Waterboarding did not lead to bin Lad...

Waterboarding did not lead to bin Laden: Obama advisor

There are 324 comments on the www.rawstory.com story from May 3, 2011, titled Waterboarding did not lead to bin Laden: Obama advisor. In it, www.rawstory.com reports that:

White House deputy national security advisor John Brennan Tuesday knocked down the myth that waterboarding provided crucial intelligence that led to the location of Osama bin Laden.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.rawstory.com.

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
USA

United States

#4 May 3, 2011
the 911 mastermind gave up the name and location of bin ladens courier after waterboarding at gitanimo bay prison...those are the facts...and they are undisputable per the current adminstration...kudos to bush for laying the groundwork and barak for pulling the trigger...and the greatest military men and women in the world

Since: May 09

california

#5 May 3, 2011
OMG< now I know what is going to happen the next time I get stopped by the police, like tazers was not enough..
animals get treated better.

http://bit.ly/gbOZnb
so funny this mother and her 10 babies..
Al Sharpton

Tampa, FL

#6 May 3, 2011
more oral DIARRHEA from iria!!!

where the hell did iria find this latest liberetard-democrap hatesite from ... rawstorylies.com ?

iria really has to scrape the bottom of the sewer for this crap!!!

even the Whitehouse has admitted that Bush's waterboarding led to the location of obama ... so osama could order brave young Americans to blow him away!!!

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#7 May 3, 2011
As usual the right-wingers are always in search of the simplistic when it is the complicate nuances that explain the details.
The same people that will reject the fact that torture had nothing to do with what led to President Obama ordering the successful operation that killed Bin Laden are the same people that doubt Bin Laden is dead in the first place… or that Obama’s birth certificate is real.

President Obama was gracious enough to invite that idiot Bush to join him at Ground Zero this Thursday because Obama is secure in his strength of leadership… and Bush declined because he knew how weak and pathetic he would look standing next to a real leader that just killed the Osama Bin Laden.

President Obama will go down as the Commander-in-Chief that single handedly got Bin Laden.
iron

Mount Morris, MI

#9 May 3, 2011
america must be destroyed.this would be the main mission of muslim.it is true that america must be destroyed.
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#10 May 3, 2011
Bush would have been smarter than to order the murder of an unarmed man.

Think of how safe a helicopter hanging a live bin Laden from its belly would be in attacking terrorist strongholds. Hell... with a live bin Laden hanging from one, you could have dozens hanging sacks of potatoes and claiming they were bin Laden... they'd all be safe.

When those scenarios got old, you could tell al Qaeda you were dismembering the ass-wipe one finger and toe and groin part at at time and that they were welcome to bid on getting their guy back piece by piece.

There are so many special ways you could use a live bin Laden to get the murderers say of Daniel Pearl to give themselves up. This way there's no real closure.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#11 May 3, 2011
He lies. Waterboarding is where they got the info.
They got the nickname of a courier that panned out. That's how he was found. They have known where he was for a long time now.
GI Joe

United States

#12 May 3, 2011
left wing lib dumbocrats are all fkd up..they cheer bin ladens assassination but dont want to believe that the waterboarding of the 911 mastermind directly led to his whereabouts...bahahahah
x-nutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#13 May 3, 2011
This is going to be a major part of the rhetoric spewing forth from the take down of Obama.

I welcome it.

I'm a conservative but I praise Obama for his decisions on this event.

Wanting proof of Osama's demise by saying SoF insertion over bombs and obviously not wanting OBL to get to GITMO.

However the original intel came under the Bush Era interrogation methods . Whether it was waterboarding , sleep depredation , uncomfortable postion or loud noise who cares ?

It was done using coercive techniques in an RENDITION location.

Also if Bush would of had OBL taken out by tap..tap the Lefties would be screaming War Crimes.

Some lefties are complaining that Obama didn't use the Law N' Order ( John Edwards ) hype to bring him back while the Right is defending Obama's tap..tap solution.
CT Democrat

United States

#14 May 3, 2011
Like it or not...Waterboarding, Wire Taps, Invading Countries and ignoring international law... all led to the killing of bin Laden...Congratulations to President BO
Knox

United States

#15 May 3, 2011

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

#16 May 3, 2011
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
As usual the right-wingers are always in search of the simplistic when it is the complicate nuances that explain the details.
The same people that will reject the fact that torture had nothing to do with what led to President Obama ordering the successful operation that killed Bin Laden are the same people that doubt Bin Laden is dead in the first place… or that Obama’s birth certificate is real.
President Obama was gracious enough to invite that idiot Bush to join him at Ground Zero this Thursday because Obama is secure in his strength of leadership… and Bush declined because he knew how weak and pathetic he would look standing next to a real leader that just killed the Osama Bin Laden.
President Obama will go down as the Commander-in-Chief that single handedly got Bin Laden.
"President Obama will go down as the Commander-in-Chief that single handedly got Bin Laden."

