Actor Neil Patrick Harris Says He Is ...

Actor Neil Patrick Harris Says He Is Gay: SouthFlorida.com

There are 36 comments on the SouthFlorida.com story from Nov 4, 2006, titled Actor Neil Patrick Harris Says He Is Gay: SouthFlorida.com. In it, SouthFlorida.com reports that:

Neil Patrick Harris is gay and wants to quell any rumors to the contrary. " am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest," Harris tells People magazine's Web site.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SouthFlorida.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CCS

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Nov 4, 2006
So what?
woody hayes

San Antonio, TX

#2 Nov 4, 2006
yeah, what he said.
THEAprof

Plainfield, IL

#3 Nov 4, 2006
Well, I think it is a positive sign for our culture that more young actors are voluntarily coming out. It shows that they believe being openly gay won't hurt their careers.
King James

Delray Beach, FL

#4 Nov 4, 2006
Why is this news?
patrickfll

Boynton Beach, FL

#5 Nov 4, 2006
I do not care either way...
woody hayes

San Antonio, TX

#6 Nov 4, 2006
THEAprof wrote:
Well, I think it is a positive sign for our culture that more young actors are voluntarily coming out. It shows that they believe being openly gay won't hurt their careers.
no. the point is: what is it any of my business what he chooses to do in the privacy of his bedroom?
JoOO

Springfield, MA

#7 Nov 4, 2006
should be no big deal...
RAIN

United States

#8 Nov 4, 2006
LIKE YOU COULDN'T SEE IT.
Barney

Pompano Beach, FL

#9 Nov 4, 2006
I hope they don't change the title of the show to "How I met your father'.
cece

Schaumburg, IL

#10 Nov 4, 2006
King James wrote:
Why is this news?
EXACTLY!!!!!
Only one person will have the final say.
THEAprof

Plainfield, IL

#11 Nov 4, 2006
You still don't know what he chooses to do in his bedroom. Why do homophobes equate knowledge of someone's sexual orientation as indicative of specific sexual behavior? Countless actors announce ther heterosexuality through their public dating and marriages. Are they choosing to broadcast what they do in the privacy of their bedrooms? Get a clue: when GLBT people come out, they are merely doing what heterosexuals do every day but take for granted.

woody hayes wrote:
<quoted text>
no. the point is: what is it any of my business what he chooses to do in the privacy of his bedroom?
THEAprof

Plainfield, IL

#12 Nov 4, 2006
Actually, the one person who has the final say is Neil Patrick Harris himself.
cece wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY!!!!!
Only one person will have the final say.
lol

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#13 Nov 4, 2006
no wonder is acting sucks
woody hayes

San Antonio, TX

#14 Nov 4, 2006
THEAprof wrote:
You still don't know what he chooses to do in his bedroom. Why do homophobes equate knowledge of someone's sexual orientation as indicative of specific sexual behavior? Countless actors announce ther heterosexuality through their public dating and marriages. Are they choosing to broadcast what they do in the privacy of their bedrooms? Get a clue: when GLBT people come out, they are merely doing what heterosexuals do every day but take for granted.
<quoted text>
just because i have no interest in a person's sex life, that makes me a homophobe? i don't want to hear about anyone's sex life because it's none of my concern.
the hillbilly who gives oral to his girlfriend or the professional who gets a lunch time quickie no more interests me than this guy's preferences.
if you're gay, who gives a fcuk! if you like cunnilingus, analingus, bdsm or whatever blows your skirt up, tell me, sir, why the fcuk do i need to know about it?
and your name calling only leads me to believe you MUST be a democrat. because when all else fails, label someone in a category because you have no counterpoint to a legitimate statement.
BamaYankee

Winchester, KY

#15 Nov 4, 2006
woody hayes wrote:
<quoted text>
just because i have no interest in a person's sex life, that makes me a homophobe? i don't want to hear about anyone's sex life because it's none of my concern.
the hillbilly who gives oral to his girlfriend or the professional who gets a lunch time quickie no more interests me than this guy's preferences.
if you're gay, who gives a fcuk! if you like cunnilingus, analingus, bdsm or whatever blows your skirt up, tell me, sir, why the fcuk do i need to know about it?
and your name calling only leads me to believe you MUST be a democrat. because when all else fails, label someone in a category because you have no counterpoint to a legitimate statement.
Exactly! This whole issue about "coming out" is as desirable to read/hear about as the current political ads. I am fed up with both.
THEAprof

Plainfield, IL

#16 Nov 4, 2006
And you still completely fail to grasp that he has told you nothing about his private sex life. Gay people engage in the same sexual behaviors as straight people; they simply have same-sex partners. He has told you nothing more about his private life than straights do when they introduce their date or spouse. Are you offended by that? When you see a straight couple on a date or holding hands, do you immediately picture them in bed having sex? Why does the simple acknowledgement of someone else's sexual orientation bother you so much. It appears that you simply want the GLBT community to remain invisible. For some reason, our very existence appears to make you uncomfortable. No one is forcing you to watch or even imagine what we do in the privacy of our bedrooms but simply acknowledge that we exist. It is your over-blown reaction to something that you claim is "no concern" of yours that indicates homophobia.

