'Cupid' Takes Wing Again - ABC greenl...

'Cupid' Takes Wing Again - ABC greenlights new pilot from 'Vero...

There are 11 comments on the Zap2it.com story from Mar 14, 2008, titled 'Cupid' Takes Wing Again - ABC greenlights new pilot from 'Vero.... In it, Zap2it.com reports that:

Suddenly, Rob Thomas is a very busy man. The "Veronica Mars" creator, who earlier this week was hired to work on an update of "Beverly Hills, 90210" for The CW, has now received a green light to update his ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Zap2it.com.

Lisa

Fond Du Lac, WI

#1 Mar 14, 2008
Oh, I remember Cupid, all right. I wasn't really a fan, though. Jeremy Piven was kind of irritating and the show was rather formulaic. It did have some good elements in there so maybe an updating with better casting will work for me.
Chad

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Mar 14, 2008
Great, the 90210 spin-off is #2 for him. This better not affect the quality of the first script.
Tom

Madison, WI

#3 Mar 14, 2008
I'm all for this if it results in a DVD release of the original Cupid. A great show cut down too early.
Frank Baum

Greensburg, IN

#4 Mar 14, 2008
Enjoyed the original a lot, it's worthy of DVD availability. The blah blah about the truths of the universe, sometimes pretty heavy stuff given the weightiness of common sense, or tossed off as "doesn't everybody know this?". Fun. And the therapist's continual wondering "is this crazy or is this the way it ought to be?" also advertisement for introspection, self knowledge, general knowledge, and being a bit more the ideal rather than looking at it from afar.

Glad to see the idea continue.
Jon

Staten Island, NY

#5 Mar 15, 2008
Now if only he can convice a network to pick up Veronica in the FBI, I have to say Tuesdays were ot the same this year with out Miss Mars. I miss that show
Steven Bryant

Oak Forest, IL

#7 Mar 16, 2008
They have to bring back the same cast. I cannot see anyone else play Trevor but Jeremy Piven.
Frank M

Mount Laurel, NJ

#8 Mar 16, 2008
Best news ever! I loved the original and hope the show succeeds this time around. Jeremy Piven & Paula Marshall were perfectly cast, and I only hope the creators will have the same luck this time around
Pearl79

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Mar 16, 2008
Best TV news of the year! I *loved* this show in the '90s. Back then, I was part of what we called the Saturday Night Losers Club because we'd rather stay home and watch this show than go out to the clubs.
ishkabibble

Wenatchee, WA

#10 Mar 18, 2008
I don't remember any stories from the original series, all I remember is it was very well-produced, and I liked JP and PM as the leads. I thought they played well off each other. Plus I always had a 'thing' for Paula Marshall. I always wished she had gotten a steady gig going, instead of being labeled one of those infamous "show killers".

You realize, don't you, that JP won't be doing the new version, right? I mean Ari is busy being, well, Ari, and PM is getting a little old (in Hollywood years) to be playing the PYT. I really hate saying that, but TTWII.

I might check out the new iteration, just to satisfy curiosity.
LovedTheOriginal

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Mar 30, 2008
I stopped watching ABC with the last episode of Cupid. The network totally mismanaged the best new show of that season and it was the last straw for me after they cancelled many of their best and most promising shows previously. I haven't watched an ABC show since and I don't intend to watch this one. Los Angeles? Cupid in LA? No Piven, No Marshall, No thanks.
FLGIRL

AOL

#12 May 4, 2009
YOU KNOW I HAD TAPED THE SHOW SO MY NEICE COULD SEE HOW GREAT IT WAS,BUT I SAID I'AM HOLDING MY BREATH BECAUSE EVERYTIME I FIND A NEW SHOW I'AM CRAZY ABOUT THEY ALWAYS TAKE IT OFF AND REPLACE IT WITH SOMETHING STUPID ! I THINK IT HAS TO DO WITH THEY DON'T WANT TO MAKE BELIEVE FOR 30MINS THAT CUPID MAY BE REAL ! THEY DID THE SAME WITH JOAN OF ARCADIA A GIRL THOUGHT SHE WAS SEEING AND TALKING TO GOD,AND IT REALLY MADE YOU LAUGH AND THEN THERE WERE SHOWS THAT BROUGHT TEARS TO YOUR EYES. BOTH SHOWS HAD ME TALKING TO MYSELF ABOUT WHAT WOULD I DO IF THIS EVER HAPPENED TO ME HA,BUT BOTH SHOWS WERE A GREAT ESCAPE FROM A BAD DAY OR MONEY PROBLEMS,BUT I GUESS WE CAN'T HAVE THAT BUT IF THERES ANYTHING I CAN DO TO GET EITHER SHOW PUT BACK ON LET ME KNOW,BUT I'AM NOT WATCHING ANY OTHER NEW SHOWS BECAUSE AS SOON AS I GET INTERESTED THEY TAKE IT OFF,AND THEY ARE NOT MESSING WITH ME ANYMORE !!!!GOOD LUCK

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cupid Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Back From the Dead: Shows We Want Revived (Mar '12) Mar '12 Millie 1
News Like Conan's Tonight, 10 TV shows that got screwed (Mar '12) Mar '12 Millie 1
News Simon Cowell leaving 'American Idol' after this... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Millie 1
News Entourage Trivia (Mar '12) Mar '12 Millie 1
News EXCLUSIVE: Paula Marshall to Work Her Magic on ... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Millie 1
News Amy Poehler, Parks and Recreation (Sep '09) Sep '09 Mike 2
News 'Cupid' Arrow Finds Sarah Paulson - 'Studio 60'... (Apr '09) Apr '09 wendy 1
More from around the web