Ghetto millions

Ghetto millions

There are 24 comments on the BBC News story from Apr 25, 2011, titled Ghetto millions. In it, BBC News reports that:

Get Rich or Die Trying was a mantra coined by rapper 50 Cent - who did get rich, seriously rich, and who almost died in the process.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BBC News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#1 Apr 25, 2011
"Ghetto Millions"?

Rags to riches or whatever. Even though you have people like 50 cent, puff daddy and Jay-Z making it out the ghetto and going on to become millionaires and billionaires like pharrel, the black community is still lacking and falling further and further behind.

It would be nice to see young black doctors, scholars, writers and college professors voicing their encouragement to our youth to become something greater than just rappers and our young women being video vixens by day and pole lickers by night.
Ankhsanamen

AOL

#2 Apr 26, 2011
MizzHoneyBeeZ wrote:
"Ghetto Millions"?
Rags to riches or whatever. Even though you have people like 50 cent, puff daddy and Jay-Z making it out the ghetto and going on to become millionaires and billionaires like pharrel, the black community is still lacking and falling further and further behind.
It would be nice to see young black doctors, scholars, writers and college professors voicing their encouragement to our youth to become something greater than just rappers and our young women being video vixens by day and pole lickers by night.
For your information there are plenty of Black achievers speaking to youth at schools, conferences and even churches and youth groups. If you were Black you would have known that.

Your post and your IP number has been added to a list in an ongoing investigation of the violation of the Civils Right Act. Your future responses will also be tracked and added as applicable. Have a nice day.

TO: AT&T
Subj: Blatant Racism against the Black Race at the Topix Forums

Topix forums is one of the sites on the net that you advertise with.
I am a U.S. citizen who posts regularly in the African American forum. There are several of us Black Americans who post there every day, trying to bring words and articles of encouragement and lifting of Black standards to the others who post there. But we have a large problem. We are outnumbered by 10 to 1 of racists who come there for no other reason than to disparage the Black race. It has come to our attention also that the moderators of the forum are also in on the disparagement as they will delete our positive threads and posts in favor of the racists ones. Their techniques for management are sneaky and deplorable. Each day we have to start over again trying to get the positive material read on the forum. And all day and all night we meet resistence from the most sinsiter of hateful non-Black people.

More and more harmful threatening subjects are being put up on this forum, like arming people with guns, and talk of race war. There have even been suicidal people who came to the forum for help and were met with unkind, hateful words and suggestions to commit the actual suicide. Nowhere but on the internet is this type of racism allowed to go on under the amendments of the Constitution of this country, specifically the Civil Rights Act. If you could take the time to look into this matter and help us level the playing field, perhaps with a letter of concern directed to the right parties, we would certainly appreciate it. We Black posters are very serious about this. We all enjoy your products. But we don't have to use them. Our reputation as positive Black people in this country is more important to us. And we are duly prepared to take whatever steps we have to get this problem resolved, including organizing a boycott of all advertisers with this website. Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,

Cc: Mark Glaser, Mediashift (an online news source)
AT&T Corporate
Glam.com Corporate
Julius.Genachowski@fcc.gov Securities and Exchange Commission
Federal Communications Commission
Donald Trump Presidential Campaign
National Action Network
The Office of Presidential Correspondence (The White House)

“me! chee hoo! LOL!”

Since: Oct 09

Whangarei, New Zealand

#5 Apr 26, 2011
MizzHoneyBeeZ wrote:
"Ghetto Millions"?
problem is they get rich while in the process being responsible why more black men will go to prison there songs are so full of murder and swearing you can understandably see why more blacks go to prison than to college.

This pretty much why there is such a class gap between whites and blacks due to "role models" who you wanna be grow up I remember watching a doco and all these black kids we're asked who you wanna be and they said "50 cent" another "Snoop dog" and another "a rap star" not once did they say a doctor or even a prime minister

“me! chee hoo! LOL!”