And your lack of compassion and understanding of anyone different from you clearly tells me that you are a republican.
woody hayes wrote:
<quoted text>
woody hayes

San Antonio, TX

#17 Nov 4, 2006
THEAprof wrote:
And you still completely fail to grasp that he has told you nothing about his private sex life. Gay people engage in the same sexual behaviors as straight people; they simply have same-sex partners. He has told you nothing more about his private life than straights do when they introduce their date or spouse. Are you offended by that? When you see a straight couple on a date or holding hands, do you immediately picture them in bed having sex? Why does the simple acknowledgement of someone else's sexual orientation bother you so much. It appears that you simply want the GLBT community to remain invisible. For some reason, our very existence appears to make you uncomfortable. No one is forcing you to watch or even imagine what we do in the privacy of our bedrooms but simply acknowledge that we exist. It is your over-blown reaction to something that you claim is "no concern" of yours that indicates homophobia.
And your lack of compassion and understanding of anyone different from you clearly tells me that you are a republican.
<quoted text>
i'm talking to a wall here. as far as compassion goes: your partner has all i can give.

and yeah, i'm a republican. a republican who believes in a woman's right to choose, same sex marriages, gay adoption, that iraq is a fiasco and we should leave, stem cell research and in your case, brain transplants.

because i'm still trying to fathom how when someone tells me they are gay, it does NOT tell me what they do in their bedroom.
THEAprof

Plainfield, IL

#18 Nov 4, 2006
My sympathies to your partner, as you clearly don't know much about human sexuality.

Basic lesson one: straight and gay couples engage in the same type of sexual behaviors. There is nothing that gay couples do that many heterosexual couples don't also perform. The only difference is the choice of partner.

Basic lesson two: sexual preferences differ from person to person. In more vulgar terms, different people are "turned on" by different activities. Some people (gay and straight) may find oral sex exciting; others don't care much for that activity. All of us -- gay or straight -- are unique sexual beings.

Basic lesson three: knowing someone's sexual orientation doesn't tell you what they do in bed. You do not know what specific sexual behaviors in which that person indulges. You only know the gender of his or her partner.

Furthermore, you still haven't answered why a gay person's coming out is any different that a straight person announcing they are engaged or publically dating someone. All those actions proclaim one's sexual orientation.

And if you really support those positions, then why the hell are you a republican?
woody hayes wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm talking to a wall here. as far as compassion goes: your partner has all i can give.
and yeah, i'm a republican. a republican who believes in a woman's right to choose, same sex marriages, gay adoption, that iraq is a fiasco and we should leave, stem cell research and in your case, brain transplants.
because i'm still trying to fathom how when someone tells me they are gay, it does NOT tell me what they do in their bedroom.
woody hayes

San Antonio, TX

#19 Nov 4, 2006
THEAprof wrote:
My sympathies to your partner, as you clearly don't know much about human sexuality.
Basic lesson one: straight and gay couples engage in the same type of sexual behaviors. There is nothing that gay couples do that many heterosexual couples don't also perform. The only difference is the choice of partner.
Basic lesson two: sexual preferences differ from person to person. In more vulgar terms, different people are "turned on" by different activities. Some people (gay and straight) may find oral sex exciting; others don't care much for that activity. All of us -- gay or straight -- are unique sexual beings.
Basic lesson three: knowing someone's sexual orientation doesn't tell you what they do in bed. You do not know what specific sexual behaviors in which that person indulges. You only know the gender of his or her partner.
Furthermore, you still haven't answered why a gay person's coming out is any different that a straight person announcing they are engaged or publically dating someone. All those actions proclaim one's sexual orientation.
And if you really support those positions, then why the hell are you a republican?
<quoted text>
i give up.
observer

Lake Worth, FL

#20 Nov 4, 2006
Have no clue who he is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doogie Howser, M.D. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Emmy host Neil Patrick Harris is... (Sep '13) Nov '13 TheAfroHedgehog 3
News Broadway to celebrate its best at Tonys (Jun '12) Jun '12 short trus micro bus 1
The Basic Theme of the House MD (Aug '11) Aug '11 starstar1 1
News Neil Patrick Harris' new 'Rent' role: director (Aug '10) Aug '10 triple6vamp 2
News Neil Patrick Harris and Segourney Weaver (Praye... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Imprtnrd 3
News First the Tonys, Now the Emmys for Neil Patrick... (Jul '09) Jul '09 stewy_lewis 2
News Neil Patrick Harris gets ready as Tony host (Jun '09) Jun '09 LI_Mom 1
More from around the web