The comedian cries over dogs. Writers...

The comedian cries over dogs. Writers? Not so much.

There are 9 comments on the Express story from Nov 9, 2007, titled The comedian cries over dogs. Writers? Not so much.. In it, Express reports that:

“Anyway, to clear up the burning question on everyone's minds: What was my first joke on TV, as spoken by Ellen herself?”

MAYBE IF SHE HAD A WRITER NAMED IGGY? While stars like David Duchovny and Robin Williams are standing strong with the Writers Guild of America , it's a different story for Ellen DeGeneres . via Express

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Express.

bigron

United States

#1 Nov 10, 2007
Ellen worries about Ellen. Boo Hoo The heck with the writers-Lets talk about me-It almost sounds like Rosy. ME ME ME
grandma

Anderson, IN

#2 Nov 10, 2007
bigron wrote:
Ellen worries about Ellen. Boo Hoo The heck with the writers-Lets talk about me-It almost sounds like Rosy. ME ME ME
Why do the comedians need writers , don't they come up with their own lines? The same with the talk hosts. Why do they need writers? Can't they just talk without someone putting the words in their mouths? If they need writers then they should not be on TV because then anyone could be on TV if they had a writer.
kelly

Accord, NY

#3 Nov 14, 2007
she is concerned about her writers but she loves her FANS more
kelly

Accord, NY

#4 Nov 14, 2007
sooooo there!!!!!!!!!!
kelly

Accord, NY

#5 Nov 14, 2007
the writers do deserve just as much as the actors i do believe that 100% BUT stop coming down on ELLEN
kelly

Accord, NY

#6 Nov 14, 2007
Ellen is so talented within herself but the writers do add to the humor already there. I could have the best writers in the world and i still could not like ellen
kelly

Accord, NY

#7 Nov 14, 2007
i mean act like ellen i just adore her
Ezekiel 1_4

United States

#8 Nov 14, 2007
grandma wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do the comedians need writers , don't they come up with their own lines? The same with the talk hosts. Why do they need writers? Can't they just talk without someone putting the words in their mouths? If they need writers then they should not be on TV because then anyone could be on TV if they had a writer.
It takes a long time to pull together a polished standup act. Imagine doing that five times a week.
That's why they have writers.
gee

United States

#9 Dec 31, 2010
Ellen iz awsm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ellen uses 'Finding Dory' plot to criticize Tru... Feb 1 Pushy and Shrill 1
News This gay Iraqi army couple's love story on The ... Jan 31 Phyllis Schlafly ... 1
News Kim Burrell Now Loses Radio Show Over Anti-Gay ... Jan '17 LOCK 38
News 'Real Housewives of ISIS' sketch causes outrage Jan '17 Christsharia sLaw 1
News Mariah Carey to Ellen on Split from James Packe... Nov '16 Run Dude RUN 1
News Justin Timberlake Spoofs "Doctor Strange" with ... Nov '16 andet1987 2
News Ellen DeGeneres admits to 'anger and depression... (Jul '16) Oct '16 Miley Cyrus 4
More from around the web