Whangarei, New Zealand

#8 Apr 26, 2011
Sadbuttrue wrote:
<quoted text>Wow you have 10, 800 on Somaoan Irish alone never mind the other 350 Topix profiles you have.
MACEO you need to pay Topix a mortgage for being stupid!
don't worry! I'm gonna do another 10,000 when I'm over you know I paste and copy a lot don't worry bout the numbers! I usually here before start of work and during lunch or when on trade me.

I don't have 350 profiles I am what i am! try and learn off me then ya feel a little less crazy
Ankhsanamen

AOL

#9 Apr 26, 2011
Sadbuttrue wrote:
<quoted text>MACEO
We can count on AAM like you to put your money, time and efforts in to Poor Country WW LMAO!
STFU and stop talking about White's When you support the White man's daughters and put your own women down!
I hate Uncle Tom's like you!
I'm not against IR marriage; its just that Black men like yourself are so damn DUMB and have double standards!
All you do is waste your time whinning on some Forum boards! Its so weak and cowardly!
Last time I looked, you were not my mother. What I do with my time is my business. Sorry white man, we don't work for y'all no mo and we don't have to give a sh_t about what you think or what you say or what you do. But you do have my permission to get bent so by all means enjoy your day.
Dover

Glen Rock, NJ

#10 Apr 26, 2011
MizzHoneyBeeZ wrote:
"Ghetto Millions"?
I know. That is why we AA are the laughing stock of the world. They are laughing at us!!!
Ankhsanamen

AOL

#11 Apr 26, 2011
Dover wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. That is why we AA are the laughing stock of the world. They are laughing at us!!!
LOL, no, we (true Black people) are laughing at YOU. I almost feel bad for you, because you can't be Black and so would try to do anything, even take Black people down by anger, in a last moment of glory before you descend into the fires of hell yourself. Amazing. The devil at work, the work that he knows all too well.
Ankhsanamen

AOL

#12 Apr 26, 2011
Samoan Irish wrote:
<quoted text>problem is they get rich while in the process being responsible why more black men will go to prison there songs are so full of murder and swearing you can understandably see why more blacks go to prison than to college.
This pretty much why there is such a class gap between whites and blacks due to "role models" who you wanna be grow up I remember watching a doco and all these black kids we're asked who you wanna be and they said "50 cent" another "Snoop dog" and another "a rap star" not once did they say a doctor or even a prime minister
That is only because children are more impressed with the glitz and glamour of tv and movies. That is how white folks have designed this media to entrap children. If you ask white children who they want to be, they will tell you things, like Pokeman, Transformers, Parris Hilton. Get out of here Samoan. This thread is lethal. It is the racists pretending to be Black, pretending to be racist against the racists. Look over all the posts again and then get out of here and don't come back. They are using your energy.

oh___Rea11Y

“fk your one way rules.....”

Since: Apr 11

Hell, Norway

#13 Apr 26, 2011
Ankhsanamen wrote:
<quoted text>
For your information there are plenty of Black achievers speaking to youth at schools, conferences and even churches and youth groups. If you were Black you would have known that.
Not enough of them, apparently. PO(y)C are STILL complaining about being "disproportionately incarcerated", and all the blame does not go to the "racist" judicial system, some of it goes to the PO(y)C out there killing cops, and jumping over the counter at McDonald's.

