Ellen wants to talk to everyday people

Full story: 24 Hours Toronto

Ellen Degeneres wants to reach a few personal goals during the fourth season of her Emmy-winning syndicated daytime talk show, which began Monday.
Comments
581 - 600 of 600 Comments Last updated Aug 9, 2013
First Prev
of 30
Next Last
Barbara Jordan

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2008

I saw on your show that you will clear up song lyrics that we don't quite understand. I'm a little unclear about AC/DC's "Dirty deeds...done with sheep", and the deeper voice singing, "Dirty deeps in the jungle deep..." I'm confused. Do sheep really live in the jungle? Another song I don't understand is Shania Twain's "I'm meeting you forever in the hallways..." The other day I'm sure I heard Kurt Cobain of Nirvana sing, "I'm not kvetching..." in some song I didn't catch the name of (or is it, some song of which I didn't catch the name?-- would Mama know?) Anyhoo, are these really the lyrics, or do I need to trade in my $1.98 hearing aid? Thanks for your help.
Barbara Jordan

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2008

Dear Ellen, I saw your show last week where you offered to clear up song lyrics we just don't understand. I have a question about AC/DC's "Dirty deed... done with sheep", and the deeper voice that sings, "Dirty deeds in the jungle deep..." I'm confused. Do sheep really live in the jungle? Also I have a question about Shania Twain's "Im meeting you forever in the hallways..." Is that right? Last week, I'm sure I heard Kurt Cobain of Nirvana sing a chorus of "I'm not kvetching..." in a song I didn't catch the name of,(or is that some song of which I did not catch the name? Ask Mama). Anyhoo, are these really the lyrics, or do I need to trade in my $1.98 hearing aid? Thanks for your help. Luv ya, Barb
Severa Cruz

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2008

Dear Ellen,I just wanted to let you know that your show brightens up my day .When your show starts I smile from when it starts till the show ends,and believe me I really need the smile.I see your show everyday.I especially love the dancing.I am a mother of 5 children my 5 year old has down syndrome,and 2 of my kids have learning disabilities,and my husband became disabled,I have a busy life so when I need a smile I see your show.We live in a 2 bedroom trailor in Beeville,Texas.I would really like to hear from you,can you email me at my son email@TonyCruz@yahoo.com it would really make my day. Sincerly,Severa Cruz
Catherine Gullia-Riggs

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

Hi Ellen, I would like to make you an offer..I just went through the whole process of breast cancer. I lost all my hair & now it has grown back & I love my hair real short like it is now.I've been a hairdresser for 30+ years My offer is this ,I'd like to cut your hair & anyone else in the audience for any donations that I would give it all to cancer research. I am very good at what I do so no-one has to worry if they will get a good cut. I will supply my own scissors & spray bottle. Please call ... Congratulations!!on your engagement.
ines hellendall

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2008

I am the mother of a borderline Autistic young married who go married last December in a civil ceremony, and they have a baby boy almost 5 months old. He would like to write a documentary about his life and use the wedding wows and honeymoon at the end of his story and help other families with his background and how he got here today. He needs a grant to do all this, and a car, and would like to have a "Non'traditional Production" and use retirned actors, directors, and the handicapped in any capacity, and ultimately raise funds to build a home for adults with families, and have the production office there too. We will call it the Ellen Dorms in your honor,k would prefver LA, but Arizona would be OK, or Las Vegas.

Hope you get your wedding too.

Love,

Ines Hellendall
ines LV

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2008

e mail
hellendall.ines@gmail.com
Mother of Autistic young man.
Jane Raburn

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2008

Dear Ellen, May I ask you when are you are going to have the runner up to American Idol on. I watch your show nearly every day and you have had all the ones that got voted off, but for David Archuleta. I still think he has lots of fans out there that loved his singing. I personally think, that both David's were great and I think that people need to take a page out of their book on how to get along. It makes me feel bad to hear people put such a great talent down because of his age. If anyone would really listen to him, he dose have a amazing voice. I really don't think you'll see this, but if so I for one wish you have him on your show. My e-mail address is janeraburn@hotmail.com Thank you for your time.
Peter young

Dover, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Dear Ellen i have a story for you Probley here this all the time my Daughter is a single mom. She has to Gereat kids and she working her way through School on her own. She Needs a Car real Bad she drives at 45 Minutes to School each way she cant afford a new one could you help here please help. Peter Young
Peter young

Dover, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2008

Dear Ellen i watch you show everyday because you put a smile on my face. I have a daughter that i have not seen for about 3 years she could use help in getting Car could you help please.
judy hodder canada

Wadena, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2008

Hi Ellen
i am in a gay marriage and am thankful for openminded friends and family.I wish all gays could have the love and support as i do.If you are ever in canada please come to saskatchewan and enjoy a couple of relaxing awesome fun days with us .Bring your other half as well.hey you might even want to make a show of it after you see how warped minded we are ,no worries its allinnocent lol.Stay real Luvs ya EHH!!!!!!!!!!
judy hodder canada

Wadena, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2008

JULY 2o 2008
Hey ellen,me again lol forgot to mention to bring some fishin gear when you come.If you cant make it could you at least send a full size cardboard of you so we can bring it fishin with us and send you a clip of what you would be missin.Hey!! we could be your canuck contacts.

