US postal stamp to honor TV show 'Dra...

US postal stamp to honor TV show 'Dragnet'

There are 3 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Aug 10, 2009, titled US postal stamp to honor TV show 'Dragnet'. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

Jack Webb, left, was Sgt. Joe Friday and Harry Morgan starred as Officer Bill Gannon in the popular 1950's TV series "Dragnet." A stamp commemorating the 1950s TV show "Dragnet," which dramatized the Los Angeles Police Department, will be issued Tuesday during a ceremony at the LAPD Academy in Elysian park.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

april haury

Dumont, NJ

#1 Aug 22, 2009
I am very glad to see that these stamps of the older tv shows are comming out. i am 27 yrs. old and was raised these wonderful shows. Thanks for remembering them as I do.
QUENTIN TARINTINO SKS DCK

Nanticoke, PA

#2 Aug 22, 2009
the 1960s hippie dragnet shows were the best...damn rotten hippies commiting crimes, and before charlie manson, too.

Since: Jun 09

Scrotum, Idaho

#3 Aug 22, 2009
Actually, Harry Morgan starred in the 1960's version of "Dragnet" - not the 1950's version.

I'm sure this little pearl of information will be invaluable to many.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dragnet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dart, Robbins in power struggle over village PD... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Dude 5
News 'M-A-S-H' star Harry Morgan dies at age 96 (Dec '11) Aug '13 Will Dockery 7
News Wry Colonel Amid 'M*A*S*H' Mischief (Dec '11) Dec '11 frank d 1
News Dan Walters: Viral e-mail on illegal immigratio... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Sanity Now 8
News City police: Thank God ita s Friday (Mar '09) Mar '09 Don Juan 1
More from around the web