If you WEREN'T black, YOU would know THIS.
Ankhsanamen wrote:
<quoted text>

Your post and your IP number has been added to a list in an ongoing investigation of the violation of the Civils Right Act. Your future responses will also be tracked and added as applicable. Have a nice day.
I am a U.S. citizen who posts regularly in the African American forum. There are several of us Black Americans who post there every day, trying to bring words and articles of encouragement and lifting of Black standards to the others who post there. But we have a large problem. We are outnumbered by 10 to 1 of racists who come there for no other reason than to disparage the Black race. It has come to our attention also that the moderators of the forum are also in on the disparagement as they will delete our positive threads and posts in favor of the racists ones. Their techniques for management are sneaky and deplorable. Each day we have to start over again trying to get the positive material read on the forum. And all day and all night we meet resistence from the most sinsiter of hateful non-Black people.
More and more harmful threatening subjects are being put up on this forum, like arming people with guns, and talk of race war. There have even been suicidal people who came to the forum for help and were met with unkind, hateful words and suggestions to commit the actual suicide. Nowhere but on the internet is this type of racism allowed to go on under the amendments of the Constitution of this country, specifically the Civil Rights Act. If you could take the time to look into this matter and help us level the playing field, perhaps with a letter of concern directed to the right parties, we would certainly appreciate it. We Black posters are very serious about this. We all enjoy your products. But we don't have to use them. Our reputation as positive Black people in this country is more important to us. And we are duly prepared to take whatever steps we have to get this problem resolved, including organizing a boycott of all advertisers with this website. Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
AT&T Corporate
Glam.com Corporate
National Action Network
So has yours.
Ankhsanamen wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody in history has had their low point. But there is only one set that's going to go down forever and never rise again. I think we both know who that is. But just in case you don't, it is the white devil and everybody that is down with him.
http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TELKLJKSKNHPH...
Spikewebbe

Jersey City, NJ

#14 Apr 26, 2011
This could've been a very very positive post about Black people and there are plenty of positive posts but of course the "angry and jealous" bigot of this forum have to show their ugly sites with their long winded posts and the "black crime stats" they LOVE to post so much.

Inconvenient Truth

“DEMOCRATS ARE JACKASSES”

Location hidden

#15 Apr 26, 2011
Spikewebbe wrote:
This could've been a very very positive post about Black people and there are plenty of positive posts but of course the "angry and jealous" bigot of this forum have to show their ugly sites with their long winded posts and the "black crime stats" they LOVE to post so much.
Whart's the issue Spike. Afraid of the truth.. Bottom line you need to worry about educating AA so they don't fall into a life of crime and stop making excuses all the time. Facts are facts and you need to start looking at black on black crime first. You just might learn something.
Spikewebbe

Jersey City, NJ

#16 Apr 26, 2011
Inconvenient Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Whart's the issue Spike. Afraid of the truth.. Bottom line you need to worry about educating AA so they don't fall into a life of crime and stop making excuses all the time. Facts are facts and you need to start looking at black on black crime first. You just might learn something.
I look at the good as well as the bad and there are plenty of Black people doing very well and moving past the ostacles of crime and not staying in school as opposed to bigots and ignorant people people like you who only see Black crime and Black on Black crime; you never see the educated Black people are are doing well and if you do you make fun of them or resort to you racist name calling which is so true of racist white America today.

Inconvenient Truth

Location hidden

#17 Apr 26, 2011
Spikewebbe wrote:
<quoted text>
I look at the good as well as the bad and there are plenty of Black people doing very well and moving past the ostacles of crime and not staying in school as opposed to bigots and ignorant people people like you who only see Black crime and Black on Black crime; you never see the educated Black people are are doing well and if you do you make fun of them or resort to you racist name calling which is so true of racist white America today.
That's your problem Spike.. AA need to start looking at this serious problem. Turn on the news and that's all you see. Get a gripe and face the problem. ignoring it isn't going to fix it and the sad thing is people you you don't even case.. All you do is make excuses, so stop candy coating black on black crime.
Spikewebbe

Jersey City, NJ

#18 Apr 26, 2011
Inconvenient Truth wrote:
<quoted text>That's your problem Spike.. AA need to start looking at this serious problem. Turn on the news and that's all you see. Get a gripe and face the problem. ignoring it isn't going to fix it and the sad thing is people you you don't even case.. All you do is make excuses, so stop candy coating black on black crime.
What excuses did I make, Meathead; I was talking about education and being successful; NOT candy coating anything... Again, you have NO idea of WTF you're spewing and please, you could care less about the Black community...you only enjoy putting black people down with your stupid insults...so go away little boy.

