Merritt Canteen a 'viewer's pick' on ...

Merritt Canteen a 'viewer's pick' on Food Channel

There are 31 comments on the www.ctpost.com story from Sep 9, 2010, titled Merritt Canteen a 'viewer's pick' on Food Channel. In it, www.ctpost.com reports that:

If you were at the Merritt Canteen Tuesday morning for a cup of coffee and an egg sandwich, your day was no doubt ruined.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.ctpost.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BPT

Waterbury, CT

#1 Sep 9, 2010
a classic place since i was a kid......also notice when you order, it's all by memory, no paper involved at all......classic!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2 Sep 9, 2010
My family including Tippy love free food.
MRS AVA

Moore, SC

#3 Sep 9, 2010
BPT wrote:
a classic place since i was a kid......also notice when you order, it's all by memory, no paper involved at all......classic!
Phyliss told us about this last week .I remember going there also Things sometimes stay the same while most change!

Since: Mar 08

Stratford, CT

#4 Sep 9, 2010
MRS AVA wrote:
<quoted text>Phyliss told us about this last week .I remember going there also Things sometimes stay the same while most change!
I mentioned it over 2 weeks ago as most of my friends on BPT PD were made aware for obvious reasons. Yes most items there are not as good as back when Lorrianne (now deceased)owned it as well as the car wash in back. Yahoo and Richy former wokers when I when I was a kid now own it..the lady used to make those great oinion rings retired..onion rings aren't so great anymore..Dutchess & Windmill hotdogs are now better than MC...Food channel came out years too late it seems. MC is not as good as years ago..not even close!
MRS AVA

Moore, SC

#5 Sep 9, 2010
THE GENUINEPHYLLIS wrote:
<quoted text>I mentioned it over 2 weeks ago as most of my friends on BPT PD were made aware for obvious reasons. Yes most items there are not as good as back when Lorrianne (now deceased)owned it as well as the car wash in back. Yahoo and Richy former wokers when I when I was a kid now own it..the lady used to make those great oinion rings retired..onion rings aren't so great anymore..Dutchess & Windmill hotdogs are now better than MC...Food channel came out years too late it seems. MC is not as good as years ago..not even close!
As I have said before the food channel went to the Beacon Diner down here and raved about it.I will guarantee if you art there you would have gas pains for a week and more!
MRS AVA

Moore, SC

#6 Sep 9, 2010
Sorry typo ate

Stratford, CT

#7 Sep 9, 2010
MRS AVA wrote:
<quoted text>As I have said before the food channel went to the Beacon Diner down here and raved about it.I will guarantee if you art there you would have gas pains for a week and more!
I love your comment made me laugh..the gas part..LMAO
MRS AVA

Spartanburg, SC

#8 Sep 9, 2010
I could not spell ther Italian word for it!

Stratford, CT

#9 Sep 9, 2010
MRS AVA wrote:
I could not spell ther Italian word for it!
Agiada(pronounced AHJI-DAH)

Location hidden

#10 Sep 9, 2010
All My Good People Of Bridgeport
I am doing just fine, and I hope that all of you are doing just fine, too. Have you notice that most of my great interesting comments have nuts, and sometimes Mean Faces? Do I care? No. Am I a Cry Baby? No. Give nuts and mean faces, and you will receive the same. Go in Peace and Praise the LORD, Amen.

Stratford, CT

#11 Sep 9, 2010
America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
All My Good People Of Bridgeport
I am doing just fine, and I hope that all of you are doing just fine, too. Have you notice that most of my great interesting comments have nuts, and sometimes Mean Faces? Do I care? No. Am I a Cry Baby? No. Give nuts and mean faces, and you will receive the same. Go in Peace and Praise the LORD, Amen.
Funny Sam! I agree although I will not waste my time juding nasty..all good or nothing at all. Some things are just not worth the trip!
MRS AVA

Moore, SC

#12 Sep 9, 2010
THE GENUINEPHYLLIS wrote:
<quoted text>Agiada(pronounced AHJI-DAH)
I knew the pronunication not the spelling and boy that place will give it to you!

Stratford, CT

#13 Sep 9, 2010
MRS AVA wrote:
<quoted text>I knew the pronunication not the spelling and boy that place will give it to you!
You are still crackin me up!!We still have quite a few here that not only do that and then some..Oh Lordy you suffer for days and days, yet people continue to patronize them, go figure? Pepe'spzza went franchise EEEEKKK!!!! Frank J. must be rolling in his grave..the franchized ones suck! There is one @ MoSun YUUUUCKY
Artsy

Wilton, CT

#14 Sep 10, 2010
Tomlinson's used to have really good dogs and steak sandwiches too. Ever since they expanded into that bigger spot, the food quality went down the crapper. Still good. Nowhere near as good as it used to be. And damnit I miss Crikets(sp?) in Stratford!

Stratford, CT

#15 Sep 10, 2010
Artsy wrote:
Tomlinson's used to have really good dogs and steak sandwiches too. Ever since they expanded into that bigger spot, the food quality went down the crapper. Still good. Nowhere near as good as it used to be. And damnit I miss Crikets(sp?) in Stratford!
I miss Cricket also. I agree about Tomlinson's.
Artsy

Wilton, CT

#16 Sep 10, 2010
Phyllis, do you know why Cricket's closed? I mean, that place was always jammed packed. We would go on Saturday afternoons for the hot dogs & fries, then head down to Short Beach.
ARBUCKLE

Trumbull, CT

#17 Sep 10, 2010
Avco closed.Charter arms closed.Not enough pass thru traffic to cover overhead. But if we are bringing stuff back how about Ahern's with the kiddie rides and the trampolines?

Stratford, CT

#18 Sep 10, 2010
ARBUCKLE wrote:
Avco closed.Charter arms closed.Not enough pass thru traffic to cover overhead. But if we are bringing stuff back how about Ahern's with the kiddie rides and the trampolines?
Yes.Avco's closing really wrecked now defunct Lia's Roses and surrounding biz. I fondly remember Aherns also Snuffy's. But I was told Cricket closed do to a commercial project that never got off the ground..what a shame tore it down for nothing..my office is just down the street

Location hidden

#19 Sep 10, 2010
EVERYBODY
You can buy Buttermike at C-Town's in Stratford. They also have good looking Cashers.
Son of Kunchok

Mineola, NY

#20 Sep 10, 2010
CT Sam and I went metal detecting at the park today. I found many silver coins. CT Sam only found one bottle cap, it was stuck to the bottom of his shoe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Special DDD Episode Aug '16 PorAgent 1
Cookie Monster Aug '16 SickofGuy 1
camaro (Aug '14) Aug '14 jani 1
News Friday's TV Highlights: 'Ender's Game' on Cinemax (Jun '14) Jun '14 Eighthman 1
"Canadian Bacon" (1995) (Feb '13) Feb '13 Abishai100 1
Thomas' English Muffins: food couture (Jan '13) Jan '13 Abishai100 1
News This Fuckin' Guy!: Foreign & Domestic's Nationa... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Jofer 1
More from around the web