Not according to the rest of the world, fruitcake.
Don't forget who got the policies going towards this action, who organized the FBI, CIA, Pentagon and Secret Service to work under Homeland Security. Don't forget who created Homeland Security.
(Hint: It wasn't Obama!)

In such a short notice, we're sure Bush had reasons he couldn't make to ground zero. But since he's been there three times and nobama hasn't been there once, obama will have to make it up.
Sheesh, your a moron!
Zombie Corpse Rental

San Jose, CA

#17 May 3, 2011
Actually, he was waterboarded for years and didn't give up the info until the sat him down and talked to him in a normal back-and-forth interrogation.

The neocon troglodytes like to think that terror, pain and force works but, like Bin Laden found out, it only leads to failure.

Sorry guys. You'll just have to face the facts. Your leather fantasies belong in the gutter along with your failed Bush Presidencies.
crayzz ox3thongee

Scottsdale, AZ

#18 May 3, 2011
Al Sharpton wrote:
more oral DIARRHEA from iria!!!
where the hell did iria find this latest liberetard-democrap hatesite from ... rawstorylies.com ?
iria really has to scrape the bottom of the sewer for this crap!!!
even the Whitehouse has admitted that Bush's waterboarding led to the location of obama ... so osama could order brave young Americans to blow him away!!!
not! it's raw or roth ira? how is yo raw n fresh ira! ;-0000
Ex-GOP Con

United States

#19 May 3, 2011
lol...the right truly IS becoming deranged! I have never seen a group so in denial of facts.

sane person: "President Obama told me the world was round."

GOP/TEA Birther McCarthyist: "eh? President Obama said that??? no. no...no..it's it's....it's not round. it's flat. No. NO. NOOOOOO. IT'S NOT ROUND!. IT. IS. FLAT. IT IS FLAT. it is flat......"

==========
The right IS becoming deranged.
==========

“Obama: Leading us to failure”

Since: Jul 09

The United States of America

#20 May 3, 2011
UNARMED Bin Ladin Shot in the head. I wonder in keeping with the Libtard tradition, they call for Obama to tried as a war criminal???
x-nutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#21 May 3, 2011
Zombie Corpse Rental wrote:
Actually, he was waterboarded for years and didn't give up the info until the sat him down and talked to him in a normal back-and-forth interrogation.
The neocon troglodytes like to think that terror, pain and force works but, like Bin Laden found out, it only leads to failure.
Sorry guys. You'll just have to face the facts. Your leather fantasies belong in the gutter along with your failed Bush Presidencies.
Duh !

I'm impressedd since many viable sources say you are wrong.

But as a LEFTY you have to follow your HANDLERS instructions and lie. Reportedly he sang like a canary after waterboarding and that's good enough for me and I don't have a HANDLER to brainwash me otherwise.
Crooked Kenyan Cockroach

San Jose, CA

#22 May 3, 2011
Zombie Corpse Rental wrote:
Actually, he was waterboarded for years and didn't give up the info until the sat him down and talked to him in a normal back-and-forth interrogation.
ROFLMAO!

Right, he didn't talk until they offered him a piece of candy.

Do you really think that thost terrorist fcukers are as stupid as Obama voters?
Ex-GOP Con

United States

#23 May 3, 2011
Wow...the terrorist sympathizers are coming out in full force.

I say we ship you Anti-American unPatriotic birthers to Afghanisan but you would probably end up enlisting with the Taliban.

==========
The right IS becoming deranged.
==========
Capt America wrote:
UNARMED Bin Ladin Shot in the head. I wonder in keeping with the Libtard tradition, they call for Obama to tried as a war criminal???
Zombie Corpse Rental

San Jose, CA

#24 May 3, 2011
If this is the brain trust of the GOP they're screwed.

Who would have imagined that so many so-called 'patriots' would hate the President for taking out Bin Laden?

Sad, sad days for the conservatives.

On the bright side, Trump won't be running in 2012!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why TV is obsessed with the JonBenet Ramsey mur... 1 hr I_Can_Be_Civil_So... 6
News 'DWTS'; Ann Coulter roasted; 'Zombieland 2'; Go... 7 hr K-DJ 1
News Nashville Notes: NFL Unveils Carrie Underwood's... 7 hr K-DJ 2
News Michelle Obama Calls for More Diversity in Ente... Tue AAM2000 28
News 'The Young and the Restless' Alert: Jill Farren... Aug 28 Lou 1
News Police: Student Fatally Stabbed In 'Large Fight... Aug 28 BLdontM 1
News Vanceboro family featured on 'Wife Swap' (Mar '09) Aug 27 FFS People 17
More from around the web