TV show searching for home to fix up

There are 6 comments on the Jun 22, 2008, The Times story titled TV show searching for home to fix up. In it, The Times reports that:

"Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," a television show on ABC that airs at 9 p.m. on Sundays, is searching for a home to renovate in central Indiana and a compelling story about the family chosen for the home ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Joe

Brooklyn, NY

#45 Dec 26, 2012
I have a freind that lost his house to sandy stormn he has new born and is a carpenter his house has 4 feet of water go through it . He I's so proud the very next day he started gutting the house he striped it all down to studs and I believe he did it so fast because he was I'n complete shock . And now insurance company and sema are screwing around so much he has been out of his house for a couple of months now ,he went through christmas with no house he has been living upstairs with no heat by himself , his logic I's if I come home from work
and live here I can get more time to work on the house, while his wife and kids stay at her family's , the real speacial part of this I's if you talked to him he would never let you know he I's down , and he would help anybody in a second it's just sad that a hard working good American ,guy still holds that one thing that makes American men the best and that I's pride enough to build a house by himself if he has to do it every night when he gets home from doing the same job at work , I am his best freind and would really like for him to get some help , I will do anything I can to help him even write this letter that he would be against me doing because he I's to proud .please email me at josephsurf2@aol.com if there I's anything we can do to help this man .
baybay

Duluth, GA

#46 Jan 2, 2013
Hi I am from Richmond kentucky, I am needed to get my mom's home fixed up they don't have much money, and everything is falling apart, I would love to see my mom's face when she gets picked for a home makeover.please come to Richmond one day.
tina russo

Edison, NJ

#47 Feb 15, 2013
i lost my house due to sandy in october i have had it real hard now my son who was hit by a car in august and suffers severe head trama and almost died he is only 19 i also lost my full time job and my health insurance we are still diplaced and it is now feburary my daughter has to stay with friends in oceanside ny to go to school because we had to rent a place in wantaugh ny and i can not get her to school from there every day because i also lost my car so my family is split up i really need help and need to get my son back in his home in oceanside ny can some one please help cant wait no more we had almost 7 feet of water in my house it was very scary please help
tina russo

Edison, NJ

#48 Feb 15, 2013
i just wrote about my house and my son my email is trusso516@hotmail.com
Sylvia Klappa

Milwaukee, WI

#50 Dec 18, 2013
Need help rebuilding home after fire
Hello! My name is Wanda and I am a single mom of 2 amazing and wonderful kids. 2013 has not been kind to us at all. Several years ago I was diagnosed with systemic lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, vasculitis and hypogammaglobulinema. I have also suffered several strokes. This year I have been hospitalized several times and will be on chemotherapy for the rest of my life on earth. In October we had a devastating house fire and we lost everything. Everything I worked so hard for. My whole life gone in a blink of an eye. My insurance company is not paying for the rebuild of our home. I am very sick and all I want is to go home. I love and miss my home. I have worked full-time since I was 15 years old, most of the time working 2 jobs. At this time my doctor will not release me to go back to work so there is no way I can rebuild my house on my own. I am asking for anyone who can help get our house rebuilt to please help us. My poor kids have been to hell and back and all they want is to go home just like I do. Thank you for reading my wish and I hope someone out there can help be our hero because we need a hero now more than ever. Thank you for your time and consideration.
donna

Phoenix, AZ

#51 Jan 5, 2014
we watch your show and we just love how big your Hearts are for helping people... my story is not for me but for my son. a few years ago he bought this 3 bedroom trailer, it was a fixer upper, well he has had a lot of ups & downs. more down than ups!! he works out of town a lot and just dot have the time or money to get his place fixed up.. well now we are really pushing for time to get his place fixed up. he has a son that he has now got custody of and we are trying to get his place fixed up for his son.. we live in AZ and him in Montana.. I know you get millions of letters, but if you could find it in your hearts to help out this family this Grandmother of 10 would be thankful to you & your show.. have a blessed day...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emmy Awards Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News African-American Women in Santa Barbara County ... 1 hr SadButTrue 3
News "Duck Dynasty" family debuts musical in Las Vegas Apr 18 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) Apr 17 Special Dark 786
News 'Dr. Oz' to spread story about effort to raise ... Apr 16 HELL ON EARTH 2
News 5 things you need to know this weekend Apr 12 Elise Gingerich 1
News KOB-TV Announces New Chief Meteorologist (Dec '08) Apr 9 Herman 107
News Elliott Davis (Oct '09) Apr 6 Gail edwards 29
More from around the web