'Family Ties' Star Meredith Baxter Marries Partner

There are 47 comments on the EDGE story from Dec 9, 2013, titled 'Family Ties' Star Meredith Baxter Marries Partner. In it, EDGE reports that:

Actress Meredith Baxter, best known for her role as Elyse Keaton on the '80s sitcom "Family Ties," married her longtime partner Nancy Locke, People magazine reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Melvin

Montrιal, Canada

#1 Dec 9, 2013
Disgusting.
david traversa

Argentina

#3 Dec 9, 2013
Love la Baxter .. a terrific actress and a charming personality . It must be one of the most successful careers of our times and she fully deserves every possible honor and praise ; of course , envy follows ( like a faithful dog ) such people's steps ; but isn't that always the case ?

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#4 Dec 9, 2013
No Doubt wrote:
The old crow couldn't find a man that would want her so she settled for a filthy a:ss dyke. Disgusting.
It BOTHERS you that she's not with someone that YOU would choose FOR her? Your nosiness and sense of entitlement over the lives of others is what's disgusting.

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#6 Dec 9, 2013
No Doubt wrote:
You're a delusional stupid lDlOT.
Yet here you are, following along... upset that you weren't even considered in a woman's options...

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#8 Dec 9, 2013
WOW
amw

Pottstown, PA

#9 Dec 9, 2013
Congraduation

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#10 Dec 9, 2013
Congrats, girl!
Gladys Kravitz

Castro Valley, CA

#11 Dec 9, 2013
No Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
And I thought you were smarter than to say something that stupid!! Sorta like me saying to you. Yet here you are, following along wishing there was a little boy involved so you could fantasize about him! Makes as much sense.
If that "analogy" makes sense to you, you have a serious stupidity problem.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#12 Dec 9, 2013
Congratulations to the both of them! May they have a long and happy MARRIAGE!

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#14 Dec 9, 2013
Pattysboi wrote:
Congratulations to the both of them! May they have a long and happy MARRIAGE!
I hear the next movie she's starring in is Joe Francis' "Granny Lesbians Gone Wild !" :)

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#15 Dec 9, 2013
No Doubt wrote:
And I thought you were smarter than to say something that stupid!!
Pursuing conversation with you is a dicey decision, I'll admit. There's very little chance of anything productive coming from it.
No Doubt wrote:
Sorta like me saying to you.
Saying... what? Part of your sentence appears to be missing.
No Doubt wrote:
Yet here you are, following along wishing there was a little boy involved so you could fantasize about him! Makes as much sense.
None of that makes any sense. If someone was looking to exploit male minors, why would they come to an article about a lesbian?

For that matter, if YOU'RE hoping to catch someone trying to exploit male children, why are YOU hanging out on a headline about a lesbian marriage? Why aren't you at least on a dating site, instead of a headline aggregator site? Why aren't you offering your skills to Chris Hansen and the producers of To Catch a Predator, or to your local PD? Are you just THAT committed to wasting your efforts in the least effective venues?

Is there just no one in your local vicinity to slander and insult? Were you just not getting enough bites at your usual favorite gay male sites, so you went desperately looking for lesbians to harass?

What DOES make sense about you? You're upset that a celebrity is married to someone you don't approve of, even though they're both consenting adults, so to vent your frustration you insult strangers with hilariously juvenile sexual accusations. One wonders what you do with the rest of your time that remains when you're not chasing gay headlines. Tell me about your OTHER hobbies.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#16 Dec 10, 2013
david traversa wrote:
It must be one of the most successful careers of our times
Are you serious?

Spouse(s)
Robert Lewis Bush
(1966–1969, divorced); 2 children
David Birney
(1974–1989, divorced); 3 children
Michael Blodgett
(1995–2000, divorced);
Nancy Locke (m. 2013)

That is the marriage record of one sick homo.

