Television drags its feet on diversity

Jun 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: SFGate

Cedric the Entertainer and Niecy Nash star in a new, nicely assembled and almost old-fashioned sitcom about a former R&B singer who becomes a preacher in middle age.

Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Jul 3, 2012

“Black Luv or Bust!”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Judged:

Fck television...turn that sorry Mofo off!

If they refuse to show AA...together....not all hugged up and in bed with every and anything nonblack...then I say turn that piece of shyt off!

I watch very little if any tube...it's all bullshit!

Every damn week there's some new piece of trash show about more white people...now don't get me wrong...of course there should be whites on television...they run the networks and are the majority of the population but come on...dayum...you'd think that all black people just up and step onto a rocket to Mars then found a new way of life there!

*AND NO I DON'T WANT TO SEE BLACK FOLKS ALWAYS WITH WHITES...ALL WAYS IN THEIR DAMN FACES,IN THEIR HOMES AND THEIR BEDS....GTFOH WITH THAT SHYT...MOST BM AND BW ARE WITH EACH OTHER OR LOOKING FOR EACH OTHER...

BUT HAVE THESE MOFOS TELL IT...WE'RE ALL LOOKING FOR THEM!

IT'S JUST MORE CONDITIONING AND BRAINWASHING DESIGNED TO TEACH OUR CHILDREN TO VALUE WHITES!

TURN THAT MOFO OOOOOOOOFF!
mojo jojo

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

i know that show with cedric the entertainer looks like pure tyler perry-esq garbage. more cooning for non blacks and blacks who think anything with blacks in it is a good show/movie. there are far better black shows on the internet (youtube) than anything you'll find on t.v.
mojo jojo

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

yes op, i too am very trouble by the lack of black on black couples on t.v., particularly on shows targeting teens and tweens.
Whitey

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

I only watch History Channel so I don't have to worry about this bullshit.

“Black Luv or Bust!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

mojo jojo wrote:
i know that show with cedric the entertainer looks like pure tyler perry-esq garbage. more cooning for non blacks and blacks who think anything with blacks in it is a good show/movie. there are far better black shows on the internet (youtube) than anything you'll find on t.v.
*The game plan is to train/condition AA to just be thankful for seeing any black face on the tube...in any situation with anyone...by starving us first...so that when we do see black people we just take what they give us!

Like I said...fck television turn that sorry shyt off!
Bruhman

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Moorspeaks wrote:
If they refuse to show AA...together....not all hugged up and in bed with every and anything nonblack...then I say turn that piece of shyt off!
Every damn week there's some new piece of trash show about more white people...now don't get me wrong...of course there should be whites on television...they run the networks and are the majority of the population but come on...dayum...you'd think that all black people just up and step onto a rocket to Mars then found a new way of life there!
*AND NO I DON'T WANT TO SEE BLACK FOLKS ALWAYS WITH WHITES...ALL WAYS IN THEIR DAMN FACES,IN THEIR HOMES AND THEIR BEDS....GTFOH WITH THAT SHYT...MOST BM AND BW ARE WITH EACH OTHER OR LOOKING FOR EACH OTHER...
IT'S JUST MORE CONDITIONING AND BRAINWASHING DESIGNED TO TEACH OUR CHILDREN TO VALUE WHITES!
True dat! "For once I'd like to see a dark MFer as a News Anchor and a brotha that is not gay looking and acting on American Idol.

“Hating Gives You Wrinkles”

Since: Mar 12

The Sequel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

yes.up have been noticing that they like to sore a lot of ir couples/hookups on television..the show "single ladies" is a prime example.. It's a show about a group of successful black women (and one white woman) who hook up with several men of different races/ethnicities,living the "high life;" most of the men are usually everything, but white, from biracial men to persian/middle eastern looking men and the white woman desires black men so much that she has constant wet dreams of being with black men....I said to myself, "what is up with all these foreign men???"

“Hating Gives You Wrinkles”

Since: Mar 12

The Sequel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Bruhman wrote:
<quoted text>True dat! "For once I'd like to see a dark MFer as a News Anchor and a brotha that is not gay looking and acting on American Idol.
Is it bruhman from the 5th floor?*holding up four fingers*:)

Sorry :) I had to do it lol....
Bruhman

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

__jaz__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it bruhman from the 5th floor?*holding up four fingers*:)
Sorry :) I had to do it lol....
What?
Les

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Cedric the Entertainer and Niecy Nash

Here we go again. Two ugly obese blacks shuckin fo da whity.
mojo jojo

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Les wrote:
Cedric the Entertainer and Niecy Nash
Here we go again. Two ugly obese blacks shuckin fo da whity.
niecy isn't ugly, but cedric.....meh. Not my type. And he's only funny to white people.
phil463

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

Everything on this thread is so very true.
voteearlyvoteoft en

Portsmouth, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

mojo jojo wrote:
<quoted text> niecy isn't ugly, but cedric.....meh. Not my type. And he's only funny to white people.
Ummm, no.

White folks don't think he's funny either.......
mojo jojo

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

voteearlyvoteoften wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm, no.
White folks don't think he's funny either.......
then how the fluck does he keep making movies and getting t.v. shows?
voteearlyvoteoft en

Portsmouth, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

mojo jojo wrote:
<quoted text> then how the fluck does he keep making movies and getting t.v. shows?
If I knew the answer to that I could quit my day job.......
mojo jojo

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

voteearlyvoteoften wrote:
<quoted text>
If I knew the answer to that I could quit my day job.......
truth

“Black Luv or Bust!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

“Black Luv or Bust!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Moorspeaks wrote:
only shows we allow at this house are children's shows and science based ones.
we learned early that primetime shows that are on the main networks are full of filth. be it words and or actions. we do not want that to invade our daughter's mind.

“Black Luv or Bust!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
only shows we allow at this house are children's shows and science based ones.
we learned early that primetime shows that are on the main networks are full of filth. be it words and or actions. we do not want that to invade our daughter's mind.
We have Essentially done the exact same thing...we've never really allowed our children to watch much television...because we wanted them to actually read books...ask inteligent questions and understand the real world around them and with the tube...it's all garbage...designed to keep you and your child on a fifth grade level!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Community Discussions

Search the Community Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
White House correspondents dinner 2014: Big nam... May '14 Sterkfontein Swartkrans 9
Obamacare To Gridlock, Fair Game For Obama's Jokes May '14 Jack Schortz 22
'Community' cast on behind-the-scenes turmoil (Mar '13) Mar '13 WMCOL 1
'Community' stars on what to expect next (Mar '13) Mar '13 maugeredson 1
'Community' 'Alternative History of the German ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Eddie 1
'American Idol' Premiere: Dueling Divas In NYC (Jan '13) Jan '13 PeayGirl016 1
Is Putting Politics On Display Bad For Business? (Sep '12) Oct '12 harvey 107
•••
•••
•••