'Scandal' Exploits Black Women's Images? Also, is Happy Endings a postracial show?

Oct 15, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: OhNoTheyDidnt

This TV season's stereotypes are "masquerading as something new," says media insider Tom Burrell.

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Feb 16, 2013

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

And don't they have some nice images?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mazm7umq7n1...
Sadbuttrue

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Kerry Washington is stunning, not sure on her role in Scandle!

She remainds me of one of my GF who married a White man last year that's featured on Facebook!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Sadbuttrue wrote:
Kerry Washington is stunning, not sure on her role in Scandle!
She remainds me of one of my GF who married a White man last year that's featured on Facebook!
Oh shutup SBT...

“I'm a proud grandma”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

"Scandal" would be much better if she would stop playing the role of the President's side piece.

He straight up told her on the Valentine's Day episode that they don't stand a chance together, and he was only in it for his "erections". The scene was just plain nasty, and low class at a baby's christening.

Really getting busy all up in the church? SMDH.

They had her break up with the nice, distinguished looking Black politician, who gave her a ring and all. But she still sits and waits for "Fitz" to leave his wife for her.

If they don't change this script, Scandal on the way to be the TV version of Monster's Ball.
holycrap

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

I love the show. I don't think she cares about him leaving his wife. I truly don't think her character gives a shid about all of that. Her character is simply Scandalous as the name Scandal suggests.

As far as the big, goofy "black" man. Please. He's simply trying to get on himself. He's not thinking about her either.

“I'm a proud grandma”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

holycrap wrote:
I love the show. I don't think she cares about him leaving his wife. I truly don't think her character gives a shid about all of that. Her character is simply Scandalous as the name Scandal suggests.
As far as the big, goofy "black" man. Please. He's simply trying to get on himself. He's not thinking about her either.
Then why did they have her looking so sad, when Fitz told her she was just a c@mbucket, for lack of a better word? And letting him have a piece in the church and all? She is starting to look cheap in my view.

And the new white guy seems deranged having her place under surveillance, and setting up the former US attorney. I guess he has some "fixing" to do too!
holycrap

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Ms Mack wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did they have her looking so sad, when Fitz told her she was just a c@mbucket,
He didn't say that and I don't recall her looking sad. Although I would have loved for her to have laughed in his face and told him she didn't give a shid about how he viewed her.
Ms Mack wrote:
<quoted text> for lack of a better word? And letting him have a piece in the church and all? She is starting to look cheap in my view.
And the new white guy seems deranged having her place under surveillance, and setting up the former US attorney. I guess he has some "fixing" to do too!
Don't forget dear..it is a tv show. It's called Scandal for a reason.

Hopefully they do get away from all the sex though.

“I'm a proud grandma”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

holycrap wrote:
<quoted text> He didn't say that and I don't recall her looking sad. Although I would have loved for her to have laughed in his face and told him she didn't give a shid about how he viewed her.
<quoted text>Don't forget dear..it is a tv show. It's called Scandal for a reason.
Hopefully they do get away from all the sex though.
I was wondering, do you watch "Deception" with Meagan Good?
holycrap

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Ms Mack wrote:
<quoted text>
I was wondering, do you watch "Deception" with Meagan Good?
Never heard of it. I will look for it and check it out.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Scandal is pretty good..started watching it on Netflix.

I especially like how it has lots of black characters without being a "black" show (it is just a good popcorn show).

Some of the sub-plots are bit stupid and unnecessary(e.g. the Chief of Staff being an out homosexual in a relationship with a white house press secretary), but overall its well done and Kerry Washington looks like a dime, as always.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••