Five Decades of Anti-Cuban Inanity

Jun 4, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Counterpunch

In 1991, the Soviet Union disappeared. Washington changed its anti-Cuba rhetoric from Cold War to human rights.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Rata

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

"The “punish Cuba” policy, now 53, has grown gray and became downright inane in the 1980s when Reagan transferred day-to-day Cuba policy to right wing Cuban-Americans in Miami – except, of course, when periodic crises erupted. But underneath this apparent idiocy lies a more pernicious absurdity"

I agree the only one's to benefit from this failed right wing policy have been ironically the Castro's themselves and the assorted self serving con artist Miami Cuban politicos who do nothing but line their own "Cuba libre" pockets while doing nothing for miami.

I do find it ironic but typical of many of these "want to be" white Spaniard Miami Cubans who praise Spain even though Spain has ignored every embargo against Castro and to a large extent supported his regime in the form of massive tourism money.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

I was a teenager when Fidel fought in the Oriente. I recall the "Movmiente de Viente Seis De Julio" (Movement of July twenty six), The attack on the Moncada Barracks. I wanted to join him. But most of all, I recall the Havana show Trials held in the huge open sports stadium. How many Cubans who disagreed with Castro were ordered "To the Wall" (Executed) How many Americans? I know of at least one, William Morgan (Google)
In 1997, at the 50th anniversary of the UN, Castro came to NY.
I called at the NY radio talk shows and spread the name of William Morgan as best I could, all over the airwaves. Many older Cubans called in favorable response. I know that Fidel speaks English and I knew he would have his minions monitoring the radio stations for "Yankee" response to his presence. I hope I opened an old wound and rubbed salt into it!
Regards, Terri
Rata wrote:
"The “punish Cuba” policy, now 53, has grown gray and became downright inane in the 1980s when Reagan transferred day-to-day Cuba policy to right wing Cuban-Americans in Miami – except, of course, when periodic crises erupted. But underneath this apparent idiocy lies a more pernicious absurdity"
I agree the only one's to benefit from this failed right wing policy have been ironically the Castro's themselves and the assorted self serving con artist Miami Cuban politicos who do nothing but line their own "Cuba libre" pockets while doing nothing for miami.
I do find it ironic but typical of many of these "want to be" white Spaniard Miami Cubans who praise Spain even though Spain has ignored every embargo against Castro and to a large extent supported his regime in the form of massive tourism money.

“Abbiamo Vinto”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Cherokee gilipollas y Mojon!
Teaching You

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Rata wrote:
No Rata is not "The Cuba Punish Policy it is The Castro Punish Policy!
Being of a white Cuban odf Spaniards descendance is not a matter of choice,either you are or you are not!! In your case you are not Cuban ,you are a Domican and you are not white you are an 'Indio Moreno'(Charcoal Black)!

“Abbiamo Vinto”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Cherokee gilipollas y Mojon!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cold War Discussions

Search the Cold War Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Obama, Cuba's Raul Castro greet each other with... Apr 14 conservative crapola 14
The Sandbaggers Mar 30 Will Dockery 1
Obama: 'Trust, but verify' on Putin's Syria plan (Sep '13) Sep '13 Guido 2
Obama: 'We Don't Have A Domestic Spying Program' (Aug '13) Sep '13 Huh 11
Obama 'disappointed' in Russia's decision to gr... (Aug '13) Sep '13 Reynaldo Paetz 49
Pa. man charged with setting fire to pet ferrets (Aug '13) Aug '13 Cats Burn Better 1
Obama laments 'backward' Russian thinking (Aug '13) Aug '13 hello sailor 1
•••
•••
•••