Mayor Bloomberg calls Rep. Gohmert re...

Mayor Bloomberg calls Rep. Gohmert remarks about Colorado shooting 'nonsensical'

There are 5 comments on the story from Jul 21, 2012, titled Mayor Bloomberg calls Rep. Gohmert remarks about Colorado shooting 'nonsensical'. In it, reports that:

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg called remarks by Texas Republican Rep. Louie Gohmert "one of the more nonsensical things you can say." Gohmert wondered why nobody in the audience at the theater had a gun.

Join the discussion below, or

Since: Apr 12

Willcox, AZ

#1 Jul 21, 2012
Hi, under the conditions, it would have been dangerous for anyone to try and shoot back. He threw smoke containers into the crowd.
Who could see????

Far Rockaway, NY

#2 Jul 21, 2012
This is coming from guy who's banning sodas. The Texas rep is right. Someone with a gun could've stopped this guy. Perhaps there was someone packin but was too much of a coward to do something. My condolences to the families.

Since: Apr 12

Willcox, AZ

#3 Jul 22, 2012
You can't carry a consealed weapon in colorado.

#4 Jul 22, 2012
makes sense, when you need a dang gun theres never one around, they should be doin good for once, its about time, enough people have em, they shouldnt be a menace....that woukld have been more the move, more the heroes storytale.....god, how life would be much simpler and easier at that point, when the shooter is dead before your eyes!!!!
Dizzhonor Doomberg

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Jul 23, 2012
The mayor of NYC is a joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Face the Nation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clearly biased (Jan '17) Jan '17 Chris 1
CBS Catalog of failure (Dec '16) Dec '16 Not my President 1
News Bachmann flip-flops on remark hurricane was sig... (Sep '11) Jun '16 Big Bad John Roberts 2
News Christie Takes a Tougher Tone against Michelle ... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 1
News CBS Stands by Schieffer's SPLC Slur Against Fam... (May '15) Jul '15 Uber-Bro of the U... 2
News It's a wrap for CBS' Bob Schieffer at 'Face the... (May '15) May '15 Novus Ordo Seclorum 9
News CBS' Bob Schieffer is ready for retirement (May '15) May '15 Murphy 1