Butch Hartman to create The Powerpuff Girls X, a Canadian-American co-production

Posted in the Children TV Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 48 Comments Last updated Apr 30, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Derek

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2010

Judged:

THE POWERPUFF GIRLS X will be premiered on "TELETOON [Canada]" ( http://www.teletoon.ca ) and "CARTOON NETWORK [U.S.]" ( http://www.cartoonnetwork.com ) around November 30, 2012, first as its 4-part/2-hour pilot episode of the full TV series, which it will be premiered around March 15, 2013, also on both of those networks.

The 2-hour/4-part full pilot episode will be released as Cartoon Network/Teletoon's first co-produced original animated film on DVD & Blu-ray Disc in North America & Japan around late 2012. THE POWERPUFF GIRLS X will be merchandised just four months after the full TV series premiered on "TELETOON" (Canada) and "CARTOON NETWORK" (U.S.), respectively.

The most noticeable fact in THE POWERPUFF GIRLS X (both 4-part/2-hour pilot episode and entire TV series) is that the Mayor's usually "headless" secretary, Ms. Sara Bellum, is being visible entirely with her face being shown on-screen due to her distinctive mother-figured hairstyle with the same hair color as her original incarnation counterpart, large green eyes, pink lipstick, and golden-yellow round earrings.
Derek

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2010

Judged:

Craig McCracken, Lauren Faust, and most of the other staff who worked on "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends" for Cartoon Network are all being moved on to Billionfold Studios to meet Butch Hartman and company who worked on "The Fairly OddParents" for Nickelodeon. The very first Billionfold Inc. production not to be produced for Nickelodeon will be a Canadian/American co-production, a remake of the original PowerPuff Girls. It will be titled "THE POWERPUFF GIRLS X", and will be produced by Warner Bros. Animation, Billionfold Inc. & Cookie Jar Entertainment for "CARTOON NETWORK [U.S.]" ( http://www.cartoonnetwork.com ) and "TELETOON [Canada]" ( http://www.teletoon.ca ), with Butch Hartman creating it and Craig McCracken writing it, both of whom are becoming producers, directors, background designers, and character designers.

CRAIG MCCRACKEN, the creator of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, is moving on to Billionfold Inc. to meet BUTCH HARTMAN, the creator of The Fairly OddParents. Butch Hartman's upcoming creation "THE POWERPUFF GIRLS X" (a remake of the original PowerPuff Girls) is showing all of its old characters from the 1998 incarnation in an all-new look (except for the PowerPuff Girls, the Rowdyruff Boys, and PPG Hotlines, which will have the same looks as they did to the 1998 incarnation)- in addition to all of its new characters being added, again with the same new looks - many who also appear in the 2006 Japanese anime remake as well as most of the characters who never appear in either of these incarnations.

THE POWERPUFF GIRLS X will be premiered on "TELETOON [Canada]" ( http://www.teletoon.ca ) and "CARTOON NETWORK [U.S.]" ( http://www.cartoonnetwork.com ) around November 30, 2012, first as its 4-part/2-hour pilot episode of the full TV series, which it will be premiered around March 15, 2013, also on both of those networks.

The 2-hour/4-part full pilot episode will be released as Cartoon Network/Teletoon's first co-produced original animated film on DVD & Blu-ray Disc in North America & Japan around fall 2012. THE POWERPUFF GIRLS X will be merchandised just four months after the full TV series premiered on "TELETOON" (Canada) and "CARTOON NETWORK" (U.S.), respectively.
Derek

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2010

Judged:

The most noticeable fact in THE POWERPUFF GIRLS X (both 4-part/2-hour pilot episode and entire TV series) is that the Mayor's usually "headless" secretary, Ms. Sara Bellum, is being visible entirely with her face being shown on-screen due to her distinctive mother-figured hairstyle with the same hair color as her original incarnation counterpart, large green eyes, pink lipstick, and golden-yellow round earrings.

The Narrator, just like he was in the 1998 incarnation, was never seen to viewers in THE POWERPUFF GIRLS X. He can be heard from off-screen in any of the show's episodes, even in the pilot episode to the new show itself.
Derek

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2010

Judged:

The character designs will be slightly different than they were in the original 1998 incarnation - except for The PowerPuff Girls, The RowdyRuff Boys, and PPG Hotlines (who all have the same designs as they were in the original 1998 incarnation)- consisting of their heads with faces, necks, five digits on each hand and on each foot, also with eye-color designs similar to characters from The Fairly OddParents, eye-shape designs similar to characters from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, ear designs similar to characters from The Fairly OddParents, hair-color and hair-style designs similar to The Fairly OddParents characters, and arm and leg designs similar to characters from comic book superhero universes like either DC Comics or Marvel.

Lauren Faust will move on to Billionfold after "MY LITTLE PONY: FREINDSHIP IS MAGIC" ended production after two-and-a-half seasons, just like her husband and company. Her husband Craig McCracken is becoming a writer for the new show itself, and Butch Hartman is becoming a creator for the new show itself.

Background designs being used mostly for THE POWERPUFF GIRLS X will be similar in style to "The Fairly OddParents" and "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends" and hand-drawn animation techniques with cel shades will be used for the new show, beginning with the pilot episode (a 2-hour, 4-part TV-special).
wtf

Burbank, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Judged:

Hi.
Stop your shenanigans. Either start quoting your information or stop.
Kthx.
Marjorie

Provincetown, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

this is gonna be a new show?
BubblesIsCute199 8

Napoli, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2012

Judged:

I hope that this news is fake.I want a sequel, no remake, especially with new style...
Powerpuff Girls fight crime!That's what they do, and if this remake is real, they will kill that idiot named Butch Hartman!
Powerpuff are better F*ckin' OddParents
Jacob

Macon, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

I can't wait to see the closing logoz! BILLIONFOLD!!!
Nothing Ness

Camden, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

hi iam a big fan off ppgs i hope they is true cause if it is i will like the ppgs to come back squell! >///< omg cant wait XD
wendy๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Flower Mound, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

Can one of ya hackers put rare flowers over mah hole town plzz and golden roses in the river plzz mah information is tel:1936-7413-1835
Town: Dallas
Name Wendy
Carolynn

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

I dont really trust this, is it or real!?!?!
Taylor

Clark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Judged:

Butch Hartman is a pretty good writer.
After Danny Phantom and The Fairly Odd Parents
I trust him with this.
Karia

Newberg, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Screenshots or it didn't happen. (Er, not going to happen.)
some guy

Marietta, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

It's fake, people. This much should be obvious. THE POST WAS MADE IN 2010
Some girl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

some guy wrote:
It's fake, people. This much should be obvious. THE POST WAS MADE IN 2010
. You never know despicable me started their trailers in 2009 and came out 2011 ...
Cloud

Astoria, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

If this post was made in 2010? Then why is it mentioning Mlp:Fim when My little pony started 2011? What?
peachie-pie

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

No, MLP:FIM was aired October 2010. What concerns me a bit is that it says "after MLP:FIM ended production after two and a half seasons" because Season 3 is half the length of the previous two for unspecified reasons.

Where'd all this information come from? If it was posted in 2010, then there shouldn't there have been more info by now?
Aunt Jemima

Arroyo Grande, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Source please!
Myk

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

Oh, god. ANYONE but Butch Hartman. ALL of his shows are unwatchable. PPG don;t need corny gags and screechy voices. It's a HUGE step backwards in their evolution.
maltese

Jakarta, Indonesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

After seeing all the hate for hartman, I gotta say, he's not that bad.
Actually, he's a really good cartoon producer.

And, of course this is fake. Anyone with a decent brain knows that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••