voice recorder discussion
lonnie king

Tucson, AZ

#1 Nov 18, 2012
i keep hearing all the time about what is the best voice recorder for evps. first of all i have been in the paranormal for over 30 years now. way long before all these tv stars and so forth. since every one has seen taps/ ghost adventures and almost every kind of ghost hunter show on tv every one wants to be a ghost hunter. what you see on tv stays on tv. there is no such thing as what is the best recorder. each recorder works in its own special way. if you go out and buy a very expensive recorder and try to capture evps then good for you, expensive does not guarantee evps. it just means your broke for the time being. me and my team have been using voice recorders that cost under 40 bucks for almost 10 years now.you can capture great evps on much less inexpensive recorders as you can on ones that cost hundreds of dollars. the olympus dp10 and the olympus 702 pc are great recorders that get lots of good evps. and there under 50 dollars. what you see on tv might work for them but almost may not work for you. its a marketing scam. these tv shows will show a close up of the recorder that they use on a episode and you may see it and bam you want it. when these ghost hunters on tv show close ups of there equiptment they want you to see it and go buy it. if they use it on tv they are getting a cut for sponsoring that companys product. recorders like the tscam and all these expensive recorders that you see are no better for evps than a old fashioned tape recorder. the more expensive some thing is the more it will cost you in the long run if it breaks down. i have worked with many tv shows and well reconized tv paranormal groups and i can tell you at first hand everthing is true. on certain episodes we were to get a close up of our emf detectors as well as the recorders to let people at home see the equiptment we use. please be carefull and go with in your budget there are all kinds of scams out there that will make you think because you bought a high end piece of ghost equiptment that will make you a good ghost hunter. to be a good ghost hunter all you need is time and patience and fairly good equiptment thats all. and just because its expensive does not meant that it will work like you saw it on tv. we learn as we get better at what we do a expensive recorder does not make you better just be patient and keep investigating you will get good results and not go broke.

Since: Oct 12

Muscat,Oman

#2 Dec 5, 2012
Yes voice recorder is good no doubt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ghost Hunters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Haunted or possessed items Mar '18 ghostcollector21 1
JHU/CTY: English Spectres (Dialysis) & Library-... Mar '18 Abishai100 1
Missing Episode?? Jan '18 Corey777 1
haunted school (Oct '09) Jan '18 student at hmms 30
The Electromagnetism of Ghost's Existence Jan '18 John 1
Haunted Terminology Dec '17 KKran80 1
Evp software (Sep '17) Sep '17 Frustrated mf 1