'The X Factor' Australia continues ra...

'The X Factor' Australia continues ratings win; Bella Ferraro among standouts

There are 16 comments on the Examiner.com story from Aug 21, 2012, titled 'The X Factor' Australia continues ratings win; Bella Ferraro among standouts. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

"The X Factor" Australia continued its ratings winning streak with the Season 4 premiere episode, which was the highest-rated show of the night when it premiered on Channel 7 on August 20, 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Sandra Paterson

Leichhardt, Australia

#1 Aug 21, 2012
Bella Ferraro's rendition of the song SKINNY LOVE outshone Birdie
Elias

Australia

#2 Aug 21, 2012
Sandra Paterson wrote:
Bella Ferraro's rendition of the song SKINNY LOVE outshone Birdie
I like how these little teen boys and girls sing their little hearts out and then their careers get snuffed out once all the publicity is gone.
Chom

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Aug 21, 2012
I feel sorry for you people. Yea, just like in the US, all of the competitors turn to dust after a maximum of one or two years time.

“Topix is lowlife scum with no”

Since: Jun 12

respect for anyone...

#4 Aug 21, 2012
Seems like Australia's intelligence is failing dismally if that garbage is the highest rating show.
Doesn't say much for the other shows on at the same time either.
Looks like I don't miss anything these days not watching tv.
show us

United States

#5 Aug 21, 2012
_www.nicedaynow.com/news/us-86 470141/2012/08.shtml
Chom

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Aug 21, 2012
I always thought Australia was a beautiful nation. I had the perception that their intelligence was high and that they were totally graceful and sweet. America (in general) is awful right now, thanks to BO. You would not want to even try to carry a conversation with a fan of American Idol. They carry some very rude behavior if you say that you hate that trash.

“Topix is lowlife scum with no”

Since: Jun 12

respect for anyone...

#8 Aug 21, 2012
Chom wrote:
I always thought Australia was a beautiful nation. I had the perception that their intelligence was high and that they were totally graceful and sweet. America (in general) is awful right now, thanks to BO. You would not want to even try to carry a conversation with a fan of American Idol. They carry some very rude behavior if you say that you hate that trash.
Lol, most of us are ok, or 'normal' so to speak.
The rest watch The X factor :)
Camel

Australia

#9 Aug 21, 2012
_0rion_ wrote:
Seems like Australia's intelligence is failing dismally if that garbage is the highest rating show.
Doesn't say much for the other shows on at the same time either.
Looks like I don't miss anything these days not watching tv.
thats because aussie tv is rubbish, except for underbelly
Elias

Australia

#10 Aug 21, 2012
Camel wrote:
<quoted text>
thats because aussie tv is rubbish, except for underbelly
I used to like the Paul Hogan show and Kingswood country.
Chom

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Aug 21, 2012
I am sure I can handle an Australian better than I can handle most Americans.

I do know that The X Factor and Idol are international franchises. If I am not mistaken, if it weren't for Simon Fuller's idea to spin off American Idol from Pop Idol (which originates from England)...it would be interesting to see how different things would be.
Camel

Australia

#12 Aug 21, 2012
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to like the Paul Hogan show and Kingswood country.
Showing your age there mate
duds

Brunswick, Australia

#13 Aug 22, 2012
great to see all these positive comments on here! probably says more about your own state of mind than where Australian television sits in the scheme of things!
Chom

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Aug 22, 2012
Nations could have continued to create original and fun entertainment to this day. Thanks to the 1996 Telecom Act, signed by Bill Clinton (who was otherwise one of the greatest US presidents), more and more crap appeared.

Not just that, but corporations were given more power to buy stations, have control of what to air, and it's no wonder that trash like this (and Idol) are now popular. I do not think they will go away any time soon.

Back to the subject, if that many blind sheep (cliche) continue to tune in and follow Idol type programming...then there is just going to be a continuation of the same old crap for years to come.
Mary

Toongabbie, Australia

#15 Aug 24, 2012
I'm not a fan of reality tv shows I find them scripted and more so annoying. X factor can have all the ratings but what is really being portrayed? That teenagers should follow their dreams to stardom instead of building a steady foundation for their minds at school and furthering their education. Or for adults to strip down and sing your heart out to the world who will finally (never) understand you. I have to admit the most annoying is when they give a heart felt story of how music saved their life. All in all, tv has gone down hill these past couple of years, mainly so by promoting shows such as "the shire" and "big brother" etc. Honestly smell the roses if that's really what's infront of you.
Chinese Power Ranger

Montenegro

#16 Aug 24, 2012
Mary wrote:
I'm not a fan of reality tv shows I find them scripted and more so annoying. X factor can have all the ratings but what is really being portrayed? That teenagers should follow their dreams to stardom instead of building a steady foundation for their minds at school and furthering their education. Or for adults to strip down and sing your heart out to the world who will finally (never) understand you. I have to admit the most annoying is when they give a heart felt story of how music saved their life. All in all, tv has gone down hill these past couple of years, mainly so by promoting shows such as "the shire" and "big brother" etc. Honestly smell the roses if that's really what's infront of you.
You are so much RIGHT.

JEWS run Media and TV of today is Garbage.
JEWS destroy our Culture.....
Tor

Runcorn, Australia

#17 Aug 29, 2012
Man what a cynical bunch..I agree with "DUDS" comment! Its a show where people pursue their dream of being a pop star... there is some awesome talent on there (some not so great too) yes it is sometimes scripted and the judge's are quite cheesy at times, but it's a show..that is all..stop overthinking it and see the good it has to offer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Game Show Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Steve Harvey Receives Hollywood Walk of Fame Star (May '13) Aug 26 Mark mark 9
News Colbert's shows from Russia are winners for CBS Jul '17 ewwww 1
News Kelly Clarkson had fling with Justin Guarini (Feb '14) Jul '17 American Sows 8
News New 'Family Feud' host Steve Harvey focuses on ... (Sep '10) Jul '17 AmPieJam UncleSam 4
News Could Nikki Sixx be the Third a oeAmerican Idol... Jul '17 sixxes 1
News Scoop: Celebrity Family Feud on Abc - Sunday, J... Jun '17 Roger 1
News Barry Manilow says he kept his sexuality secret... May '17 Village People 80
More from around the web