Neil Patrick Harris Says He Is Gay

Neil Patrick Harris is gay and wants to quell any rumors to the contrary. ' am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest,' Harris tells People magazine's Web site. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
annie

Lake Worth, FL

#1 Nov 4, 2006
will he looks gay to me
Linda

Boulder, CO

#2 Nov 4, 2006
Well duuuuh!
BamaYankee

Winchester, KY

#5 Nov 4, 2006
Who the heck is Neil Patrick Harris and does anyone care?
Joe

Colorado Springs, CO

#6 Nov 4, 2006
annie wrote:
will he looks gay to me
Im interested in knowing exactly how a "GAY PERSON LOOKS" Im a 40yr old "GAY" man. and when I meet new people, who I guess are "STRAIGHT" for how they look to me. When I tell them that I am gay,they are always shocked because as the say "YOU DONT LOOK GAY TO ME!" I, only hope that you DO NOT have children. because I think you would not be a supportive or positive roll model for them...
elizabeth

Crystal Lake, IL

#7 Nov 4, 2006
who cares hes gay
hollywood sleaze

Bronx, NY

#8 Nov 4, 2006
maybe can date jon bon jovi or lance bass freak.
AsB

West Newton, IN

#9 Nov 4, 2006
Whoop-Ti-Doo!
VALERIE

AOL

#10 Nov 4, 2006
I think you were the LAST one to know. But does anyone care? You are not the first and you wont be the last.
THEAprof

Plainfield, IL

#11 Nov 4, 2006
Well, how many television series have YOU starred in? In how many Broadway shows have YOU performed? How many Golden Globe nominations have YOU received?

Mr. Harris was responding to rumors already circulating in entertainment publications. Obviously, enough people cared that it prompted published inquiries.

I say bravo to Mr. Harris for his act of courage.
BamaYankee wrote:
Who the heck is Neil Patrick Harris and does anyone care?
ROB MASPETH

Bronx, NY

#12 Nov 4, 2006
THEAprof wrote:
Well, how many television series have YOU starred in? In how many Broadway shows have YOU performed? How many Golden Globe nominations have YOU received?
Mr. Harris was responding to rumors already circulating in entertainment publications. Obviously, enough people cared that it prompted published inquiries.
<quoted text>
who cares now go away.
THEAprof

Plainfield, IL

#13 Nov 4, 2006
Do you feel all "important" now?
ROB MASPETH wrote:
<quoted text>who cares now go away.
ROB MASPETH

Bronx, NY

#14 Nov 4, 2006
THEAprof wrote:
Do you feel all "important" now?
<quoted text>
go away now
THEAprof

Plainfield, IL

#15 Nov 4, 2006
For those who don't know who Mr. Harris is, here are links to sites which list his screen and stage credits.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000439/

http://www.ibdb.com/person.asp...
Aussie Lee

Melbourne, Australia

#17 Nov 4, 2006
Now that is a what I call a role model!
Neil Patrick Harris is a talented, hard-working, genuinely sweet man who is deservedly proud of how he lives his life. While I still think that it is a terrific shame that individuals are still being pressured into 'owning up' to their sexuality - Neil's open and unapologetic declaration of his contentment as a gay man will undoubtably make it that much easier for people struggling with their sexuality to feel at peace with themselves and, hopefully, will encourage others to be just that little more open-minded as well.
Aussie Lee

Melbourne, Australia

#18 Nov 4, 2006
Now that is what I call a real role model!
Neil Patrick Harris is a talented, hard-working and genuinely sweet man who is deservedly proud of how he lives his life. While I consider it a terrific shame that individuals are still being pressured into defending their sexuality, Neil's open and unapologetic declaration of his contentment as a gay man will undoubtably help many people struggling with their sexuality to feel just that bit more at peace with themselves and, hopefully, might encourage others to be a little more open-minded in the process.
What you did took courage and I, for one, am very proud of you!
TOJohnson

Chesapeake, VA

#19 Nov 5, 2006
I must admit, it shocked me to read that about Doogie Howser! I guess it's a natural impulse when you find out that a T.V. character that you are familiar with, comes out with news like that. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it is a shock no less. I hope he didn't ruin the future of his show though. It'll be hard to watch him as a straight guy now. Whatever happened to Vinnie ??
Mark

Saint Charles, IL

#20 Nov 5, 2006
Hello Niel,

I have often hoped that a smart man like yourself would come forward in the public eye. Please drop me a line, if nothing else, to share and understand since we are both professionals.
If nothing else, you may learn something about yourself.

Have a great evening / morning,

Mark
RAP

Medway, MA

#21 Nov 5, 2006
I'M AS SHOCKED AS THE NEXT PERSON. I NEVER THOUGHT HE WAS GAY LANCE MAYBE BUT NOT DOOGIE
BamaYankee

Winchester, KY

#22 Nov 5, 2006
THEAprof wrote:
<quoted text>
My public and private life wasn't plastered all over the news services for public discussion, so my career isn't up for discussion and it's not relevant to my question, nor is your response.
Lennie

Roseville, CA

#23 Nov 5, 2006
Its wonderful that Patrick Harris is GAY and proude of it. It makes me proude to say I am GAY and love being GAY. You don't know what your missing until you make love to any other man. Len.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doogie Howser, M.D. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Emmy host Neil Patrick Harris is... (Sep '13) Nov '13 TheAfroHedgehog 3
Broadway to celebrate its best at Tonys (Jun '12) Jun '12 short trus micro bus 1
The Basic Theme of the House MD (Aug '11) Aug '11 starstar1 1
Neil Patrick Harris' new 'Rent' role: director (Aug '10) Aug '10 triple6vamp 2
Neil Patrick Harris and Segourney Weaver (Praye... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Imprtnrd 3
First the Tonys, Now the Emmys for Neil Patrick... (Jul '09) Jul '09 stewy_lewis 2
Neil Patrick Harris gets ready as Tony host (Jun '09) Jun '09 LI_Mom 1
More from around the web