The Importance of Positive Portrayals...

The Importance of Positive Portrayals of Black Female Doctors

There are 5 comments on the The Atlantic story from Apr 1, 2013, titled The Importance of Positive Portrayals of Black Female Doctors. In it, The Atlantic reports that:

Bravo's newest reality series uniquely focuses on African American women in medicine, but many see it as the opposite of "empowerment." In the United States, less than four percent of practicing physicians are African American.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Atlantic.

fnord

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Apr 3, 2013
Who in their right mind, would let a kneegrow pretend doctor with an Affirmative Action medical certificate come anywhere near them?
Anonymous

Payson, AZ

#2 Apr 3, 2013
Advertising shows Whites in demeaning positions when
Blacks involved in TV promotions. Totally unrealistic.
Visit Stormfront for thread on this subject.
Masud_S_Hoghughi __

London, UK

#3 Apr 3, 2013
.......I'd b like - git yo blak hands offa me befo I cutz dem off u blak mutha ph**ka!.........

.......gnomesayin..........
Masud_S_Hoghughi __

London, UK

#4 Apr 3, 2013
if this really waz reality they'd b showing negrows in their true light.........

lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Apr 3, 2013
If they made it through the rigors and years of medical school and obtained their medical degree/license then I don't care what race/color a Doctor is when i'm sick or bleeding in the hospital.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Megan Fox, Vampire Slayer? (Jun '09) 48 min IAmMe 10
News Dolly Parton's family life subject of TV movie 5 hr Bloated Culture 2
News NBC has teens watch kids to see if they rattle (Jun '08) Sun Victoria Dawn Jus... 8
News Sexy shows have consequences (Mar '09) Aug 1 Victoria Dawn Jus... 2
News Randy Jernigan Releases the Life and Career of ... Jul 31 DanBates 1
News Sara Rue To Co-Star In TV Land Comedy Pilot 'Im... Jul 31 follow the money 2
News Questions Follow Miracle Birth of Octuplets (Feb '09) Jul 30 Litter farts 24
More from around the web