'60s hit aims for new blood

'60s hit aims for new blood

There are 3 comments on the LA Daily News story from Jul 17, 2010, titled '60s hit aims for new blood. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Fans take photos of Jonathan Frid, star of the 1960s television show Dark Shadows, at the Vista Theater in Los Angeles Friday, July 16, 2010.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Pointless Post Guy

South Gate, CA

#1 Jul 17, 2010
There are some "Dark Shadows" in the White House. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Now I'm ashamed. Well, at least I'm not Truth U.S.A., the tard trucker.
Karen Talaski

Yakima, WA

#2 Jul 18, 2010
Thanks for the article on one of my favorite actors and television shows. I started watching Dark Shadows when it first came on the air in June, 1967 -- my mother told me a new soap was starting that day, and since she knew me to be a dreamy reader of gothic romance 10-year-old, she figured I would like it. I was hooked from the first day and, as did many people my age, ran home after school to see it. I was so sad when it went off the air in 1971. The festivals give us fans a chance to relive a time when a handsome vampire was in our dreams.
The DS Rubber Bat

AOL

#3 Jul 19, 2010
The event at the Vista was exciting and very packed in with three buses full of DS Fest fans and attendees who stood in the LA heatwave of 102* and extreme humidity, just to get a glimpse of the actor Jonathan Frid whom portrayed the first popular vampire to have both a soul and a very guilty conscience. Barnabas Collins paved the way so that shows like Forever Knight and Angel could even exist. After Mr. Frid completed the ceremony, the fans overfilled the Vista theatre to see their favourite DS movie on the big screen and just as when we were kids seeing for the first time, the theatre's huge curtins slowly parted; the lights dimmed and the MGM logo lion came on the screen with a mighty roar to officially prepare us for the haunting Bob Cobert DS theme music which sent chills through us all in the 100 + heat. It was a great time to feel like a kid again and we only get to do it once a year at the DS fest when so many fans can freely walk around in Victorian and vampire costumes and relive our favorite DS episodes and tons of backstories about doing an early TV show like that where everyday was like opening night put on "Live Tape." great fun for all ages and there are always children there too as new fans. Even the shows' actors ae regulars there and have gotten to the point where they actually get to personally know the fan's and their families and the kids. It's very warm and like an extended family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dark Shadows Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dark Shadows: Episodes 471-475 (Feb '13) Sep '13 Kyle Blunt 2
How did Roxanne Drew become a vampire originally? (Sep '08) Jul '13 John Crews 8
News Dark Shadows: The Beginning Collection 1 (Aug '07) May '13 AustinSanford 2
News Dark Shadows: Episodes 476-480 (Feb '13) Feb '13 equalityboy81 1
Dark Shadows/Willy Wonka trivia (Feb '13) Feb '13 equalityboy81 1
News Japan nuclear power-free as last reactor shuts ... (May '12) May '12 DITMEMAYthangSUCV... 8
Barnabas Collins - the song! (Sep '11) Nov '11 Will Dockery 2
More from around the web