, 4x07 "Threshold":
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll150/holl...

And then, the week after, 4x08 "Heart & Soul":

Leets have hope, cause the producers have guaranteed David is not leaving GW....
Maybe, sometimes, Love is indeed stronger than death....
The promo for this season is "Love Transcends Death".....
Disappointed

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Nov 9, 2008
In the world of TV shows they always talk about a show "jumping the shark" when it does something that takes the show in a direction that can't be explained and then the show seems to fail. Think this is the case for this show? I am afraid it might be.:(

“Love me... for me!!”

Portugal

#7 Nov 9, 2008
Again, the directors of the show say it will have a big surprise, one that will satisfy all the viewers....

Unfortunatelly, all we can do is wait and see....

David Conrad has been confirmed for the entire Season 4, so.... be happy for now.:)
maryhh

Cleveland, OH

#8 Nov 11, 2008
you can add me to the list of fans who will stop watching GW/ I don't want to watch a relationship between a Ghost and his wife, there's no future in it for the couple, or any additional interest in it for me. I'm outta here!
Disturbed

Baltimore, MD

#9 Nov 14, 2008
If Jim dies I'm done. Although, the story focuses on Melinda and her gift it was more than that. This show helped me see love, how happy people were who had it, it gave me hope. Now it's like everything else damaged, painful, and it sends a statement that what's good doesn't last. I know some who read this may say that is ridiculous, but when you've lived a life full of hurt, pain, and disappointment such as I, when you look forward to that one thing that doesn't hurt! I'll be glad when my happiness arrives. But if it goes like this what is the point? That show gave me hope, but now even tv is full of reality.
SFRB

Waianae, HI

#10 Nov 14, 2008
i am very disappointed with this show. it was one of my favorites and one of the best aspects was the love relationship between Melinda and Jim. Whoeever decided to have Jim die should be fired. This is the worst thing I've ever seen happen to a show.
fan no more

Phoenix, AZ

#11 Nov 14, 2008
Why did the idiot writers have to mess with the only solid thing on the show. And they keep that Cameron lady who adds nothing to the show? They almost lost me when they killed off Melinda's friend, I gave them another chance and the show was growing on me, now I'm done. It was an unecessary move. There are at least twelve of us at work who watched the show and when we found out, most of us are bailing. Its too many changes to main characters.
fan no more

Phoenix, AZ

#12 Nov 14, 2008
Why did the idiot writers have to mess with the only solid thing on the show. And they keep that Cameron lady who adds nothing to the show? They almost lost me when they killed off Melinda's friend, I gave them another chance and the show was growing on me, now I'm done. It was an unecessary move. There are at least twelve of us at work who watched the show and when we found out, most of us are bailing. Its too many changes to main characters.
are you kidding me 2

Phoenix, AZ

#13 Nov 14, 2008
You would have thought the writers of the show would have consulted with a focus group to see if making another drastic change would affect their fan base. It has. This show has the potential to be good if the writers would leave the main characters alone. There are too many changes, as soon as you start to like a character, they kill her/him off, ship the out of the Country, swap him for an older one, or hire a bland character (Melinda's new partner) who does nothing but voice her doubts. I understand its just TV but this is how shows lose an audience and get canceled.
positivley Zella

Chino, CA

#14 Nov 15, 2008
Disappointed wrote:
In the world of TV shows they always talk about a show "jumping the shark" when it does something that takes the show in a direction that can't be explained and then the show seems to fail. Think this is the case for this show? I am afraid it might be.:(
I love this show and other that explore the realities some of us actually encounter.... This is my favorite because of it's timing on TV, however, while the plot explosion is so premature for me as a fan, I will keep watching in hopes they do not pull a Melrose Place entirly, so I have to turn it off. It amazes me it has been since Melrose Place that I have adored a television program in the heart.
positivley Zella

Chino, CA

#15 Nov 15, 2008
Disturbed wrote:
If Jim dies I'm done. Although, the story focuses on Melinda and her gift it was more than that. This show helped me see love, how happy people were who had it, it gave me hope. Now it's like everything else damaged, painful, and it sends a statement that what's good doesn't last. I know some who read this may say that is ridiculous, but when you've lived a life full of hurt, pain, and disappointment such as I, when you look forward to that one thing that doesn't hurt! I'll be glad when my happiness arrives. But if it goes like this what is the point? That show gave me hope, but now even tv is full of reality.
Ridiculouls... no. However premature, maybe. I totally agree, As a fan, having JIM die was an absolute mistake and whoever approved it must have sabbatage issues in thier cellular system. However, as an evolved holistic pressence, since I relate to your escape in ther relationship story of Melinda and Jim, and the emotions you have experienced in this current challenging lifetime, hang in there with me... If they keep the actor around even if only in Melinda's eyes, hopefully the writers will accurately dipict the reality of soul jumping in human bodies. It is a reality for that to occur. However we can only see the body the soul encounters, we, in this plane see most easily the phisical. what she will be experiencing is perseption based for the viewer I think. The storyline is worth radically opening up those realities if in fact our decision maker is that advanced and the reasoning behind the situation is to raise our consousness as a collective awareness to understanding it IS possible and does occure... AGAIN agreeing, I do not like that you got "all good things come to an end." It does not have to be that way. A couple more seasons with Jim and then tis twist would have extended the longevity of such a ground breaking show the world genuinly needs.
Flowers

Lawrence, MA

#16 Apr 14, 2009
Well, I LOVE GW but I am beginning to lose interest because they keep showing that Kennedy guy more than Jim. It seems that Kennedy and Amanda are the "couple" in the show. Please, I hope this does not continue to happen and I want to see the romance/love between Amanda and Jim.
Disappointed

Clarion, IA

#17 Oct 30, 2009
I have lost interest in watching the show since they had Jim/what's his name combined. I don't think it's a fair way to represent this situation.
I just don't like how you see Jim most of the time, and this other actor in mere glimpses of a mirror or window.
I was upset to see them kill Jim off, but figured I'd give them a chance, but when they had Jim's spirit take over this other body, I just can't watch the show at all anymore. I just feel cheated, and upset by the whole cliche of them having Jim in this other man's body.
Bulldog

United States

#18 Nov 28, 2009
I started watching this show because I think Jennifer Love Hewitt is a hottie. The more I watched the show, the better I liked it. I actually looked forward to watching it every week. Now they come up with the most ridiculous plot contrivance since the imfamous Dallas dream sequence. Dead husband refuses to leave, jumps into a dead body and becomes someone else (who we only glimpse in a token reflection every now and then to remind us what happened), they fall in love, marry, and now there's a baby that's how old? What were the writers smoking when they came up with this idea? They ruined a good show. It has "jumped the shark" and it's done. There is no credibility left.
Mandy

AOL

#19 Nov 28, 2009
I hope David Conrad never leaves Ghost Whisperer. It is such a great show. I love it!

http://thecelebritiezone.blogspot.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ghost Whisperer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tovah Feldshuh Joins Frances Conroy, Patrick He... (Feb '12) Feb '12 susan innes 1
News N.C. actor Christoph Sanders ready to be a "Las... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Emily 1
News TV best bets: Wed., Oct. 12 (Oct '11) Oct '11 Emily 1
News Jennifer Love Hewitt Goes Hip Hop (Oct '11) Oct '11 Emily 3pm 2day 1
News FINALISTS: Danny Pino, Kevin Alejandro, David C... (Jul '11) Jul '11 nbc 1
News Jennifer Love Hewitt will not join 'Law & Order... (Jun '11) Jun '11 manikam 1
News Kennedy likes his comedy off the cuff (Feb '11) Feb '11 4 Emily 1
More from around the web