Who's Gay On TV? Dads, Journalists, Investigators And Footmen

Jan 2, 2013 | Posted by: Rick in Kansas | Full story: nhpr.org

The pop culture gay flavor of the minute? White gay dads.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
SLIF

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Just wikipedia it,and find out.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

There's more to the answer to that question than what you can learn from Wikipedia.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Yeah, but a lot of people seem to still think the television is smarter. Not sure why.
Chance

Grove City, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

I never see any gay men with kids, babies or gaybies in real life. They are pushing a new stereotype that they want to exists, not that really exists in most people's lives.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Chance wrote:
I never see any gay men with kids, babies or gaybies in real life. They are pushing a new stereotype that they want to exists, not that really exists in most people's lives.
In Pennsylvania? You wouldn't.

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Chance wrote:
Another idiotic remark based not on what is true but on what you wish were true. OF COURSE you don't see any gays with children in Grove City. No self-respecting gay couple would raise their kids in a place like that. Why would loving parents subject their kids to people like you?

My neighborhood has plenty of gay couples with kids, but we're relatively short on the bigots so prevalent in your run-down hick town, a place so backward that by your own admission, even Greyhound won't stop there. Stop posting stupidity on subjects about which you know nothing.
Chance

Grove City, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

GoldenGator wrote:
<quoted text>
Another idiotic remark based not on what is true but on what you wish were true. OF COURSE you don't see any gays with children in Grove City. No self-respecting gay couple would raise their kids in a place like that. Why would loving parents subject their kids to people like you?
My neighborhood has plenty of gay couples with kids, but we're relatively short on the bigots so prevalent in your run-down hick town, a place so backward that by your own admission, even Greyhound won't stop there. Stop posting stupidity on subjects about which you know nothing.
I would venture to say there are way more "hick towns" like Grove City in the USA than there are neighborhoods like yours in San Francisco. As you say, gay people avoid places like this and congregate themselves in certain neighborhoods in certain cities. Your world is real to you; mine is real to me. Which one is most prevalent? BTW, we live near the intersection of two major interstates and almost everybody has a car. We don't need Greyhound.
SLIF

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
I would venture to say there are way more "hick towns" like Grove City in the USA than there are neighborhoods like yours in San Francisco. As you say, gay people avoid places like this and congregate themselves in certain neighborhoods in certain cities. Your world is real to you; mine is real to me. Which one is most prevalent? BTW, we live near the intersection of two major interstates and almost everybody has a car. We don't need Greyhound.
The next door neighbour (father ) on Leave It To Beaver,was gay off camera.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

SLIF wrote:
The next door neighbour (father ) on Leave It To Beaver,was gay off camera.
Chance probably knows more than a few of those, but is just too dense to catch on. There's got to be more than a few Fred Rutherfords in Mayfield, I mean Grove City.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
So, your argument is "My gang is bigger than your gang"?

I mean really?
Shania

Eagle Pass, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

My best friend and his partner are married in New York and have an adoptive son. And my other gay male friend was married to his wife who died in a car accident but had a child and now is married to another gay man and live together. It's not stereotype because they're out there. You just have to know who they are. The singer Ricky Martin and Patrick Harris are both gay men and have kids with their male partners too.
Chance wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••