Sadly, Johnny Depp To Play Three More...

Sadly, Johnny Depp To Play Three More Silly Characters

There are 33 comments on the Gawker story from Sep 26, 2008, titled Sadly, Johnny Depp To Play Three More Silly Characters. In it, Gawker reports that:

No one's asking Johnny Depp to pursue a boring, traditional Hollywood acting career, but this is just getting ridiculous.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gawker.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Today is a gift..have fun!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#23 Jun 7, 2009
calibrat wrote:
CACF was a HORRIBLE movie but then again I loved the original...
I love 99.9% OF Johnnys other movies though...
A fan since Jump st.
Please explain to us why you found CACF so horrible?

“I miss you lil bro”

Since: Apr 09

Vegas baby

#24 Jun 7, 2009
It was just to weird I know Tim Burton's movies are really out there but to far for me.
(I saw the original in the theatre as a child)

Location hidden

#25 Jun 8, 2009
calibrat wrote:
It was just to weird I know Tim Burton's movies are really out there but to far for me.
(I saw the original in the theatre as a child)
Because it is "weird" that makes it horrible? Willy Wonka is not exactly a normal person. And from my understanding, CACF is closer to the book than the original film "Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory". Gene Wilder at first did not understand filming a remake until he saw the end result. Even he thought it was brilliant. So let's just say CACF is "different"..K?

Location hidden

#26 Jun 8, 2009
P.S. I have been a JD admirer since Jump Street also. What a fantastic series!!!

“I miss you lil bro”

Vegas baby

#27 Jun 8, 2009
The music was bad,this movie is more like the book than the original which I STILL watch I do have both on dvd,,HORRIBLE may have been a strong word but it was one of the few Depp movies I did not like.
Have not seen Nick Of Time as I don't care for that type of movie from anyone.

Location hidden

#28 Jun 9, 2009
calibrat wrote:
The music was bad,this movie is more like the book than the original which I STILL watch I do have both on dvd,,HORRIBLE may have been a strong word but it was one of the few Depp movies I did not like.
Have not seen Nick Of Time as I don't care for that type of movie from anyone.
Well, what type of movie do you think "Nick Of Time" is? I have seen and own all of Johnny's films. There are a select few that I did not care for, but I at least gave them a chance,,because I LOVE JOHNNY!

“I miss you lil bro”

Vegas baby

#29 Jun 9, 2009
I don't really care for "thriller" movies I am a chick flick,comedy,SOME drama movies.
I am a oldie movie fan actors like the late Bob Hope,John Wayne,I love sports movies all of the Major League movies,also like cop movies the Lethal Weapon series,Tango & Cash.
One of my favorite Depp movies is Whats Eating Gilbert Grape.

Location hidden

#30 Jun 9, 2009
calibrat wrote:
I don't really care for "thriller" movies I am a chick flick,comedy,SOME drama movies.
I am a oldie movie fan actors like the late Bob Hope,John Wayne,I love sports movies all of the Major League movies,also like cop movies the Lethal Weapon series,Tango & Cash.
One of my favorite Depp movies is Whats Eating Gilbert Grape.
I am a bit confused..you say you don't care for thrillers. But, in an earlier post you said "I love 99.9% OF Johnnys other movies". At least 25% of Johnny's films are horror/thrillers! "Secret Window", "Astronauts Wife", "Sleepy Hollow", "Sweeney Todd", "9th Gate", "From Hell", "A Nightmare on Elm Street" to name a few are horror/thrillers. "Nick of Time" would be considered more of a suspense film. Much much milder than the films I listed here. Besides "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" and CACF, what other JD films have you actually seen?

“I miss you lil bro”

Vegas baby

#31 Jun 9, 2009
I have seen them he was wonderful in all them but I will not watch them again,(I even have them on dvd IN CASE I get the nerve up again).I am a wuss when it comes to movies I get so freaked out.
Cry baby was a another fav as was all three of the Pirates movies saw the last one about 5-6 times (at the drive-in)I wish I was not such a weeney when it comes to movies.

I watched Nightmare ONLY because Johnny was in it.
Maybe suspense is a better word as I usually lump movies by chick flick,sports,comedy.... suspense/thriller is the same for me.

Sandra Bullock is another one that has movies I have seen and loved but I am not sure if I will watch them again.
deppity doo

Roswell, GA

#32 Mar 1, 2010
JD didn't get voted People's Sexiest Man of the Year
by playing weird characters. Different roles are ok but all that face makeup just hides one fine looking man! I'm sorry to hear that Burton will be directing Dark Shadows. Here comes another freak show.
Leigh

London, UK

#33 Mar 31, 2010
Johnny is nown for playing strange charactors like Cry baby, Edward scissor hands, Edwood, Fear in las vages, sleepy hollow, charlie and the chocolate factory, Pirates of the caribbean, Sweeney Todd and Alice in wonderland thats what makes him so great, i cant think of anyone who could pull it off like he can
Leigh

London, UK

#34 Mar 31, 2010
Depputy JNads wrote:
for goodness sake don't come on here if you don't like him!! what is the f**king point!! there bloody isn't!!!!!! now pi*s off!!
I totally agree
Leigh

London, UK

#35 Mar 31, 2010
calibrat wrote:
CACF was a HORRIBLE movie but then again I loved the original...
I love 99.9% OF Johnnys other movies though...
A fan since Jump st.
I personally love CATCF but its each th thier own, i'm dont like fear and loathing in las vages but i think you'd be lying to say you love them all

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dark Shadows Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dark Shadows: Episodes 471-475 (Feb '13) Sep '13 Kyle Blunt 2
How did Roxanne Drew become a vampire originally? (Sep '08) Jul '13 John Crews 8
News Dark Shadows: The Beginning Collection 1 (Aug '07) May '13 AustinSanford 2
News Dark Shadows: Episodes 476-480 (Feb '13) Feb '13 equalityboy81 1
Dark Shadows/Willy Wonka trivia (Feb '13) Feb '13 equalityboy81 1
News Japan nuclear power-free as last reactor shuts ... (May '12) May '12 DITMEMAYthangSUCV... 8
Barnabas Collins - the song! (Sep '11) Nov '11 Will Dockery 2
More from around the web