LUV Tania(my wife),Dianne(my awesome closest friend) and me Jude
judy hodder

Wadena, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2008

Oh MY Gawddddddddd!!!! I am soooooooooo dense .I forgot to give you my Email address in case youread my messages and wanna reply to the invite
Ok its raven867@hotmail.com.
ANYWAYYYYYYYYYYYYY Hugs to for now
Lana Gregg HELENDALE CA

Victorville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2008

DEAR ELLEN
ON JULY 4,2008 MY MOM WENT INTO I.C.U. I SPENT EVERY DAY WITH HER UNTIL SHE PASSED JULY 10, BEING THE HARDEST THING I HAVE EVER HAD TO DO! BEING THE YOUNGEST DAUGHTER THIS WAS EXTREMELY HEART-WRENCHING TO WATCH! I LITERALLY FELT THIS WAS SOMETHING I WOULD NEVER GET OVER! THE DAY AFTER SHE PASSED, SOME FAMILY MEMBERS WENT OUT FOR PIZZA, NEVER FEELING LIKE I WOULD SMILE AGAIN, AS WE STEPPED INTO THIS PIZZA PLACE YOUR SHOW WAS ON, YOU WERE AN INSPIRATION THAT DAY, I SMILED AND LAUGHED FOR THE ENTIRE HOUR, IT MADE MY FAMILY SMILE TO SEE ME SMILE!! SINCE THAT DAY I HAVE NOT MISSED YOUR SHOW ATLEAST I KNOW FOR ONE HOUR IN A DAY I WILL BE ABLE TO SURPASS THIS PAIN!!!! WITH THAT MY GIRLFRIEND AND I HAVE DECIDED TO GET MARRIED ON MY MOM AND DADS ANNIVERSERY SEPT. 12, AND THE PASTOR WHO SPOKE AT MOMS SERVICE WILL PERFORM OUR WEDDING (PROVIDING HE AGREES TO DO A GAY MARRIAGE, HAVENT BROKE THAT NEWS TO HIM YET) I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU FOR YOUR INSPIRATION IN SOOO MANY WAYS!!!
Douglas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2008

Ellen, my Wife would love to be on your show. She has only been in the USA for 2yrs from the Philippines. Meeting you in person would be a dream come true for her. If at all possible, could you please consider inviting her to meet you? Thank you for your time and consideration regarding the above request. Have a wonderful evening and Congradulations on your Marriage.
tootiefruitie69

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2011

Hi Ellen my name is shiquiata and me in my girlfriend has Ben going threw some emotional problems. On April 10th I had got into a Horrible car accident with my best friend and two weeks later on the 20th my best committed suicide: ( its Ben a sad month for me n my girlfriend. I was just wondering if you can help us out with ANYTHING..... tickets to you're show would make us so effing happy :*) and put a big smile on are faces.. luv ya Ellen
tootiefruitie69

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2011

Oops I forgot to put my email address lol bshiquiata@yahoo.com luv ya Ellen
Biljana Zovkic

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Hi Ellen ,

For love of a God, please check out my book and help out to get people interested in it :)
"THE WORLD OF MY VOICE"
Please check me out on www.biljanazovkic.wordpress.com

I love you Ellen (even though i see my post from 2007 that you didn't look at :().

You are making me smile ...or i better say laugh, every day. 5867

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Eleen's not as godd as it used to be...it used to be entertainment, but now she has this ego thing going on, about giving money and cars to every sob story, that writes to her.....Anyone here, remember...Queen for a Day?
dognes

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

youtube.com/watch... ok lets talk to Ellen?
ella

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

My ex-boyfriend dumped me a week ago after I accused him of seeing someone else and insulting him. I want him back in my life but he refuse to have any contact with me. I was so confuse and don't know what to do, so I reach to the internet for help and I saw a testimony of how a spell caster help them to get their ex back so I contact the spell caster and explain my problem to him and he cast a spell for me and assure me of 3days that my ex will return to me and to my greatest surprise the third day my ex came knocking on my door and beg for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married. Once again thank you MALLAM ABUDU spell. You are truly talented and gifted. Email: mallamabudu_spiritualhealer@ya hoo.com is the only answer. He can be of great help and I will not stop publishing him because he is a wonderful man

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 30
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Comedy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
General Hospital Spoilers: Fake Luke's Identity... 2 hr amw 4
Today's News: Our Take - Melody Thomas Scott Di... (Apr '13) 2 hr dmw 45
La Toya Jackson shock interview on The Talk, Je... (May '13) 3 hr goodvibrations 29
Melody Top Music Theater: In gentler times, Hil... (Jun '09) 14 hr StarMountainKId 19
SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) 17 hr NEWORLDORDERPLAN2... 1,148
'South Park' Guys Aid 'Kenny vs. Spenny' - Matt... (Dec '07) 20 hr ben 29
CBS to air tribute to the Grand Dame of Young a... (May '13) 21 hr dmw 5
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Comedy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••