"Atomic Betty" Returns to Television Worldwide in c. 2012/2013
Posted in the Children TV Forum
#1 Jun 12, 2012
According to some of the staff from Atomic Cartoons, Atomic Betty is finally returning to "CITV" (U.K.) around November 8, 2012, Canada's "Teletoon" channel (English and French versions) around December 6, 2012, "The Hub" (U.S.) and "The Hub en Espaņol" (U.S.) around January 3, 2013, and Time Warner's "Cartoon Network" channel in a few countries around January 10, 2013. The show's revival won't be on either the U.S. or U.K. versions of Time Warner's "Cartoon Network" channel, because the show has since been sold to "The Hub" (U.S.) and "CITV" (U.K.) respectively.
The voice cast given for the show's revived series itself are any of the following:
* Tajja Isen - Betty/Atomic Betty, Sarah
* Rick Miller - Sparky, Todd Phillips
* Bruce Hunter - Robot X-5
* Scott McCord - Charles "Chaz" Lang
* Kristina Nicoll - Betty's Mother, Mrs. Mystery, Iciclia, Zulia
* Patrick McKenna - Betty's Father
* Colin Fox - Maximus I.Q., Mr. Mystery
* Ashleigh Ball - Penelope Lang
* Robert Tinkler - Atomic Roger
* Peter Oldring - Duncan Payne
* Leah Cudhmore - Regeena Peterson
* Dwayne Hill - Spindly Tam "Soo-Soo" Kanushu, Principal Peterson, Robot B-1, Robot B-2, Mr. Parker, Minimus P.U., Dylan
* Laurie Elliott - Noah/Atomic Noah, Jr. Mystery
* Nicole Oliver - Mrs. Parker
* Cathy Weseluck - Sam
* Adrian Truss - Admiral DeGill
* Julie Lemieux - Megan, Amy/Atomic Amy
* Frank Welker (uncredited)- Various animals (including Purrsy, Baxter, Palette, and others)
Approx. 96 of the 104 half-hour episodes under 4 seasons each have 2 quarter-hour episodes, and the other 6 half-hour shows are 8 full half-hour episodes, which'll mark with a total of 200 episodes finally being planned and in-progress around July 4, 2012, which was since "Atomic Betty Redux" was being rejected when the show's revival will finally come up. The show's revival's full-hour Christmas special, "Atomic Betty: The No-L 9 1/2", will appear becoming the sequel to the show's full-hour Christmas special "Atomic Betty: The No-L 9", and'll last approx. 60 minutes, just like "Atomic Betty's Spooky Galactic Journey" (which'll also become a full-hour Halloween special as well). Both full-hour holiday specials were also being planned and in-progress around July 4, 2012, since "Atomic Betty Redux" was being rejected when the show's revival will finally come up. The show's revival itself will start with the first season premiere on Canada's "Teletoon" channel (English and French versions) and "CITV" (U.K.) around May 2, 2014, Time Warner's "Cartoon Network" channel in a few countries around May 9, 2014, and "The Hub" (U.S.) and "The Hub en Espaņol" (U.S.) around July 4, 2014. When the show's revival finally starts to come up since "Atomic Betty Redux" was being rejected around July 4, 2012, Shout! Factory finally has plans to release the first three seasons of "Atomic Betty" on DVD around c. 2014/2015, each with 26 half-hour shows being packed on 5 DVDs.
#2 Jun 12, 2012
Beginning with the fourth season of the show overall when becoming the first season of the show's revival, multiple changes were being given:
* The show's titular heroine's usual outfit is different than her appearance in the original series, and so she is no longer seen wearing either her yellow sweater with a white shirt underneath or her green knee-length short skirt, but the rest of her original usual outfit can still be worn on her body. Her new usual outfit consists of her yellow short-sleeved tee shirt with green highlights and a big green "nuclear" symbol on the center, and her bright blue long-leg full-length "pants/slacks" with light blue cuffs on bottom, although she is still seen wearing her standard Galactic Guardian uniform when on mission. Canadian actress/singer Tajja Isen is reprising her voice-over role as the show's titular heroine throughout the entire revived series version of "Atomic Betty"
* Betty's Mother still wears all of her usual outfit, but her white tacky animal-printed sleeveless top was being replaced with her light blue short-sleeve tee shirt with white highlights and a big white collar, tucked into the same pink pants she wears except with a white belt worn in-between her body, which has a ringed buckle in the same exact color as her pearled bracelet on one of her wrists, her pearled necklace on the bottom of her neck, and her rounded earrings on the bottom of her ears. Kristina Nicoll is reprising her voice-over role as Betty's Mother throughout the entire revived series version of "Atomic Betty"
* Noah Parker's space cadet "alter-ego" was being replaced with himself wearing his standard Galactic Guardian uniform when on mission, becoming his new alter-ego, "Atomic Noah"
* New characters who never originally appeared in the show at all are Penelope Lang's brother Charles "Chaz" Lang and his best female friend Sam from "private school" (which is since Sam first appeared in one of the quarter-hour episodes from the show's third season, "Elementary, My Dear Minimus"), Robot X-5's father and Robot B-1's brother Robot B-2, the titular heroine's 18-year-old "mean" babysitter Amy/Atomic Amy (and her spoiled selfish pet poodle Palette), Noah's mother and Mr. Parker's wife Mrs. Parker, Mr. & Mrs. Mystery (and their son Jr. Mystery, whose faces were completely obscured mostly by objects as "mysterious headless characters" that compare to either Dr. Claw from Inspector Gadget or Ms. Sara Bellum from The PowerPuff Girls), the Parker family's pet dog Baxter, Noah's guardian and Betty's classroom's science teacher Todd Phillips, the five Little Aliens (and their father The Big Alien), the Giant Cadet Robot from Outer Space, the Gigglebears and their Cousins (a parody of the American Greetings franchise "Care Bears"), and a few other characters.
* Penelope's thin-and-skinny friend Sarah isn't voiceless anymore from the show's fourth season onward, since she became mute for unknown reasons during the show's third season. Canadian actress/singer Tajja Isen (the voice of the show's titular heroine), replaces Catherine Disher's voice-over role as Penelope's thin-and-skinny friend Sarah, except that her voice sounds almost exactly like Jane from "Jane and the Dragon"; also from the show's fourth season onward, Ashleigh Ball and Julie Lemieux both replace Catherine Disher and Stephanie Morgenstern as their voice-over roles of Penelope and her fat friend Megan, respectively.
* The show's titular theme music from the first and second seasons were being re-recorded in arrangement by "Tajja Isen Band" (whose lead vocal singer is Canadian actress/singer Tajja Isen).
Add your comments below
|SpongeBob SquarePants Saves Young Girl's Life (Apr '10)||May 29||roseanneshowabcaxed||4|
|Paris Hilton wants a 'Disney Princess' wedding ...||Mar '18||Scary Old Woman||1|
|James Corden wants Sir Paul McCartney on Carpoo...||Mar '18||Hostis Publicus||1|
|Bill Nye Tells MSNBC To Say Climate Change, Not... (Feb '15)||Feb '18||pass the remote||4|
|Ben 10 Gets Cartoon Network Reboot (Dec '17)||Dec '17||u cn what im cn||2|
|'The Voice' Top Six Recap: Unexpected Songs Ste... (May '15)||Sep '17||Titan||3|
|Satellite radio's SiriusXM is debuting Beatles ... (May '17)||Aug '17||PrinterBench Tech||3|
Find what you want!
Search Children TV Forum Now
Copyright © 2018 Topix LLC