Bill Nye the Science Guy says creationism not good for kids

Aug 29, 2012 Read more: in.reuters.com 62

Scientist and children's television personality Bill Nye, in a newly released online video, panned biblical creationism and implored American parents who reject the scientific theory of evolution not to teach their beliefs to their youngsters.

"I say to the grownups, 'If you want to deny evolution and live in your world that's completely inconsistent with everything we've observed in the universe that's fine. But don't make your kids do it,'" said Nye, best known as host of the educational TV series "Bill Nye the Science Guy."

Read more
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#1 Aug 29, 2012
Mr_Bill will say it stronger than mr Nye:

Those who follow a "God" that lies and deceives, as is shown in "Creationism;" compared to oberved realiry; those people worship Satan under the idea that he is their God. God in Heaven is not a LIAR, but Old Scratch is.

You have been warned; Creationism is Satanism.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#2 Aug 29, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
I am not sure you can go that far. The ancient Sumerians believed that gods came from the heavens and created man from apes as a slave race to mine for gold. Using their own genetic material combining with ape to appear in their likeness.

This is from ancient Sumeria.
bohart

Newport, TN

#4 Aug 29, 2012
I'll buy creation before I'd buy all existence coming into being from nothing, caused by nothing, for the purpose of nothing.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#5 Aug 29, 2012
Kahoki wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure you can go that far. The ancient Sumerians believed that gods came from the heavens and created man from apes as a slave race to mine for gold. Using their own genetic material combining with ape to appear in their likeness.
what is never discussed by the "it's my way or the hyway" folks is, science STILL has no explanation for the almost instant leap from ape-like to self-aware human....(the sumarian's probably have the best explanation!)

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#6 Aug 29, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
Those who follow a "God" that lies and deceives, as is shown in "Creationism;" compared to oberved realiry; those people worship Satan under the idea that he is their God. God in Heaven is not a LIAR, but Old Scratch is.
THAT is just pure idiocy...

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#7 Aug 29, 2012
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
what is never discussed by the "it's my way or the hyway" folks is, science STILL has no explanation for the almost instant leap from ape-like to self-aware human....(the sumarian's probably have the best explanation!)
Exactly the splitting of specific genetics within our codes. Had to happen some how and nobody can give a true explanation.

“Old 16th Graveyard hole”

Since: Nov 11

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Aug 29, 2012
I don't get the problem, both are compatible ideas. Evolution took place over a long period of time, Creationism took place over a long period of time. We are all taught that God's "7 Day's" could be any period of time. I say He did create the heaven's and the earth, it just took a while. Bottom line, the first microbe had to come from something, or SOMEONE. No need to get all in a lather about either one.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#9 Aug 29, 2012
[QUOTE who="Mr_Bill"
[/QUOTE]

Mr_Bill the billshyt guy says... uh, well, billshyt.

'nuf said.
Your Ex

United States

#10 Aug 29, 2012
Remember kiddies, the "theory" of gravity
Has less scientific proving points than the
"theory" of evolution.
It's not too late to
Nail down
Your furniture.......

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#11 Aug 29, 2012
If you can't believe the Sesame Street science officer, who can you believe?

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#12 Aug 29, 2012
it would seem that children that are taught creationism are destined to remain small minded.
but those that are taught evolution will grow with an open mind.
make your choice, and move your kids to a state that agrees.

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#13 Aug 29, 2012
Kahoki wrote:
<quoted text>
K; I'm talking about the clash between God's beautiful, magical world as we can see it; and the Creationist view of a world's beginning that can only be imagined if God created fossils and hid them to fool us; and created a phony geology much older than the world. What sort of GOD would create lies?

Satan.

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#14 Aug 29, 2012
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your false interpretastion of the science "explanation" invalidates your general thesis.

And, it is not "it's my way or the hyway."
Science willingly overturns theeories all the time, when they are disproven, or a better theory fits the observed reality.
Creationism is a lie because it cannot fit observed reality.

If it did, it would be valid science.

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Aug 29, 2012
anneutral wrote:
it would seem that children that are taught creationism are destined to remain small minded.
but those that are taught evolution will grow with an open mind.
make your choice, and move your kids to a state that agrees.
Generalizations like this never work. Too many open minded Catholics running bits and pieces of the world for this to be even close.

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Aug 29, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
K; I'm talking about the clash between God's beautiful, magical world as we can see it; and the Creationist view of a world's beginning that can only be imagined if God created fossils and hid them to fool us; and created a phony geology much older than the world. What sort of GOD would create lies?
Satan.
Ummm, I have no idea what YOUR interpretation of Creation is, but the fossils are perfectly compatible with the view that God made evolution happen. Remember, as I said, one day in God time could have been thousands of year's, we ALL were taught that. I would guess all but the most sever sect that takes the written word of the bible at exact face value, understands that.

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#17 Aug 29, 2012
Kahoki wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly the splitting of specific genetics within our codes. Had to happen some how and nobody can give a true explanation.
Read Charles Darwin.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#18 Aug 29, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
Attention mr_bill_ayers!!! I don't call you mr_bill_ayers for nothing so GFY pervert.
bohart

Newport, TN

#20 Aug 29, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your false interpretastion of the science "explanation" invalidates your general thesis.
And, it is not "it's my way or the hyway."
Science willingly overturns theeories all the time, when they are disproven, or a better theory fits the observed reality.
Creationism is a lie because it cannot fit observed reality.
If it did, it would be valid science.
Observed reality? perhaps you can explain for science the observed reality of how life came to be in existence.

Location hidden

#21 Aug 29, 2012
What in the sam hell are those deranged democRat perverts going to actually "do" next? Here we are in August and you have a democRat geezer congressman having oral sex at a rest stop with a hapless 17 year old boy. Then you have a democRat pervert groping his female aides...it's an obamanation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21923...

http://www.topix.com/us/politics/2012/08/poli...

Location hidden

#22 Aug 29, 2012
Hats off to Ann Romney, Artur Davis and all the speakers ar the Republican Convention...Very well said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Children TV Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ben 10 Alien Force: Season One, Volume Two (Apr '09) Apr 5 Danielle 2
News Paul McCartney, left, will induct fellow Beatle... Mar '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Nogales band to march in Macy's annual parade (Nov '08) Feb '15 Xavierromao 3
News Happy Birthday, Walt Disney, Creator of Mickey ... Feb '15 bob 1
News Nogales High band to march in Macy's Thanksgivi... (Oct '08) Feb '15 Xavierromao 9
News Kids should like nautical nonsense of - SpongeBob' Feb '15 freethinkradio do... 1
News Bill Nye Tells MSNBC To Say Climate Change, Not... Feb '15 Earthling-1 1
More from around the web