Inspired by character on NBC show 'Ch...

Inspired by character on NBC show 'Chuck,' man goes from Smith to Awesome

There are 6 comments on the story from Dec 6, 2010, titled Inspired by character on NBC show 'Chuck,' man goes from Smith to Awesome. In it, reports that:

An Oregon man has had an Awesome name change. Douglas Allen Smith Jr. says he changed his name to Captain Awesome last month because he was inspired by the nickname of a character on the NBC television show "Chuck" - Dr.

Join the discussion below, or

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Dec 6, 2010
That'll look good on his job applications. Mr. Captain Awesome

Columbus, OH

#2 Dec 6, 2010
What a D-Bag...

“..Clinton?....Tr ump?....”

Since: Jun 08

...who GAF?.....go cubbies!...

#3 Dec 6, 2010
With folks like this in the world, why should WE worry about the unemployed, the deficit, the wars, the Congre$$, or the future, for that matter.

Folks like this guy certainly aren't.

Or else, he figures everything is so messed up, why NOT change names. "What. Me worry?"

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#4 Dec 7, 2010
Now that's some self-confidence right there!

Since: Jun 11

#5 Jun 27, 2011
funny. how you will react if captain awesome is in your office.

Since: Jun 11

#6 Jun 27, 2011
link is not working

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chuck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Dance Moms' Is Bigger Than Ever (Jan '13) May '14 amw 56
News NBC Picks Up 'Chuck,' 'Life' - Freshman series ... (Sep '09) Apr '14 Dawgz70476 7
News 'Bonanza' memorabilia going up for auction in Nev. (Jun '13) Jun '13 A Thought 2
News Chuck: The Complete Fifth and Final Season (May '12) May '12 JosephMendiola 1
News 'Chuck' series finale: The end is a new beginning (Jan '12) Jan '12 mmmmmmmmm 2
News Happy 90th birthday, Betty White (Jan '12) Jan '12 Otis B Driftwood 1
News 10 Reasons To Keep 'Chuck' On The Air (May '09) Nov '11 lilygraceheminsley 3
More from around the web