Roy Disney, nephew of Walt Disney, dies

Roy Disney, nephew of Walt Disney, dies

There are 18 comments on the LA Daily News story from Dec 16, 2009, titled Roy Disney, nephew of Walt Disney, dies. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

This Thursday, Nov. 15, 2001 file photo shows Roy E. Disney, vice chairman of the Walt Disney Co.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

A Sad Day for Disney

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Dec 16, 2009
Although Walt was the Main Disney its sad to hear about the sudden passing of Roy Disney May he RIP With Walt Disney still Rules!

Since: Oct 08

West Hills, CA

#3 Dec 16, 2009
I never knew the man but I used to work with Shamrock Holdings, by all accounts he was a good guy.

My condolences for his friends and family.
Darlene

Marina Del Rey, CA

#4 Dec 16, 2009
When is disneyland going to roll back their price for the poor unfortunate like it was created for. I have a new name for it the most Expensive place on Earth.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#5 Dec 16, 2009
...I'm going to DISNEYLAND!!!!!!
melissa

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Dec 16, 2009
so sad :-(
Got it now

AOL

#7 Dec 16, 2009
I'm saddened to hear this news.I guess the sharks at Disney have full control now
old guy

Van Nuys, CA

#8 Dec 16, 2009
RIP guess the Disney dream is real dead now !
Jim

Sun Valley, CA

#9 Dec 16, 2009
Passing of the last decent man in the Disney empire. The satanic bunch of misfits market their filth disguised as "wholesome" entertainment and Roy will turn in his grave.
Forever Fan

San Fernando, CA

#10 Dec 16, 2009
The Disney dream has died with Roy's passing.
trigger

Calabasas, CA

#11 Dec 16, 2009
God Bless the Disney family in their time of need. MR. Disney was a talented, caring,& generous man with the highest of standards and ethics.
A friend

Norwalk, CA

#12 Dec 16, 2009
I worked for him for 17 years. He was a gentle, humble and generous man, who surrounded himself with good people, who held good values. Through his life's work he touched a lot of people across the world. My heartfelt condolences to to his children, grandchildren and many friends. Those who knew him will certainly miss him.
Lenord Robinson

Thousand Oaks, CA

#13 Dec 16, 2009
Thanks Roy, for maintaining the integrity of the company we have all come to respect.
George W Bush

Firebaugh, CA

#14 Dec 16, 2009
It will cost you 300 dollars to take your family to the funeral and you cant bring a lunch you have to buy it there...
jaylenoschin

Oxford, OH

#15 Dec 16, 2009
good story. is disney an english sur name?
BreadnButter

La Mirada, CA

#17 Dec 16, 2009
Roy Disney was well loved and admired by all in Feature Animation at Walt Disney Pictures. His contributions to our longevity were great.
He was friendly, down to earth, had a good sense of humor and loved Disney animation.
My condolences to his family.
Annamarie
BreadnButter

La Mirada, CA

#18 Dec 16, 2009
Hi Lenord!!!!
Annamarie
Bob

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Dec 17, 2009
High entry prices aren't keeping enough people away from Disneyland. Still crowded whenever we go.
melissa

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Dec 17, 2009
George W Bush wrote:
It will cost you 300 dollars to take your family to the funeral and you cant bring a lunch you have to buy it there...
Did you really have to make a joke about someone dying?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Disneyland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Frank Armitage Dies: Disney Imagineer Who Contr... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Black Foo 1
News Spotted at Disneyland: See photos of celebs fro... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Miley Ray Cyrus 1
News White Rabbit is racist, So Cal family alleges i... (Feb '13) Jul '13 june 2
Why isnt this forum more active???. (Apr '12) Apr '12 MoonGlitter101 1
News Fess Parker, Disney star, dies (Mar '10) Mar '10 christopher cloutier 2
News Portrayer of frontier-era icons was also a deve... (Mar '10) Mar '10 old timer 2
News Recession hurts Disney theme parks, films (May '09) May '09 emoeainna 1
More from around the web