how to sign a family up for a makeover
Posted in the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Forum
#1 Nov 25, 2007
how do u sign a family up for a makeover
#2 Dec 7, 2007
My sister Laura Majors has probly had the worst misfortunes of anyone I've ever known. About six years ago she was diagnosted with cancer and they removed her voice box. Prior to that her husband had open heart surgery and was put on a waiting list for a tranplant. There is more, both her children were born with asto-geneses imperfecta, not sure if I spelled that right. Her son John has had around sixteen surgeries to replace his shunt. John is now twenty seven and has been doing well with his last shunt since around 1999. Her daughter Nikki has a much milder case and has been more fortunate than John. The thing is now, Laura works two jobs , her second job is a waitress job, and it is amazing how she does this with a very minimal voice. Tuesday she had to go to the doctor because she has been getting tired very quickly lately.The doctor told her he believes that the chemo she took six years ago has weakened her heart. Laura and her husband Bill have always been the ones who have taken in anyone who needed a place to live. I have had to live with them more than once. They need help in the worst way.Please consider them. Thank You.
#3 Dec 14, 2007
How do you sign up for the extreme home makeover? I know a family that is in great need of this> they have no bathroom or running water in their home. Their home looks about to fall in on them.
#4 Feb 7, 2008
Dear extreme makeover my mother has been divorced since I was 14 months old and my sister who has autism she was 26 months old. Our house is soo small that I can hear the tv when its at a normal level from the back of the house so if my mom wants to watch tv after im in bed she has to turn it down so low that she cant hear the words and she is an audiologst and has no hearing loss. my sisters therapy caust an extreme amount of money a year!!! My sister will not sleap if there is any other noise in the house and im scared of sleeping in the basement. We sure could us some help on having a better house that is more sound proof and that has a bigger space!
#5 Nov 15, 2008
(I am in no way associated to the show just someone who wants to help you guys out)
Hey everyone I just wanted to let you know how to sign up someone for a Extreme Makeover....if you need help feel free to email me at [email protected] (I'll try to help as best I can)
I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can.
Anyway....here's how to do it.
Go to this website:
Copy and paste it into the address box at the top of the computer screen.
If you don't know how to copy and paste..here's how to do it.
1. Go to the website address in this post (where I typed the address...it says 'Go to this website).
2. LEFT click and hold your mouse button and drag the mouse from the beginning of the address to the end of the address.
3. Make sure you don't click anywhere else or you'll have to highlight the website again.
4. Then put your mouse pointer over the blue highlighted website and RIGHT click.
5. A box should come up and have a list of things to do...this is where you'll LEFT click the COPY thats in that white box that came up.
6. Now go to your home page in another tab or another window...remember it has to be Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox...just whatever browser you have.
7. Now that your in a new window...go to the address bar up at the top of your window...
it usually starts something like this http://www.
8. Now if there is a website already in that box just click your pointer in there and delete all of it using you DELETE key or BACKSPACE key (on your keyboard)
9. Now that the box is blank go to it RIGHT click in it and that white box should come up again although this time it has the word PASTE in it.
10. Click the PASTE and then either press your ENTER button or click the GO button to the right of the address bar.
11. Now a website that says EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION should have come up and there's a picture of Ty Pennington at the top.
12. You can read the APPLY section but to actually apply a family or yourself go to the RED lettering in the middle of the paragraph it says "Print out our application" and LEFT click on that red lettering and you should get another tab or window that comes up and its an ADOBE READER application.
13. Now that window or tab that just came up it looks a little different than your other web page.....
14. Up in the far LEFT hand corner there is a picture of a little printer. Click that to print out the Application to fill out and send to the address that is posted on the first website you went to with Ty Pennington at the top...or if you can't find that web page
Here's the address to mail your application to:
Mail your application to:
Lock & Key Productions
C/O Family Casting
Los Angeles, CA 90038
After printing it out (I think there is 20 pages so make sure you have enough paper in the printer)
it has everything explained clearly what to do to fill out the application...
GOOD LUCK!!!!....hope this helped the people who might've needed the help.:)
#6 Nov 15, 2008
I guess now that I see it turned the website address that I posted into a link so now that is a lot easier....now all you have to do is to click the link
Here's the link too:
#7 Nov 15, 2008
I posted the link to sign a family up for a Makeover if you want to check it out.
There's also a section in the packet (application) that says if your filling it out for another family...just put as much info as you know...but there are some questions that you probably wouldn't possibly know the answers to..just fill it out as best you can. Good Luck!!:)
Add your comments below
|Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Looks for Anothe... (Apr '11)||May 19||VV Xaba||114|
|Need a home||Mar '16||Samantha||1|
|Need a house please (Jun '15)||Mar '16||Potgieter||5|
|Farina Family On Extreme Makeover Home Edition (Nov '06)||Jun '15||Hore hater||13|
|ABC "Extreme Makeover Team" Working on House in... (Nov '08)||May '15||Anonymous||39|
|Ty Pennington and Amanda Freitag eye Main Stree... (Apr '15)||Apr '15||Anonymous||2|
|Extreme Makeover for the Office?! (Mar '15)||Mar '15||LRB928||1|
Find what you want!
Search Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC