TV Ratings: Comedies, Caruso Carry CB...

TV Ratings: Comedies, Caruso Carry CBS - The Eye cruises to a r...

There are 10 comments on the Zap2it.com story from Dec 30, 2008, titled TV Ratings: Comedies, Caruso Carry CBS - The Eye cruises to a r.... In it, Zap2it.com reports that:

David Caruso of 'CSI: Miami' Fast National ratings for Monday, Dec. 29, 2008 Solid performances from reruns of its comedy lineup and "CSI: Miami" gave CBS a comfortable ratings victory Monday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Zap2it.com.

jabo

Nashville, TN

#1 Dec 30, 2008
Shouldn't CSI Miami be classified as a comedy?
Caruso's poses are so comical, they can't be serious.. I watch the show for the supporting cast members and the Miami scenery.
jeff

United States

#2 Dec 30, 2008
Worst Week didnt air last night.
A Gary Unmarried repeat aired instead.

Since: Aug 07

Oregon

#3 Dec 30, 2008
Some of Caruso's gestures are so outrageous they could easily be termed comical. That's part of his charm.

It looks like they're trying to determine whether Gary Unmarried is worth another season. I think the numbers show it's not. 2 1/2 Men and CSI Miami both had excellent ratings for reruns, Gary Unmarried took a big dip - not a good sign.

Worst Week is also a loser; any ratings were due solely to its placement between 2 high rated shows.
Rena Moretti

Rosemead, CA

#4 Dec 30, 2008
Bennu wrote:
Some of Caruso's gestures are so outrageous they could easily be termed comical. That's part of his charm.
It looks like they're trying to determine whether Gary Unmarried is worth another season. I think the numbers show it's not. 2 1/2 Men and CSI Miami both had excellent ratings for reruns, Gary Unmarried took a big dip - not a good sign.
Worst Week is also a loser; any ratings were due solely to its placement between 2 high rated shows.
Great analysis Bennu. Generally, re-run ratings are a great predictor of the real strength of a show.

For instance, the great untold story of the past few years, NCIS, always did great in re-runs, which predicted how great it would do in the long run.
Rena Moretti

Rosemead, CA

#5 Dec 30, 2008
jabo wrote:
Shouldn't CSI Miami be classified as a comedy?
Caruso's poses are so comical, they can't be serious.. I watch the show for the supporting cast members and the Miami scenery.
By the way, a lot of that great scenery is really Manhattan Beach, standing in for Miami.

Since: Aug 07

Oregon

#6 Dec 31, 2008
Nearly ALL the exteriors that include the main characters are filmed in Manhattan Beach or surrounding areas (the crime lab is in Manhattan Beach). Visual exteriors are shot in Miami.

Usually, but not last season, the first and last episodes are shot in Miami. Because of the WGA strike and rushed schedule, all filming of Season 6 was done in California, as well as so far in Season 7.
Kyle

United States

#7 Dec 31, 2008
The think with Gary Unmarried is that its on a station that has high demands for any show unlike the other networks!!!
Rena Moretti

Fullerton, CA

#8 Jan 2, 2009
Kyle wrote:
The think with Gary Unmarried is that its on a station that has high demands for any show unlike the other networks!!!
A very apt description of CBS.:)
Davec

West Byfleet, UK

#9 Jan 2, 2009
Perhaps the person who reviewed the Big Bang Theory should try listening to the dialog of the show. It might increase their IQ to 99 or so...
Kyrie

Sacramento, CA

#10 Jan 5, 2009
CSI Miami sucks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

CSI: Miami Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News CBS refuses to let CSI franchise RIP (Jun '14) Jun '14 huh 2
News Actress Eva Longoria pays NMSU visit for Obama (Oct '08) Dec '13 TheAfroHedgehog 15
News Ask David Caruso and the 'CSI:Miami' Cast a Que... (Sep '08) May '13 raulraiy 31
News LeAnn Rimes sobs over Eddie Cibrian affair (Dec '12) Dec '12 Sven Erlandson 1
News LeAnn Rimes breaks down in... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Shemail 1
News Caruso and Rodriguez surveyed the chaos in a cr... (Apr '12) May '12 Mea 2
News David Caruso's future is so bright, he's gotta ... (Jan '11) Mar '12 Nation of Imbeciles 6
More from around the web