JC Penney stands by Ellen DeGeneres

Feb 3, 2012 Full story: 24 Hours 10

J.C. Penney Co Inc said on Friday said it fully backs its partnership with chat show host Ellen DeGeneres after a conservative group urged the retailer to reconsider hiring DeGeneres as a spokeswoman because she is a lesbian.

Full Story
shari c

Buffalo, NY

#1 Feb 4, 2012
HURRAY for J.C. Penney standing strong to keep Ellen DeGeneres......Shes an awesome person and t.v. talk show host....I love watching her show. Does it really matter what her sexual orientation is ????What does that have to do with her being a spokesperson for JC Penney,Covergirl or any other store, magazine, People need to worry about more important things...I LOVE YOUR SHOW ELLEN AND EVERYTHING YOU DO ON THEIR FOR THE AUDIENCES....KEEP IT UP
Lonewolf

Batesburg, SC

#2 Feb 4, 2012
They can have ellen degenerate,hope she can save their failing business.
Truth

Bronx, NY

#3 Feb 26, 2012
Big disappointment. It would be different if she just shopped there. Then no big deal. I could still shop there. But to hire her to "represent" the entire JC Penney store? Very bad idea. They have shut out the traditional, conservative buyers. They should have figured something else out and stayed neutral. Then both groups could shop there without angst.
Anonymous

Dallas, TX

#4 May 24, 2012
I hope they do hire Ellen she is perfect for it.
Resist Ignorance

Knoxville, TN

#5 May 24, 2012
I used to buy a few clothes there but now I will buy ALL of my clothes there.

Go Ellen and JCP!
Katy

Euless, TX

#6 May 24, 2012
I no longer shop at JCP since they hired that low-life lezbo to be their spokesdyke, they will soon join the retailer boneyard just like Montgomery Wards and Circuit City and it serves them right for promoting perverse deviancy!!!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#7 May 24, 2012
Oh well, Katy, too bad for YOU. Find the nearest walmart instead. What JC Penney's did was GREAT!
BISCUIT272

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 May 25, 2012
It's so sad that people are so small minded that they won't shop at a place that has a lesbian spokes woman. Do you know how many gay people are out there? They are gay people handling your groceriee, your mail, you might even have a gay doctor or nurse if you are in the hospital. You can believe what ever you want when it somes to homosexuality and religion it doesn't mean you have to be so intolerant.
BISCUIT272

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 May 25, 2012
Oh and it's not the lesbian spoke's woman bringing the store down, it's the person who decided to not have sales and coupons.
walker

Escondido, CA

#10 May 31, 2012
BISCUIT272 wrote:
Oh and it's not the lesbian spoke's woman bringing the store down, it's the person who decided to not have sales and coupons.
As well as the loss of quality they were formerly known for :o(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pharrell Williams Receives Hollywood Walk of Fa... Dec 6 eric wilkie 1
12 News launches "EVB Live" (Aug '11) Aug '14 The Phoenician 43
L Word, Housewives honored at GLAAD awards (Apr '09) Jun '14 tweedledick 5
Wounded Warrior Gets Big Surprise on "Ellen" (May '14) May '14 Paul 1
Ellen DeGeneres afraid Portia de Rossi might le... (Aug '06) Mar '14 oldbutcute 87
Ellen DeGeneres's Epic Oscar Selfie Becomes Mos... (Mar '14) Mar '14 TonyT1961 24
Ellen Gives Oscars Pizza Deliveryman Huge Tip (Mar '14) Mar '14 Caviar 1
More from around the web