Inconvenient Truth

Location hidden

#19 Apr 26, 2011
Spikewebbe wrote:
<quoted text>
What excuses did I make, Meathead; I was talking about education and being successful; NOT candy coating anything... Again, you have NO idea of WTF you're spewing and please, you could care less about the Black community...you only enjoy putting black people down with your stupid insults...so go away little boy.
The only AA I put down is you.. You haven't a clue what America is about, but anytime someone brings up a black issue you always need to deflect away from it instead of faceing the issue. That is the excuses I am talking about. I tried a new thing today and I was right. I haven't called you a name one time today and it didn't take long for you to rant and turn it into a race issue. I was always right about you, so spare me you so called knowlege about black America. Turn on the news and maybe you can learn something. Again you know nothing about America or what it stands for.. All you is how to hate whites and how to hate America. I hope you are proud of yourself and please do get a better education.

CaptainDelight

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#20 Apr 26, 2011
Spikewebbe wrote:
Typical. You complain about posting your failures as a race instead of complaining about your behaviors that caused you to be failures as a race.
Spikewebbe

Jersey City, NJ

#21 Apr 26, 2011
CaptainDelight wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical. You complain about posting your failures as a race instead of complaining about your behaviors that caused you to be failures as a race.
And typical of you, making NO sense on your posts. We're certainly NOT a failure of a racists considering the vast discrimination and obstacles Black people had to go through in this country for hundreds of years; yet many many many Black people overcame the racist obstacles of this country... Black men couldn't play pro baseball until 1947 and look at us now...hahahaha; took OVER the sport.

Inconvenient Truth

Location hidden

#22 Apr 26, 2011
Spikewebbe wrote:
<quoted text>
And typical of you, making NO sense on your posts. We're certainly NOT a failure of a racists considering the vast discrimination and obstacles Black people had to go through in this country for hundreds of years; yet many many many Black people overcame the racist obstacles of this country... Black men couldn't play pro baseball until 1947 and look at us now...hahahaha; took OVER the sport.
Warning
"Please don't post solely to insult another user in the forums - if you have an issue with another user, please don't bicker with them in the forums. Instead, just send us links to their content and we can take a look for you. Thanks, admin@topix"

CaptainDelight

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#23 Apr 26, 2011
Spikewebbe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Look at you now.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#24 Apr 26, 2011
Ankhsanamen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sincerely,
AT&T Corporate
Glam.com Corporate
National Action Network
Here comes a house N, Im'ma tell massa type. SMH..........Maybe there are blacks who are operating in positive ways around the globe, but why are they so silent? Why are they hiding in the dark unseen? Why is it that 50 cent and P diddy can grace the covers of Jet, Ebony, Essence, Rolling stone and Fortune magazines and these so called "positive" brothers and sisters don't? These negative images get so much attention, you'd think the positive ones would be marching til kingdom come to get recognized, but they don't!

Your just one of those uncle tom, jesse jackson, Al sharpton diaper changers that have alot of mouth and that's about it. People like you always want to say something positive but you never DO anything positive. The black community has been in a trance ever since B.E.T started airing on television and we still can't see that BS like rap videos and coon type movies are steady setting us up for the fall!

NOW RUN AN TELL THAT , HOME BOY!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Children TV Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ben 10 Gets Cartoon Network Reboot Dec 29 u cn what im cn 2
News 'The Voice' Top Six Recap: Unexpected Songs Ste... (May '15) Sep '17 Titan 3
News Satellite radio's SiriusXM is debuting Beatles ... (May '17) Aug '17 PrinterBench Tech 3
News Meet 'Sesame Street's' muppet with autism (Mar '17) Jul '17 Operator NumberTwo 10
News TV and films turning to young girls for its new... (Jun '17) Jun '17 Paul 1
News Late in life, sex assault trial caps Cosby's li... (Jun '17) Jun '17 Parden Pard 2
News The worst idea the Beatles ever had (May '17) May '17 Declining Popularity 1
More from around the web