Pippi Longstocking: avatar journal

Posted in the Children TV Forum

Abishai100

Gloucester City, NJ

#1 Aug 22, 2011
I'm going to keep a journal with my girlfriend L about my investigative search into the cultural and imaginative significance of the international children's avatar icon Pippi Longstocking.

Pippi Longstocking is a fictional character from Swedish literature, a character who explores various lands and perspectives, spreading her joy and curiosity about humanism.

Pippi Longstocking is not unlike the Wendy's restaurant icon in the USA --- she is flitty and cute and reminiscent of a populist muse.

Hollywood (USA) could make a movie (and movie poster!) about Pippi Longstocking.

Are they printing movie posters on hemp/recycled paper yet?

God bless!
Abishai100

Gloucester City, NJ

#2 Aug 22, 2011
L and I believe we saw Pippi Longstocking in New Jersey, driving around near Wendy's in a hybrid Volkswagen.

I think Pippi is color-conscious.
Abishai100

Clementon, NJ

#3 Aug 23, 2011
You might find Pippi wandering around in your town eating a tater-tot.
Abishai100

Clementon, NJ

#4 Aug 24, 2011
Pippi Longstocking is a lot like Popeye's girlfriend Olive Oil, since Pippi also likes to sing.
Abishai100

Clementon, NJ

#5 Aug 25, 2011
If Pippi had a boyfriend, he'd probably be Batul the Great.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Children TV Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nogales band to march in Macy's annual parade (Nov '08) Feb 27 Xavierromao 3
Happy Birthday, Walt Disney, Creator of Mickey ... Feb 24 bob 1
Nogales High band to march in Macy's Thanksgivi... (Oct '08) Feb 23 Xavierromao 9
Kids should like nautical nonsense of - SpongeBob' Feb 22 freethinkradio do... 1
Bill Nye Tells MSNBC To Say Climate Change, Not... Feb 17 Earthling-1 1
Northwest African American Museum Celebrates 19... Feb 13 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Jimmy Fallons 'Saved By The Bell' Reunion Feb 6 Makes Sense 1
More from around the web