George Clooney gets humanitarian Emmy

George Clooney gets humanitarian Emmy

There are 7 comments on the LA Daily News story from Aug 29, 2010, titled George Clooney gets humanitarian Emmy. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

"Okay don't do that. I think then, maybe I'm sick or something," he joked when the audience gave him a standing ovation after he took the stage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Anamouse

El Segundo, CA

#1 Aug 30, 2010
When I consider at all the unknown people who put their lives on the line in the name of humanity, it sickens me that such a prestigeous award is given to someone who has sacraficed so little to earn it.

He deserves it about as much as Obama deserved his award.

Both cheapen the value of the award, making it little more than a popularity contest instead of a real attempt to recognize people who have given up an easy life so that they could help others.

Is this how the judges "buy a date" with celebrities they would like to meet?

And what do the real hero's get, maybe a few kind words in an obituary? The judges are pukes..

“TheseDays”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#2 Aug 30, 2010
Yes, good mention. But he/they keep on passing out the $$$$ for those not rewarded to really get their work done.
Proud Not Wanna Be

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Aug 30, 2010
What did he do ? Come up with a way to spend Tax Payer Dollars on His Guilt Ridden Complexes. If he was serious about his BS He would give up all his Wealth and live a life of Poverty. SURE ! He probably doesn't spend 10 cents on anything and is tighter than a drum with his money. Aren't all these Intolerant Hollywood Elites. Actors originally and still today from what I see are nothing more than Pimps. Ho's, Gypsies and undesirables.
John

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Aug 30, 2010
Nothing more than Gay Intolerance. This is why Gay's are hated so much. They don't practice what they preach.
Rufus T Firefly

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#5 Aug 30, 2010
Big Freakin' Deal! celebrities are so full of themselves, what other industry has so many award ceremonies for doing something so meaningless?
Ace

Glendale, CA

#6 Aug 31, 2010
I would have given the award to the guy who went into Walmart and smashed all of those televisions.

Bill

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Aug 31, 2010
In the Military thay put a sack on the mattresses and call it a Fart Sack. They should give George Clooney The Fart Sack Award. He looks like one with that Dried out Fart Sack Skin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

ER Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'ER' star faces paternity suit (Jul '07) May '16 George 6
News 'Nobody wants to see anybody age!' George Cloon... (Mar '16) Mar '16 kev 1
News 'Extant' and 'ER' actor Goran Visnjic puts his ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Drash 1
News Natalie Portman Is Snapped With Husband Benjami... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Darrel 1
News Emmys 2011: Julianna Margulies wins lead drama ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Les 1
News "The Good Wife" star Julianna Margulies empathi... (Jul '13) Aug '13 hittonas 10
News 'Jesse Stone' keeps Tom Selleck fueled after 'B... (May '11) Mar '13 Carm 11
More from around the web