Anti-Americanism key to Putin's campaign

There are 17 comments on the WHDH story from Feb 17, 2012, titled Anti-Americanism key to Putin's campaign. In it, WHDH reports that:

It's a key mantra of Vladimir Putin's presidential campaign: The United States is working to weaken Russia and push it back into the chaos that followed the Soviet collapse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHDH.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#1 Feb 17, 2012
Sad thing is...he's probably right. The United States can't mind its own damn business. It spends more time worrying about other countries than its own. Which is a big reason why our nation is falling apart at the seams.
Who

Chicago, IL

#2 Feb 17, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
Sad thing is...he's probably right. The United States can't mind its own damn business. It spends more time worrying about other countries than its own. Which is a big reason why our nation is falling apart at the seams.
You have only Obastard and the nosy liberal "do-gooders" for that.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#3 Feb 17, 2012
Putin starting to look like a 21st century, Stalin......

“Trump fixing Obama's mess”

Since: Mar 09

& Making America Great Again!

#4 Feb 17, 2012
So what? Anti-Communism is key to Santorum's campaign.

Russia's so called elections are joke anyway.

#5 Feb 17, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
Putin starting to look like a 21st century, Stalin......
Yes but modern day totalitarians/dictators/stalin ists are a laughable oxymoron these days.

Just ask Mubarack and Gaddaffi.

#6 Feb 17, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
Their business IS our business.

Go ask mommy to tell you how that works.

Never mind, shes probably just as stupid as you.

Since: Aug 10

Hugoton

#7 Feb 17, 2012
What's the difference between Putin's Playbook and this current regime occupying the whitehouse...

#8 Feb 17, 2012
radar814 wrote:
What's the difference between Putin's Playbook and this current regime occupying the whitehouse...
One is slightly dumber than the other.
Smokin Joe Obama

Wasilla, AK

#9 Feb 17, 2012
SAY WHAT YA ALL?, I THOUGHT THAT WAS THE KEY to my CAMPAIGN?

Sincerely,

B.H. BLOWHARD OBAMA
Smokin Joe Obama

Wasilla, AK

#10 Feb 17, 2012
My wife was NEVER proud of America!

Sincerely,

B.H. BLOWHARD Obama
altermotive meds

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#11 Feb 17, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
whu id dat? Beerack Pitin from USSA ;-00000
DENG

Zhenjiang, China

#13 Feb 17, 2012

WHILE THE U.S. ECONOMY CRUMBLES INTO DUST ITS LEADERSHIP HAS ITS THOUGHTS ABROAD.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#15 Feb 18, 2012
....Deng...PAID TO POST.....
Mothra

United States

#16 Feb 18, 2012
radar814 wrote:
I was wondering the same thing... why isn't Putin running on his record?

Why isn't Obama?
Moliner

El Centro, CA

#17 Feb 19, 2012
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
I was wondering the same thing... why isn't Putin running on his record?
Why isn't Obama?
Hard to run on a record that's in the toilet.
Observer_007

Adelaide, Australia

#18 Feb 20, 2012
It is easy to kick out one person like Putin, but I am 100 % certain that Russians would regret that for two reasons.

Firstly, oil and gas will come under US control, just like Khodorkovsky planned it. Then the profits will no longer benefit the Russian people (who have a lot of catching up to do) but benefit US oligarchs, not the US population. Russia cannot afford to have these profits skimmed off like they skimmed them off Iran before 1979.

A united and prosperous Europe has never been in America's interest, so a potential US oil and gas ownership could and would be used to weaken Europe. We see this winter what the consequences of playing with Russian gas could be. A US owner of Russian oil/gas could and would then exercise influence to delete a financial transaction tax, which ironically came into being after the US financial industry had too much influence that was not used responsibly - they messed up the world big time.

Putin is the lesser evil, or do we really hand all powers to Wall Street? Once the power is transferred to Wall Street, you have also lost your democracy, irrevocably. People like Putin rule for a limited time.

The second reason to keep Putin, or another resolute man, is Chechnya. If you loosen the grip on Chechnya, you get another rogue state. One of the heroin routes from Afghanistan to Western Europe goes through Chechnya, and if you allow these people to do what they like, you might find much of Russia and Europe awash with heroin.

Putin is the lesser evil and I hope, Russians start understanding that. Democracy is all very nice, but you can't eat it, and until we can devise a democracy that is not run by the 1 %, we need to be very careful.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#19 Feb 21, 2012
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
You have only Obastard and the nosy liberal "do-gooders" for that.
Of course. No other president in American history has ever created international turmoil. Considering this country has been at war or conflict with another country since it's creation, any contribution from Obama is fairly minimal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cold War Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Russia urges US to mend ties even as it slashes... (Jul '17) Jul '17 Chaotic Trump Team 2
News Intelligence Agencies Ask Americans to "Trust, ... (Jan '17) Mar '17 ZIO DBL STD 48
News Cuba's Raul Castro blasts Trump's Mexican wall ... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Dee Dee Dee 4
News Ottawa approved secret RCMP phone-tapping durin... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Sargeant Renfrew ... 1
News Dems Fear Trump Will Turn Gov't Propaganda Arm ... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Cordwainer Trout 2
News Russian TV Fans War Hysteria as U.S. Ties Hit P... (Oct '16) Oct '16 DESPERATE LOSER P... 1
News Iran receives first part of missile defense sys... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Jeff Brightone 1