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#17 Dec 10, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Are you serious?
Spouse(s)
Robert Lewis Bush
David Birney
Michael Blodgett
(1995–2000, divorced);
Nancy Locke (m. 2013)
Imagine if she could have been told to avoid all that from the very beginning.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#20 Dec 10, 2013
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine if she could have been told to avoid all that from the very beginning.
Why would she have to be told?
NE Jane

Pittsfield, MA

#21 Dec 10, 2013
The sexual device industry is soaring! Rubber dubbers for everybody!!!!

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#22 Dec 10, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Why would she have to be told?
Gee, I don't know. Could it have anything to do with the millions of people who mistakenly feel qualified to tell gay people that they're mentally ill, or unnatural, or broken, or evil? Especially considering the state of that attitude in the 70's?

It would save a lot of broken marriages if gay people were (and always had been) encouraged to be themselves and to seek out much more suitable partners.

Then again, maybe not. I'm not sure there's anything wrong with her marriage record, judging by the heterosexual average. Rush Limbaugh has an eerily similar marriage record. Does that make HIM "one sick homo" also?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#23 Dec 10, 2013
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, I don't know. Could it have anything to do with the millions of people who mistakenly feel qualified to tell gay people that they're mentally ill, or unnatural, or broken, or evil? Especially considering the state of that attitude in the 70's?
It would save a lot of broken marriages if gay people were (and always had been) encouraged to be themselves and to seek out much more suitable partners.
Then again, maybe not. I'm not sure there's anything wrong with her marriage record, judging by the heterosexual average. Rush Limbaugh has an eerily similar marriage record. Does that make HIM "one sick homo" also?
Was she forced to marry men? Was she forced to marry at all?
On marriage records, lesbian divorce far exceeds all other divorce in the Netherlands. It will happen here too.

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#24 Dec 10, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Was she forced to marry men? Was she forced to marry at all?
Many gay people are, and have been, forced to live lives that don't suit them in the least. Maybe not physically forced to stand at the altar, but coerced through social force, familial force. Threats of shunning, of financial withholding, even threats of kicking minors out of their homes. Many gay people are, and have been, forced to believe that they should pursue lives (including spouses) which make those AROUND them happy.

I think this is something you'll never understand. You never went through anything like this, but more importantly it hardly seems like you care that this happens. You seem more like the type to issue the threats.
Wondering wrote:
On marriage records, lesbian divorce far exceeds all other divorce in the Netherlands. It will happen here too.
And I should care about that... why?

Why do YOU even care? Your issue was that she divorced too many MEN, not women. If she never divorces her new wife, will you be first in line to admit that she's finally on the right path to happiness? Somehow I doubt that this would ever be your reaction to a successful same-sex marriage.
david traversa

Argentina

#25 Dec 10, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious?
Spouse(s)
Robert Lewis Bush
David Birney
Michael Blodgett
(1995–2000, divorced);
Nancy Locke (m. 2013)
Can't you read ?! I wrote " successful CAREER(s).. What she did in her private life , or is doing right now , is none of my ( or your ) business .
Barney Frankenfooter

Pittsfield, MA

#26 Dec 10, 2013
david traversa wrote:
<quoted text>Can't you read ?! I wrote " successful CAREER(s).. What she did in her private life , or is doing right now , is none of my ( or your ) business .
That's not what the Boy Scouts said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Comedy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Genie Francis returning to iconic role of Laura... 8 hr Naomi 2
News David Letterman gets handcuffed to George Clooney 8 hr Kid_Tomorrow 2
News Amy Schumer skewers anti-vaxxer parents: 'I got... 13 hr New Perspective 3
News David Letterman's 33-year journey from cult her... Thu Chuckles 6
News Brandi Glanville makes rude racist joke; says b... (Nov '14) May 20 Moorspeaks 58
News Male Cat Nurtures Kittens Abandoned in Southeas... May 20 Wolftracks 4
News TV Guy: Diane Sawyer has 'news' chat with Bruce... May 18 Tazo 1
More from around the web