Prairie programs shed lighthearted hu...

Prairie programs shed lighthearted humour on Canada's heartland

There are 12 comments on the Madison Publishing story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Prairie programs shed lighthearted humour on Canada's heartland. In it, Madison Publishing reports that:

It could be all that wheat. Or maybe the flatness of the land garners more giggles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Madison Publishing.

Day After

Toronto, Canada

#1 Nov 6, 2008
Reality asserts itself

Solutions to the economic crisis will be found when we cut through the propaganda and spin

http://premiere.whatcounts.com/t... ;
Herta

Winnipeg, Canada

#2 Nov 15, 2008
Check it out.
GD 4 LYF

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#3 Dec 7, 2008
Wow, my two favourite shows are from Saskatchewan! I had totally forgotten that fact.

I like Little Mosque more, but Corner Gas is my second favourite show.

Two homegrown and really popular Canadian shows.

YAY!!!
Topic

Winnipeg, Canada

#4 Dec 7, 2008
So is this topic about the Prairies, or about humor or about heartlands? how about hearts? Is it about hearts?

“The first free-roaming Oracle”

Since: Sep 08

Vancouger

#5 Dec 7, 2008
Or it could be stashes of LSD left over from the Weyburn experiments, originally funded by Tommy Douglas. (So that stubble jumper could giggle forever)
we dont pick headlines

Concord, Canada

#6 Dec 8, 2008
or not most of em : so find a Hearts forum in the search box to find out etc

eg. see above * Entertainment - Corner Gas, Comedy, Television
Hoping

Winnipeg, Canada

#7 Dec 8, 2008
So it appears that the topic is entertainment from or about the Prairies. Ah, I see. What about the sitcom Less than Kind filmed in Winnipeg.

Vancouger

#8 Dec 8, 2008
Hoping wrote:
So it appears that the topic is entertainment from or about the Prairies. Ah, I see. What about the sitcom Less than Kind filmed in Winnipeg.
You can actually post anything you want in a free speech forum unless it is focussed pure hate, I think.

Those who have not much to say or contruibute in a creative way, are beffuled by the complexity of human creative thought sometimes and therefore resentful because they can't follow it.

Then when they make an attempt to be clever like you did above. Except tit doesn't quite come off because unlike you I haven't mastered telepathy, yet.

"Ah, I see. What about the sitcom Less than Kind filmed in Winnipeg."

Maybe you see, but I honestly don't understand your reference nor the logic with which you apply it here.

You'll notice that my posts are a bit wordier than the average poster. This is because I don't believe that telepathy should be part of written communications and am operating under the impression that most people need to at least understand what I am speaking about and how I am connecting it to my argument, story, piece of communication.

Try writing as if you were speaking to a dummy like me who doesn't have the ability in extra sensory perception, yet.

So again you'll see that I have taken the time to be precise in my observations, conclusions, logical extrapolations, and carrying out an excercise upon which civilization is founded. Communications is what got us to the present moment from when we climbed down from the trees.

Don't you think that you should learn the basic rules before trying to float inscrutable concepts to us?

This is a reprimand, but not ment in anger. I'm wrapping your knuckles so that you might make the effort to learn this fine and necessary art: Communications in its written form.

One thing that will help is to read a lot and not just Anne Rice, either. Unless you have taken in the classics first, don't waste your time here.

It's the old syndrome of dumbing down to the level of the moronic believing crowd.

Have I made myself clear?
Less than Kind

Concord, Canada

#9 Dec 8, 2008
http://www.thestar.com/article/538611

Shows that might fill the void of post-Trailer Park comedy

Tuesday Nov 18 | The Toronto Star

With the recent announcement that the Trailer Park Boys are calling it quits at the end of this season, it has occurred to me that we are about to lose three of our most reliable sources of clever, topical ... Comment?

Related Topix: Comedy, Entertainment, Television, Saturday Night Live, Mark McKinney, Corner Gas, This Hour Has 22 Minutes

http://www.topix.com/wire/entertainment...

Vancouger

#10 Dec 8, 2008
Yes of course it is a tragedy. Thanks for pointing that out!

Although this show was entertainment it did portray the stupid dichotomy of fraudulent society.

My phrase "Humans are the fraudulent Apes"

This show was one of the few making us laugh at the fraud which helps to expose it to everyone!
more scams exposed maybe

Concord, Canada

#11 Dec 8, 2008
Lenny Bloom cloakanddagger

(3rd posting) BREAKING NEWS stewwebb.com June 22, 2007 Lenny Bloom-Nelson Thall- cloakanddagger.de Compromised? Lenny Bloom, Tom Heneghan and Stew Webb have ...

www.stewwebb.com/lenny_bloom_cloakanddagger_c...
GD 4 LYF

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#12 Dec 27, 2008
*shakes head* What the fuck are these comments after mine about?!?! The only one that was even relevant to the shows mentioned is MINE. The two before mine didn't even makes sense to this!

Guh. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only human who speaks English on some alien planet.

I'm 14, but is that what it's really like being an adult? All care about is the economy and shit? Wow. Sucks to be you. Come on! My parents dont' even talk about the economy, can't you guys deal with a little comedy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corner Gas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Twitter tirade: Ezra versus Brent Butt (Oct '13) Oct '13 is Ezra Levant a ... 1
News Billy Bishop heads for small screen (Nov '10) Nov '10 Tiverton 1
News Billy Bishop' goes to small screen with Remembr... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Tiverton 1
News Canada Reads unveils 2011 panel, books (Nov '10) Nov '10 Fahrenheit 451 1
News 'Corner Gas' finale tonight (Jul '08) Mar '10 The Beatles 4 LYF 2
News 'Flashpoint' takes top honours at 2009 Gemini A... (Nov '09) Nov '09 WendiW 2
News Butt puzzled by Gemini nom snub (Aug '09) Aug '09 North America 1
More from around the web