Audits of businesses for illegal immigrants rising

Dec 23, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WHBF-TV Rock Island

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement reached its highest number yet of companies audited for illegal immigrants on their payrolls this past fiscal year.

Comments
1 - 20 of 41 Comments Last updated Jan 27, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
El Cid

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Social Security sends what are called no match letters to an employer when they find a worker is using a SS# that does not belong to them or something along those lines. The company generally has 30 to 90 days to get with the employee and back to Social Security to clear things up. Many companies simply roll the dice and do nothing because they know they hire illegal aliens and it may take months or even years before ICE comes to audit them.
A company that hires an illegal and pays under the table without any papers is harder to catch and ICE has to have someone report the crime before the crime can be investigated. This happens alot more than actual audits tipped of by Social Security.
The government should seize all business and personal assets fo any company that knowingly hires illegal aliens and that would be a stronger message than some minor fine.
Magadala

Gig Harbor, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

The audits "don't make any sense before a legalization program," said Daniel Costa, an immigration policy analyst at the Economic Policy Institute, a Washington, D.C., think tank. "You're leaving the whole thing up to an employer's eyesight and subjective judgment, that's the failure of the law.

"...before a legalization program? They truly think that we are going to give them full amnesty!

If you looked at employment verification from an American citizen POV, it's a no bainer. The only time it get complicated is if you are pro illegal alien...ducking and dodging our laws in order to get what you want from the system illgally.
Right On

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Magadala wrote:
The audits "don't make any sense before a legalization program," said Daniel Costa, an immigration policy analyst at the Economic Policy Institute, a Washington, D.C., think tank. "You're leaving the whole thing up to an employer's eyesight and subjective judgment, that's the failure of the law.
"...before a legalization program? They truly think that we are going to give them full amnesty!
If you looked at employment verification from an American citizen POV, it's a no bainer. The only time it get complicated is if you are pro illegal alien...ducking and dodging our laws in order to get what you want from the system illgally.
You make way too much sense. I agree!
river

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

I see a lot people full of hate against the undocumented people. Just think a little why you would go to another country to suffer. And take a lot of. Hateful shit. Not because you want to thats for sure. So please. Be respectful and don't call this people illegals. Dont call people what you. Or. Your family. Don't. Like to called
ima

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

river wrote:
I see a lot people full of hate against the undocumented people. Just think a little why you would go to another country to suffer. And take a lot of. Hateful shit. Not because you want to thats for sure. So please. Be respectful and don't call this people illegals. Dont call people what you. Or. Your family. Don't. Like to called
it is not a bad word, it describes what they make themselves to be when they laugh as they trespass our borders INTENTIONALLY. They are criminals invading our country without proper documentation. Mexico doesn't put up with this kind of invasion and intrusion from countries around them, WHY SHOULD WE? and from what I understand Mexico treats their ILLEGAL aliens NOT TOO GOOD.
Juan

Pearland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

El Cid wrote:
Social Security sends what are called no match letters to an employer when they find a worker is using a SS# that does not belong to them or something along those lines. The company generally has 30 to 90 days to get with the employee and back to Social Security to clear things up. Many companies simply roll the dice and do nothing because they know they hire illegal aliens and it may take months or even years before ICE comes to audit them.
A company that hires an illegal and pays under the table without any papers is harder to catch and ICE has to have someone report the crime before the crime can be investigated. This happens alot more than actual audits tipped of by Social Security.
The government should seize all business and personal assets fo any company that knowingly hires illegal aliens and that would be a stronger message than some minor fine.
The employees I know just ignore the letter. My boss takes care of those kind of things.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
The employees I know just ignore the letter. My boss takes care of those kind of things.
I will see to it that your employer doesn't ignore the next one. Thanks for the heads up.
Juan

Pearland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

Good Luck..........got toget up early for work in the morning, I don't get the long Christmas vacation.
ronnie

American Fork, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

Juan wrote:
Good Luck..........got toget up early for work in the morning, I don't get the long Christmas vacation.
I do not believe very much you say. Construction has bee crap for 4 year's. Your employer is an illegal alien too. People are wising up about hiring illegals and paying them under the table. The time is almost over for you. Even if you work I don't believe it's much. I know roofers and other illegal construction workers that are having a hell of time. Many have left the Country. So Juan. Please don't BS us.

Since: Jan 12

Granbury, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

river wrote:
Me and my family are not illegal criminals! So we'll never have to worry about, also only an illegal would want the word dropped in hopes of somehow legitimizing their being here as criminals !nice use of quotations too.
Magadala

Gig Harbor, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

river wrote:
P.S., and don't put you or your family in circumstances where they would justifiably be called names unpleasant to you. AT WHAT POINT DO YOU ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS? ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR PUTTING YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN IN THESE CIRCUMSTANCES...NOT US, WE DIDN'T INVITE YOU HERE!!!
Magadala

Gig Harbor, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

ronnie wrote:
<quoted text>I do not believe very much you say. Construction has bee crap for 4 year's. Your employer is an illegal alien too. People are wising up about hiring illegals and paying them under the table. The time is almost over for you. Even if you work I don't believe it's much. I know roofers and other illegal construction workers that are having a hell of time. Many have left the Country. So Juan. Please don't BS us.
Aw, don't pay any attention to this troll. He is a overweight 40 yr old still living in his mom's basement!
El Cid

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
Tick tock.
Juan

Pearland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

ronnie wrote:
<quoted text>I do not believe very much you say. Construction has bee crap for 4 year's. Your employer is an illegal alien too. People are wising up about hiring illegals and paying them under the table. The time is almost over for you. Even if you work I don't believe it's much. I know roofers and other illegal construction workers that are having a hell of time. Many have left the Country. So Juan. Please don't BS us.
Actually I make $14 an hour wiring new homes in the Houston Area. The housing industry has not slowed down at all here. Hundreds of new homes going up on Pearland Parkway, near the University of Houston Clear Lake Campus. Check it out. I been doing this on a 12 man crew for over 15 years, my boss has tried to hire citizens, they want too much pay and long breaks. Many miss work on Fridays and Mondays.
Juan

Pearland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Tick tock.
Still Waiting..........
juan is a la ratza shill

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

ronnie wrote:
Ronnie...juan is writer of pure fiction. Don't believe "anything" he says. His boss the supposed master electrician doesn't show up in any license database in TX. His "informal" company would have to be registered to legally perform work that must be inspected and approved and isn't. He is a nothing more than a stupid troll in to stir up trouble and spout the la ratza party line. Remember 15 years and he still has to have work checked and approved by his boss. If he really was doing what he says he has he'd be behind bars after all the reports that have been made with all the evidence that remains on topix of his illegal activities. He doesn't fear anything because he's just a stupid troll and isn't what he says he is. Ignore the idiot.$14 an hour after all this time? lmfao...
Paul

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
Still Waiting..........
Hold your breath please?
Juan

Pearland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Off today, will work tomorrow, off Tuesday. Will party on New Year's Eve.
marcus

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

As they should!
Juan

Pearland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

I hope everyone has a successful 2013 and are more tolerant of the poor undocumented who come to this country for a better life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••